MMA Thread

Nutron_sl

shitlord
I'm glad he got KTFO'd. I don't believe the butthurt people saying he "threw" on purpose or didn't wanna fight anymore. He did what he always does and this time someone didn't buy it and caught him. He did the exact same thing in a lot of previous fights but his opponents gased themselves by smelling blood while Weidman kept his composure.

I had money on Weidman cause I was expecting something like this to happen
smile.png
I would even bet on him again for the rematch.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
I also don't think he threw the fight, but I would definitely attribute it more to him not really caring than him being so cocky.

Even though I don't think he threw the fight, the hook that sent him to the ground looked like it barely had anything on it. Obviously there was plenty of sauce on the shots he took while he was on his back though.
You must spread some reputation around before neging the fuck out of Gavinrad again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You people need to get off Weidman's nuts.

*edit*

Although I'll admit that I'm also glad Silva got knocked the fuck out. Clowning the way he does has no place in the cage.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
I also don't think he threw the fight, but I would definitely attribute it more to him not really caring than him being so cocky.

Even though I don't think he threw the fight, the hook that sent him to the ground looked like it barely had anything on it. Obviously there was plenty of sauce on the shots he took while he was on his back though.
Think you need some boxing lessons.

With the way silva was standing while that last hook hit him, he had no way to displace the shot. Weidman caught him right on the jaw, which sent his head spinning from the impact. Not only may he of hit the nerve on the jaw, but he also sent his brain slamming around inside his skull. He had nowhere to go but down.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think you need some boxing lessons.

With the way silva was standing while that last hook hit him, he had no way to displace the shot. Weidman caught him right on the jaw, which sent his head spinning from the impact. Not only may he of hit the nerve on the jaw, but he also sent his brain slamming around inside his skull. He had nowhere to go but down.
I wasn't saying Silva was faking the reaction to that punch, I'm saying Weidman didn't win by outfighting him, he won because Silva was being an idiot. I'm well aware that it doesn't take a haymaker to knock someone out when you place it right on the magic button.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
I wasn't saying Silva was faking the reaction to that punch, I'm saying Weidman didn't win by outfighting him, he won because Silva was being an idiot. I'm well aware that it doesn't take a haymaker to knock someone out when you place it right on the magic button.
I was addressing your statement that his shot was barely anything. It wasn't. I agree that Silva's showboating lost him that fight. That wasn't even Ali'esque in style, because Ali used good technique in his evasiveness, while Silva was doing retarded juking that put him in bad positions.

4oz gloves, and where his chin was, there wasn't much on the punch.

Thing with the rematch is now Weidman knows he can hurt him but I hope he seriously doesn't try to think he can stand with Silva if Silva isn't clowning. The speed difference is incredible, he made Weidman look pedestrian.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
4oz gloves, and where his chin was, there wasn't much on the punch.

Thing with the rematch is now Weidman knows he can hurt him but I hope he seriously doesn't try to think he can stand with Silva if Silva isn't clowning. The speed difference is incredible, he made Weidman look pedestrian.
Yet still got pasted.

Silva has the speed advantage over pretty much any opponent, so that argument is kind of retarded.

Weidman isnt a speed demon or anything, but he apparently had what it took to get the job done regardless. I actually think Silva's aura is severly tarnished and his next opponent is going to try and test that chin again.

Yet still got pasted.

Silva has the speed advantage over pretty much any opponent, so that argument is kind of retarded.

Weidman isnt a speed demon or anything, but he apparently had what it took to get the job done regardless. I actually think Silva's aura is severly tarnished and his next opponent is going to try and test that chin again.
It wasn't an argument, it was just a statement.

Silva was clowning when he got caught, the victory will always be tainted. Who doesn't try to hit the other person? The point of a fight is to not let the other person hit you. Silva lazily got tagged with 2 little shots before the knockout too. He was in a horrible position to absorb the shot and got dropped, it is what it is.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last time he danced and fucked about THAT much was Maia, and Weidman ain't no Maia. Silva didn't want to lose, and it wasn't that he didn't care, he just had no respect for the guy and paid for it. You could see at times where he had a chance to really attack and didn't do it, he wanted to put on a show. Got what he deserved.

I thought the same shit after Penn/Edgar I, turns out people just go down hill fast. Who knows, maybe Silva will still be a beast or he'll go down like Penn and Fedor.
Yeah it's generally not a gradual process when age catches up to a fighter.

If any of you watched the Silva documentaryLike Water, you could believe he'll make sure and only fight in Brazil for a while. The whole being away from his family thing genuinely does seem to bug him.

I love Tim Boetsch, but Munoz looked absolutely great after the first round. Between his mom dying and him being adepressed fatassI had no faith he'd show up ready to rock.

Cub Swanson finish of Siver was outstanding. So GD fast and accurate.

AND NOW FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of theUFC Poster Curse. No one knows where this poster came from, but someone noticed in 2010 that all the champs on it were losing. In order from left to right. Guess who was 4th...

iwwCWCc.jpg

Shit is real.

And if you cockwallets want gifs go get them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments...ll_event_gifs/

Dude does the gifs for every MMA event in the world basically. I post them constantly. You know where to go. I even showed Adam12 where to go in advance to post them since I wasn't watching live. It's his fault no live gifs, give Tuco negs for this injustice.

And finally, here's a Vine right after the KO where you can see Weidman pretty clearly call's Silva "That disrespectful piece of shit"

https://twitter.com/GamblingFury/sta...28521959227393

edit: Oh, and I updated Tuco's avatar for him since he's probably busy building glory holes in Minecraft or some shit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So mad at Anderson. That showboating son of a bitch ruined what could have been a perfect career in the UFC.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So mad at Anderson. That showboating son of a bitch ruined what could have been a perfect career in the UFC.
Dude thinks he's the Ali of MMA. It was bound to happen especially at 38. Randy never did that stupid shit. He'll be champ again if Dana has his way. Wiedman won't last past the first 90 seconds in the rematch.