MMA Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, maybe Im overestimating Diaz like some have mentioned here, but something tells me he can bother GSP. Bothering him and beating him are two different things, but I'm still not totally convinced GSP's chin is legit. His KO loss to Serra was eon's ago, but if he starts taking some punches and isnt able to bust Nick up enough to sap him or keep him at bay, he might get roughed up a bit. Eventhen he will still probably pull out a decision, because he is GSP, but I can definitely see Diaz leaving the fight looking the better man (face wise and damage wise).

It would be interesting to see them on the ground but I doubt it happens. Diaz BJJ is a debated topic as some feel its over-rated but Im pretty sure he is good enough to neutralize almost any WW in the UFC. Ill admit Im biased towards DIaz but I would like to see a Jackson fighter, GSP especially, take some fucking chances and give the fans blood and excitement.
You're out of your mind. GSP will GNP him with ease.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It would be interesting to see them on the ground but I doubt it happens. Diaz BJJ is a debated topic as some feel its over-rated but Im pretty sure he is good enough to neutralize almost any WW in the UFC. Ill admit Im biased towards DIaz but I would like to see a Jackson fighter, GSP especially, take some fucking chances and give the fans blood and excitement.
Diaz BJJ is legit, but GSP has some of the best BJJ defense in the sport. Nick is not scared to be on the bottom, but I have no thought that he's got an advantage there against GSP. Most fights Nick on the bottom is Nick in charge, not the case here.

As for a Jackson fighter taking chances, Condit picked Nick apart. Condit is not GSP, why would we ever think GSP would execute a gameplan worse than Carlos?

I HOPE Diaz can put George out of his comfort zone and make him attack, but I do not expect it.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
GSP doesn't take chances, he lays a plan and follows it to the end.. of round 5. Amazing fighter, but holy shit he has become boring over the years.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Prior to getting KO's by Serra, GSP was 13-1 with 3 decisions. Post Serra KO's he's 10-0 with 7 decisions and would have been 8 if the doctors hadnt stopped BJ, before the start of the 5th round, from being a punching bag for one more round. I'm going to stare into my crystal ball and see if i can predict the fight....
They meet in the center for the rules...Diaz is full on mean mugging GSP with the stank face.
Round 1 Bell rings...they circle...exchange a few jabs...GSP shoots in, takes down Diaz....controls him while GnP'ing. Diaz tries a few hip escapes but GSP nullifies while landing a few punches and elbows...Bell rings..
Round 2-5 .....ditto round one
UD for GSP

I hope i'm wrong. I hate Diaz and don't really dislike GSP, but jesus GSP is so boring and him losing would be good for the division to mix things up. He's good at what he does, but man it's not exciting at all. BTW, why does Diaz get a title shot coming off a loss? it's freaking stupid.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I agree pretty much 100% on how that fight goes. The Serra fight changed GSP forever, and unfortunately not for the better (for fans at least). And the reason Diaz gets a title shot is because GSP specifically asked for him. So Dana granted him his wish.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually thought that GSP was a lot more reckless against Conduit than he usually is. And it almost cost him the fight.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you don't immediately recognize this you are a whippersnapper and we get to call you demeaning names like "kid" and "son".

M5YRwhO.gif

ilikefoods

Peasant
If you don't immediately recognize this you are a whippersnapper and we get to call you demeaning names like "kid" and "son".

M5YRwhO.gif
Post fight interview he said he had gotten his ass stomped worse than that and that he spent the next day drinking vodka. You would expect the one getting his head smashed in would be the one with brain damage now.

Will be interesting to see how GSP handles Diaz, after getting KOd by Serra he was hesitant in coming forward and dominated people with his wrestling but Diaz doesn't give a shit about being on the ground and will just unload on him.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider

M5YRwhO.gif
The first time I saw this it was on VHS that I rented from blockbuster, played on a VCR that was also rented from blockbuster.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes it's funny how good MMA technique is made to look foolish by mistake.
Oh fuck....God no....don't Let it happen.

If you just invited a bunch of TMA dorks to come tell us how deadly their techniques are and how they'd dominate MMA if they were allowed I will never forgive you! The first person to seriously mention escrima sticks here gets a 3 day RRP vacation.

Haalen_sl

shitlord
Oh fuck....God no....don't Let it happen.

If you just invited a bunch of TMA dorks to come tell us how deadly their techniques are and how they'd dominate MMA if they were allowed I will never forgive you! The first person to seriously mention escrima sticks here gets a 3 day RRP vacation.
I dare you to honestly tell me that you wouldn't want to see the Diaz brothers annoyingly tap other fighters in the face 50 times a minute with an escrima stick.