MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You know, while it isn't ideal, MMA is the only sport I don't mind watching after the fact. Even if I find out the results ahead of time I can still watch it later. For me personally, that just isn't true for any other sport.

Of course I always prefer to watch it live if at all possible, it just isn't always possible.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy seeing MMA after the fact but only to see the highlights of a fight. If I really want to see a fight I don't care if I avoid spoilers and watch it later, but not knowing the outcome makes a huge difference in combat sports. There's nothing like a combat sport's ability to change the game in a split second. Look away for a moment and you could miss

russow-duffee-gif_medium.gif

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'll notice that for most PPV events these days I disappear, sometimes for a day or two. I've become quite skilled at avoiding MMA spoilers before I watch the event finally. I can't watch other sports recorded generally, but MMA I have no problem really.

I love watching them DVR'd especially. 3 hour event becomes 70-90 minutes without all the between fight shittery.

A lot of it probably comes from all my friends who I browbeat in to loving MMA have drifted back away from it. If you can't watch with other people then watching live becomes less important.

Is this event on fox going to be even worth watching? I feel like every other commercial is their free live event...

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this event on fox going to be even worth watching? I feel like every other commercial is their free live event...
I assume you mean theDodson/Johnson Foxcard on the 26th and not theFX cardcoming up this weekend? If so, God yes.

Main event will probably be boring for most of it unless you like little guys bouncing around doing no real damage. Unless Dodson lands his usual 1 good punch. I don't really expect he will but I hope I'm wrong.

Rampage/Teixeira? Fireworks. Pulling for Glover to keep it rolling here, he's exciting as fuck.

Cerrone vs. Pettis? If you don't want to watchthis guyfightthis guyyou are not an MMA fan.

There's some good shit on the undercard too.

The FX card this week though? Eh...it's in Brazil so it will be stacked with Brazilians. Those dudes really come to fight when they fight in Brazil, so it WILL have great fights. Just won't be stacked with household names.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Rampage/Teixeira? Fireworks. Pulling for Glover to keep it rolling here, he's exciting as fuck.
Rampage has been so underwhelming recently that I just don't see it being much of a fight. Who knows, he could of course make some miracle comeback, but I just don't see it. The guy seems to be totally disinterested in fighting anymore.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, 'Page getting KTFO is the fireworks most likely to happen. I don't see him going all wrestlerapey on Teixeira so someone is getting punched real real hard.

Primus662

Trakanon Raider
Definitely excited to see Cormier and Mir, since I'm all aboard the Cormier hype train. Also after hearing Barnett's pro wrestling pitch after his victory on Strikeforce's last show I definitely hope he finds his way into the UFC, if for no reason other than comedy cold whenever he gets his hands on a mic.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think she is a genuinely good athlete, that works hard towards her goal. However, she sounds like she is dumb as shit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hate to double post, but full list ofStrikeforce guys coming over to the UFCwas released.

HEAVYWEIGHT

Daniel Cormier (11-0 MMA, 8-0 SF)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 4-1-1 SF)
Gian Villante (10-3 MMA, 3-2 SF)

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Roger Gracie (6-1 MMA, 4-1 SF)
Tim Kennedy (15-4 MMA, 6-2 SF)
Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA, 4-0 SF)
Champ Luke Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF)
Ronaldo Souza (17-3 MMA, 7-1 SF)

WELTERWEIGHT

Roger Bowling (11-3 MMA, 4-3 SF)
Jason High (16-3 MMA, 3-0 SF, 0-1 UFC)
Nate Marquardt (32-11-2 MMA, 1-1 SF, 10-4 UFC)
Champ Tarec Saffiedine (14-3 MMA, 6-1 SF)
Bobby Voelker (24-8 MMA, 4-1 SF)

LIGHTWEIGHT

Ryan Couture (6-1 MMA, 6-1 SF)
Pat Healy (29-16 MMA, 7-1 SF, 0-1 UFC)
Kurt Holobaugh (8-1 MMA, 0-1 SF)
Adriano Martins (24-6 MMA, 1-0 SF)
Champ Gilbert Melendez (21-2 MMA, 11-1 SF)
K.J. Noons (11-6 MMA, 3-4 SF)
Josh Thomson (19-5 MMA, 10-3 SF, 2-1 UFC)
==================================================

So my guess list the other day only missed a couple guys. I was surprised no chick fighters, but I'm guessing that will just be a separate announcement. Or they'll ditch the whole stupid fucking experiment after the Rousey event bombs.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sucks that Barnett isn't coming over. While the heavyweight division in the UFC is in better shape than it ever has been, it isn't like that can't use more talent there.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, it's not necessarily the final list. I think just everyone officially under contract already. With Barnett I'm sure it's gonna take more wrangling. I've still got hope.