MMA Thread

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I started it a bit late. Did they say why Rousey isn't there?
Dana said something like "Lets just say she wont be eating much food at the after party tonight"

Carmouche has teeth marks in her arm from crushing her teeth so hard.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
That neck crank Carmouche put on Rousey was nasty! Hence the teeth marks...also that pic from earlier of the sub was an inverted kneebar me thinks.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just watched the Koscheck fight, and I gotta say I think it was stopped early. I really doubt that Kos was going to mount a comeback there, and it was probably well on its way to a finish. However, I just think when it is that close you have to give the fighter the benefit to fight back some.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
also that pic from earlier of the sub was an inverted kneebar me thinks.
It was and it wasn't if you watch the replay he was using the dudes own shoulder as a fulcrum and forcing his foot towards his head. He pulled the leg up and then forced it in. You can kind of see the angle he is pulling with his hands in this picture.

rrr_img_14693.jpg

Just watched the Koscheck fight, and I gotta say I think it was stopped early. I really doubt that Kos was going to mount a comeback there, and it was probably well on its way to a finish. However, I just think when it is that close you have to give the fighter the benefit to fight back some.
Dana said at the presser he was out, Koscheck had no clue what happened, he had to watch the screen to find out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dana said at the presser he was out, Koscheck had no clue what happened, he had to watch the screen to find out.
Has Dana ever come out and said one of his refs fucked up? I mean even if it was a bad stoppage, which I'm on the fence about, I can't ever see Dana saying it was bad unless it was REALLY obvious. He definitely doesn't want to undercut the reputation/authority of one of his most respected refs either.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Has Dana ever come out and said one of his refs fucked up? I mean even if it was a bad stoppage, which I'm on the fence about, I can't ever see Dana saying it was bad unless it was REALLY obvious. He definitely doesn't want to undercut the reputation/authority of one of his most respected refs either.
Ummmm he says the ref's fucked up every chance he gets. Calling them fucking idiots, morons, useless etc.

You must be trolling

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Also, they aren't his refs. They are employees of the respective state regulatory body. Dana has zero say in who refs and how they ref.
rrr_img_14695.jpg

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dana is probably one of the biggest 'homers' out there. Personally I haven't heard him ever really say much negative stuff, unless it wasreallyobvious, or that one Jon Jones incident comes to mind.

He will bash the shit out of boxing though.

edit: Totally forgot about some of his rants. ^^ he does shit on them a lot

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ummmm he says the ref's fucked up every chance he gets. Calling them fucking idiots, morons, useless etc.

You must be trolling
Thought that was just the judges

They aren't his refs. They are employees of the respective state regulatory body. Dana has zero say in who refs and how they ref.
I suppose common sense would have made me realize this, but it's late and I'm tiredfrom my trip to Kentucky yesterday.

Woad_sl

shitlord
Was it just me, or did they have to blur out Rousey's nipple a couple times when Carmouche had Rousey's back? Sure looked like it on the rip I watched.

ilikefoods

Peasant
It was and it wasn't if you watch the replay he was using the dudes own shoulder as a fulcrum and forcing his foot towards his head. He pulled the leg up and then forced it in. You can kind of see the angle he is pulling with his hands in this picture.

rrr_img_14693.jpg

Doesn't look like that would put enough strain on the knee to do any damage and force a sub. His hamstring was probably killing him though and he probably went in to a panic thinking his knee would be next. Unless he used his own knee as the fulcrum, it seems well placed to do it in that picture.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Doesn't look like that would put enough strain on the knee to do any damage and force a sub. His hamstring was probably killing him though and he probably went in to a panic thinking his knee would be next. Unless he used his own knee as the fulcrum, it seems well placed to do it in that picture.
After that fight the dude cranking the leg said that he tore an opponent's hamstring with that before. Also, the guy who tapped was grabbing the back of his thigh immediately afterwards. There also might have been a bit of a twisting/sideways kneebar going on.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have a place to re-watch the Grice fight? I missed it and would like to see it, but can't find it as part of the UFC 157 torrent.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
he talks so much shit about Mazzagati

Copo_sl

shitlord
I mean Mazzagati is fucking terrible and Herb Dean is really good. I would be doing the same thing hoping that he would just end up saying fuck it I quit.