MMA Thread

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can’t wait for Paul’s next fight against Ric Flair 🙄. This idiot needs to face an actual boxer already.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Typical Woodly. Too scared to actually engage. He better get that I love jake paul tattoo on his ass for being a pussy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Typical Woodly. Too scared to actually engage. He better get that I love jake paul tattoo on his ass for being a pussy.
woodly was making the same face like when usman was cage fucking him, the

"yea i'm done i don't want to be here"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1630299262842.png

• 1Worf

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why does anyone care again about a guy who is legit boxing training beating up wrestlers and former NBA players? Any real boxers would dismantle him, which is why he's only challenging "famous" people.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Glad, I didn't pay for that shit. What a terrible fight.

I don't think Showtime Boxing can justify another card at this time.

The main event lacked boxing. Management at Showtime is going to push back.

Jake didn't look improved, he looked green. Not good. Execs will give him an ultimatum to start training and meet certain camp standards or get the fuck off Showtime PPV. You bet your ass he's going to hear it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why does anyone care again about a guy who is legit boxing training beating up wrestlers and former NBA players? Any real boxers would dismantle him, which is why he's only challenging "famous" people.

It was fine with everyone as long as there was progress. As of tonight it was all made glaringly obvious he needs serious gym time, and I can't see Showtime honoring all of the fights on this new contract.

This was not a good start after signing the ink with Showtime.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can’t wait for Paul’s next fight against Ric Flair 🙄. This idiot needs to face an actual boxer already.

That's not going to happen. Showtime might just cut his contract.

Check the haymakers from RD5+ on, ridiculous bar fighting from Jake. Showtime can't stake their brand on those type of technicals.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
phil rogers is either blind corrupt or both
I actually agree with Rogers, that's how I scored it. Could flip 4/5/6 though as they were close enough. I haven't gone back to watch it again though. Announcers qualified that judges were "inexperienced" enough times that I suspect Paul would have won this fight no matter what happened so long as he was left standing. Gotta milk him for all he's worth.

I do think that Jake's stock went up here. He fought a full 8 rounds, sure he was gassed but he didn't fold and that was always a question with this kid, does he have the stomach for a hard fight? He's still a Youtuber and not great by any means, but he answered some real questions and I suspect his next fight will be a lot bigger as a result. Nobody cares about technicals except the purists, its all about cult of personality and Jake has that in spades.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I actually agree with Rogers, that's how I scored it. Could flip 4/5/6 though as they were close enough. I haven't gone back to watch it again though. Announcers qualified that judges were "inexperienced" enough times that I suspect Paul would have won this fight no matter what happened so long as he was left standing. Gotta milk him for all he's worth.

I do think that Jake's stock went up here. He fought a full 8 rounds, sure he was gassed but he didn't fold and that was always a question with this kid, does he have the stomach for a hard fight? He's still a Youtuber and not great by any means, but he answered some real questions and I suspect his next fight will be a lot bigger as a result. Nobody cares about technicals except the purists, its all about cult of personality and Jake has that in spades.
woodly had 3 rounds where he was aggressive, and that was like 1 or 2, 10s bursts of aggression

otherwise 90% of the time paul had control of the ring, cut the ring a few times when he had to and circled around leading woodly by the leash, there wasn't much action but when there was it was initated by paul and he had good basic defense.

look, this was a shit match, but there is no way woodley won that match, especially if you've watched woodleys most recent fights and his 1000 yard stare, he wasn't in there to win, he was just collecting a paycheck

by sheer experience alone woodley should have won that fight, jake cannot take a punch, jake circles left and only has his right arm up protecting him

woodley had 24minutes to just throw bombs and that would have been the end of it jake would have circled into it or got caught with a simple 1,2 cuz he only has his right to protect against the jab...

but woodley doesn't want to throw, he just stood there and inch'd forward

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
6 jabs per round in a boxing match...

Edit: He probably made $20,000 per jab, so maybe he was just trying to optimize?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just got around to watching Saturday's Fight Night.

I'm really starting to become a huge fan of Giga. As someone who used to be heavily involved in Karate in my teens, I love fighters that heavily use kicks.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
doesnt matter if its about the cult of personality or not. he can do that on his own YT PPV network or his own promotion.

Showtime can't be in that business. you have to be able to box

6 jabs a round is indefensible for a boxing card

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
doesnt matter if its about the cult of personality or not. he can do that on his own YT PPV network or his own promotion.

Showtime can't be in that business. you have to be able to box

6 jabs a round is indefensible for a boxing card
boxing? they had ariel hawani commentating, almost as bad as having snoop

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Snoop is WAY worse.

He almost makes me want to turn it off.

Jake Paul is not it. He is a real...ATHLETE, and has shown he can be a fighter. But he isnt a boxer. He is basically an ammeter making S tier bank....which is kind of brilliant. But not brilliant for the fans. He should fight that Fury guy on the under card, he would probably get crushed.