MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Anyone got a link or something to the 'controversial' dq between Faber and Menjivar back in 2006? Or can at least describe what was controversial about it.
Kick to downed opponent according to wiki.

Fuck yeah butt chin! That transition was awesome.

Fedor

<Banned>
Amar_Suloev_vs_Paul_Cahoon_II_2h2h_-_5.gif

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy fuck, did he straight rip his groin off?
well he may have pulled his hip flexor, but that guy also looks far more flexible than the dude who tapped out in the gif that tuco posted from earlier tonight. That dude needs to stretch before he fights in a professional MMA bout.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Well, predictable fight is predictable.... This is going exactly how everyone thought it would.... which is not entertaining as neither guy is going to get KOd.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i could see a judge giving round 3 to henderson based on the 'takedown'.

*edit*

split decision. terrible judges are terrible. Or at least one judge is. I don't mind watching Machida fight. He's always a KO risk, just not against Henderson.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I scored it 29-28. It went about how I thought it would but I was really disappointed in Machida. He employed his style but didn't really try to fight Henderson. I definitely do not want to see MAchida vs JJ again.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
i could see a judge giving round 3 to henderson based on the 'takedown'.

*edit*

split decision. terrible judges are terrible. Or at least one judge is. I don't mind watching Machida fight. He's always a KO risk, just not against Henderson.
Machida is good for 5 rounders, his non-championship fights have usually been pretty blah. I think they should just stick him out there with Shogun every couple months and leave it at that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah would have been 10 more minutes for Johnson to get a chance to knock Shaub's ass out. Obviously some fights would just be an extra 10 minutes of boring, but I think a lot more fights wouldn't be.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well that fight deserved to be in the main event. Fuck the haters. It was a good fight.