MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand the Rousey arm bar hate. All of her opponents after the first 2 or 3 HAD to know what to work on. Especially Carmouche. The entire training camp should have been "STOP HER FROM ARMBARRING ME", and yet she still does it every time. Means she is damn good at it.
ALso that the level of competition in women's MMA is woefully lacking. Again, plenty of male fighters have done the same thing early in their careers, it stops when they get to the big leagues. There are no WMMA big leagues(relatively speaking).

ilikefoods

Peasant
I don't understand the Rousey arm bar hate. All of her opponents after the first 2 or 3 HAD to know what to work on. Especially Carmouche. The entire training camp should have been "STOP HER FROM ARMBARRING ME", and yet she still does it every time. Means she is damn good at it.
A lot of fighters are retarded about how they train. Roger Gracie spent 95% of his time doing BJJ when training to fight Mo Lawal. Arguably the greatest in the world at BJJ, winning all of his matches in 2005 ADCC by submission and all of his 2009 mundials matches by submission, and he decides to spend most of his time doing BJJ to prepare for a fight against a dangerous striker.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Totally stacked card. Hunt and Struve could be one of the more memorable fights of the year.

Main Card
Silva vs Stann
Hunt vs Struve
Gomi vs Sanchez
Okami vs Lombard
Hirota vs Yahya
Kim vs Bahadurzada

Prelims
Fukuda vs Tavares
Mizugaki vs Caraway
Marcello vs Tokudome
Caceres vs Kang
Guimaraes vs Lim
- See more at:http://www.ufc.com/event/FUEL8#/fight

Rhaiq_sl

shitlord
I like the Fuel card, but I'm really looking forward to GSP/Diaz, even if the title shot is a little (completely) unjustified.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
160 looks amazing
Cain Velasquez vs Antonio Silva
Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem
Glover Teixeira vs Ryan Bader
Gunnar Nelson vs Mike Pyle
Pat Barry vs Shawn Jordan
Donald Cerrone vs KJ Noons

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
The pre fight press conference started early as hell the other day but doesn't look like the fights will air til 10pm est tomorrow night. That's the latest they've done one in a while. When they had a card in China that shit aired at like 9am in the morning so not sure if this i a tape delay or what.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Hunt vs Struve upsets me so much. I really love both guys, and seeing one of their streaks get snapped really sucks. If Roy/Browne/JDS can KTFO Struve, so can Hunt without question. However, if Sean McCorkle can submit Hunt, then Struve can do it blindfolded. I have this sinking feeling that Hunt is going to get armbarred as soon as Struve gets uncomfortable with Hunt's punches (which shouldn't take long). Sigh... terrible matchmaking Joe Silva, leave my outside favorite heavyweights alone!

Rhaiq_sl

shitlord
The pre fight press conference started early as hell the other day but doesn't look like the fights will air til 10pm est tomorrow night. That's the latest they've done one in a while. When they had a card in China that shit aired at like 9am in the morning so not sure if this i a tape delay or what.
Yeah I wondered this as well. Japan is what, 12 hours ahead? So if there is no tape delay or whatnot, they are fighting at 10AM over there? Seems odd, but I know nothing of Japan.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I wondered this as well. Japan is what, 12 hours ahead? So if there is no tape delay or whatnot, they are fighting at 10AM over there? Seems odd, but I know nothing of Japan.
All the recent UFC cards in Japan have been in the AM in Japan.

Fedor

<Banned>
iN2jU8gYQkjDp.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else using MMA-TV.net right now? For some reason I can't get the HD working.