MMA Thread

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I am expecting some big excuses from Rashad, he wasn't even at the post fight presser

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I just have to add a lmao at Jacob Volkmann losing. I hate that fucking guy, but I picked him to win nonetheless. And yeah Cormier had some kidney problems cutting weight before. I've also seen where he wants Jon Jones, but I was just referring to what DFW just said at the press conference.

Also, anyone that can't appreciate how happy Silva was after knocking out Overeem can fellate a hot curling iron. That was the best part of the night. I think we all wanted to see Overeem destroy him for the most part but that made my night.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I have to comment on Fitch and Maia again. I'm glad some people here enjoyed it and I definitely don't mind grappling in MMA and can appreciate the technical aspect of what Maia was trying to do (he was working) but at some point enough is enough. Especially when your basically in the same position for 15 minutes trying for the same submissions when it's obvious you're just not going to get it. This is the UFC not a grappling tournament ffs
tongue.png
. Bring back the damn yellow card from pride please lol.

On the flipside, I guess you could say it's Fitch's fault for not being able to jack shit against it I guess. Still doesn't make it lame though. And boring.

edit: Just watched post fight conference quickly and lol @ Overeem not being there. What a damn poor sport. Probably off crying in the hotel room and juicing it up since he's safe for awhile!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It was still leaps and bounds better than the Rashad vs Nog fight!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I respect the fuck out of Fitch's submission defense, but I'm really disappointed in how risk-averse Maia was. He was absolutely terrified of ending up under Fitch and so didn't take any risks. He could have tried to set up the arm bar more etc, but that means you end up on the bottom generally if it doesn't work. Meh. Impressive wrestling by him though I guess.

Rashad/Nog was one of the worst fights ever. I'd watch Fitch/Maia 100 times before watching that again. What the fuck Nog, you forget how to throw anything but the two straight punches? And dipshit Rashad tried 4 pathetic takedowns? Fuck both of them.

I picked Reem, but when I saw him carrying his hands by his waist with his chin up and out in the first, and throwing that lazy loopy left I instantly started thinking he was gonna get tagged. Whoever said Silva is just known for being big hasn't watched him fight much. Dude has legit striking for the HW division. He's got a much higher KO% than Overeem. Flying knees and shit, he's got serious athleticism. Just doesn't look like it because he's like 70% torso and 25% Easter Island head.

Wish Aldo had stuck with the leg kicks more, I know he was worried about the takedowns but that just means you set them up with punches more. Every time I see a guy dismantling someone's leg and then just STOP it drives me nuts.

MCCall/Benavidez was a good fight=) Though Benavidez boxing coach needs to work on his punch technique, half the clean shots they showed were just bad technique. Slappy Jake Shields type punches that don't get the full force transferred. It was kind of frustrating honestly, to see him using footwork and speed and timing to get the punches on McCall but not landing them right.

Shano

I respect the fuck out of Fitch's submission defense, but I'm really disappointed in how risk-averse Maia was. He was absolutely terrified of ending up under Fitch and so didn't take any risks. He could have tried to set up the arm bar more etc, but that means you end up on the bottom generally if it doesn't work. Meh. Impressive wrestling by him though I guess.
The more I've gotten to think about it, I guess you can't blame Maia for playing it safe. No doubt he's in the "must win at all cost" mentality because he has been impressive since his drop to WW and is def. on the path to number 1 contender spot. Probably why I was upset though, because he is a lot more diverse and capable of more than what he showed. Oh well though, like fighting fire with fire, might as well Fitch the Fitch lol.

And I didn't even realize they were talking about Anderson vs Rashad if he had won (wtf?). Absolutely glad he lost now, because it is apparently Silva vs Weidman now, which should be a great fight.

Haalen_sl

shitlord
Do you think Overeem's trainers are going to tell him how dumb he was in that fight, or do you think the Blackzillians are going to tell him something like he "just got caught"?

Woad_sl

shitlord
Holy fuck what a terrible card for picks. Nearly every fight was an upset. Luckily I did well enough to grab the top spot though!

Super disappointed in Reem. He fought lazy and deserved to lose like that.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wonder what Overeem would score on the Wunderlic test.

He must be border-line retarded, because he seems to just lose his MMA IQ at certain times. I have seem him tagged and rocked before, so this wasnt some sort of surprise, but that was by the likes of Badr Hari etc, not Bigfoot Silva who just got mauled by Velasquez. Yeah Silva is a strong heavyweight and deserves a lot of respect, but Overeem had no fucking business losing that fight. He straight dominated Silva in the first two rounds (all while having his hands down) and then lost the fight due to being an idiot n the 3rd.

Like, how do you go into a fight like that totally disregarding your opponents striking ability? Its an embarrassment to him and his whole camp.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Like, how do you go into a fight like that totally disregarding your opponents striking ability? Its an embarrassment to him and his whole camp.
Not his whole camp. Maybe the hands down strat is what he was practicing behind the black curtain he set up at Blackzilians.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Antonio Silva: $70,000 (no win bonus)
Alistair Overeem: $285,714.29

Shano

Well at least Anthony Johnson won't have any trouble making weight this time!