MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
34q5vm1.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Dana is praying that Connor wins now that he loses another lead man.

Rough year for UFC.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dana is praying that Connor wins now that he loses another lead man.

Rough year for UFC.
You think anyone gives a shit about Cain? UFC probably wants to market the shit out of Arlovski or JDS. Personally I would want Barnett Vs Werdum

Dont care for Werdum but it feels like the guy has been around forever, Congrats

Shit

Congrats again to Werdum, I have watched him for around a decade but not to many fights. 37 almost 38 and now the UFC Champ.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Congrats to Werdum. Cain had 1.5 years off and came unprepared, so it's someone else's turn. How many people now are tied for only being able to defend the UFC heavyweight belt two times? Let's see...

Couture, Tim Sylvia, Lensar and now Cain are all tied for most consecutive title defenses.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Great event last night! So happy Werdum got the win. He was smiling before Cain even tapped. It opens up the heavyweight landscape so much now, so the division definitely just got a lot more interesting. I'm really looking forward to see how it all pans out over the next couple of months.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
The altitude was certainly a factor as it was obvious Can gassed. Werdum looked great though, and I am not trying to take anything away from him. His stand up looked at least on par with Cain and the (ex)champ didnt want to get on the ground with Werdum.

Interesting shake up in the HW division.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I didnt watch the fight, was Werdum using palm strikes?
Nah, but he was ragdolling Cain in the Muay Thai clinch. Cain kind of looked lost when simply bulldogging Werdum didn't work like it did with JDS. But JDS is known for having terrible, back straight up to the cage and get punched, as his defense. This really opens up the division which is great. JDS can actually fight for the title again, Stipe and Arlovski are waiting in the wings ready to go. Cain can now fight someone new, or gasp, fight more than once every 2 years! Rafael Cordeiro apparently works miracles, he took two BJJ first practitioners with terribad striking in RDA and Werdum, and turned them into incredibly competent strikers, who have deadly submission games to fall back on if the fight hits the ground.

Rest of the card except for Yair Rodriguez vs Charles Rosa was super mediocre, but you can blame that on having the fight at 7k feet elevation, which was a terrible idea, especially for a heavyweight title fight. Did no one remember Denver a few years back??

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had 100 bucks on Werdum via sub. Surprised how big of a dog he was for that fight.

At this point Werdum is clearly in the top 2 HW of all time along with Fedor. He absolutely dominated Cain in striking and might be the best striker in the division at this point. Those Knee's are brutal. Looking at the replay it's amazing Cain did not get KTFO by one that landed flush on his chin.

Can anyone think of another Athlete that improved so much during his mid-late 30s?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cain's boxing coach needs to rethink his life. Standing right in front of a heavyweight and making no attempt to avoid or block a single strike is a terrible strategy.

I love Werdum.

Also the Alvarez/Melendez fight was pretty entertaining.

edit: BTW if Werdum had stayed with those inside kicks to Cain's lead leg he might have just won the fight that way. They were wrecking him.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
P4P changes are pretty crazy. Cain dropped six spots to #10 and Werdum went up 8 spots to #6. Weidman also now over MM for #2.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Props to Werdum, but you had a heavyweight who looked extremely dominant in Cain and potential billing for Jones to clean out the limited few he has left at LHW and then move to a fairly big fight with Cain. Props to Werdum, Cain looked like straight shit. He gassed extremely early. It looks like a Werdum vs. JDS rematch, Id be ok with Arvloski as well.