MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I'm more excited about Brunson than Hall. Only loss in the UFC was against Romero and he almost had him KO'd. He should be ranked #7 and Hall should be ranked #10...not the other way around.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn, did anyone else just see that fight? That was insane.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Bang! That's what I was talking about. Brunson deserves a step up in competition for his next fight. Not a title fight (even though Bisping isn't much of a champ), but someone in the top 5. Hell if Hendo knocks out Bisping again next month and retires I hope they do a tournament.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Shows how much I know. Johnson just starched Poirier, and then proceeded to be a shit stain after he KO'd him.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I saw somewhere on twitter this morning that McGregor vs. Alvarez at UFC 205 got leaked on Joe Rogan's fight companion last night. Anyone else seen or heard this?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I saw somewhere on twitter this morning that McGregor vs. Alvarez at UFC 205 got leaked on Joe Rogan's fight companion last night. Anyone else seen or heard this?
Looked around and didn't see that reported anywhere. Would be awesome if it were true though. That would definitely make 205 a pretty stacked card.

I have to assume if that happens though, McGregor will need to relinquish his 145 belt.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's been brewing in the rumor mill for awhile now that Alvarez vs McGregor will be the headliner for the MSG card but the biggest problem in negotiating is Dana wants McGregor to relinquish the featherweight belt and he doesn't want to. As for what Rogan said..

"‘I know a little something that I wish I could tell, it’s a interesting fight, man,’ said Rogan when asked about the Alvarez rumour. ‘If it happens… allegedly at Madison Square Garden. If it happens… allegedly in a couple of months.”

Rogan just about confirms McGregor will be bidding for history in his next fight

Shano

Yeah I don't see that fight ending well for McGregor. I mean Conor definitely has that 1 hit KO power but Alvarez can take a hit and he's a hell of a grinder. If Nate Diaz put enough pressure on McGregor to tire him out Alvarez is going to the same x10.

I don't know though.. since the time McGregor became relevant he always proves me wrong when I pick against him (except against Dennis Siver, picked McGregor to win that one because seriously... it was Dennis Siver). Every other fight I picked him to lose and he wins. Then I pick him to win vs Diaz in their first fight and he get's his ass beat. Pick him to lose in their second fight and he wins! :p

edit: Also Aldo apparently wants Pettis at MSG instead of Holloway. Goes without saying Holloway isn't to happy and I can't blame him Furious Max Holloway: Jose Aldo is running scared

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It's been brewing in the rumor mill for awhile now that Alvarez vs McGregor will be the headliner for the MSG card but the biggest problem in negotiating is Dana wants McGregor to relinquish the featherweight belt and he doesn't want to. As for what Rogan said..

"‘I know a little something that I wish I could tell, it’s a interesting fight, man,’ said Rogan when asked about the Alvarez rumour. ‘If it happens… allegedly at Madison Square Garden. If it happens… allegedly in a couple of months.”

Rogan just about confirms McGregor will be bidding for history in his next fight

I heard the biggest issue, outside of the title relinquishment is that alvarez is holding out for a payday similar to Connor's 3 million show for UFC 202.

Shano

I heard the biggest issue, outside of the title relinquishment is that alvarez is holding out for a payday similar to Connor's 3 million show for UFC 202.
Haven't heard that one but I wouldn't blame him. Seeing Nick Diaz make 2 mill and McG 3 mill I would expect the same especially when a belt is online and holding a big event like MSG.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know though.. since the time McGregor became relevant he always proves me wrong when I pick against him (except against Dennis Siver, picked McGregor to win that one because seriously... it was Dennis Siver).

Don't be hating on Siver, he is (was?) a solid gatekeeper for the top 10. It was just a completely ridiculous mismatch, McGregor had such an absurd reach advantage over Siver that he could just put his hand on Siver's head and hold him out of punching range.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
0hZyRWz.gif