MMA Thread

Goatface

going to be out and miss tonight. if not i would be already getting amped up. really want Yan to crush aljamain.
just hope the other 2 are entertaining, just for the chaos pulling for burns and zombie......predictions sure to go wrong™.....

1649524220388.png

=
i was looking up Joanna's rank before she got removed, and don't think i ever used this site before
goes all the way back to 2013.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the odds on this fight are ridiculous. #2 fighter is a heavy underdog against an up and coming #11?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
the odds on this fight are ridiculous. #2 fighter is a heavy underdog against an up and coming #11?
Even beyond the ridiculous hype, there is a lot of reason for that. We can see it now, Khamzat is huge versus Gilbert and he hits hard and has phenomenal wrestling. In theory, he has the skills to match Gil and definitely the height/reach.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In theory, he has the skills to match Gil and definitely the height/reach.
Yeah but he gassed at the same time Burns did, just didn't show it quite as obviously. I could honestly see calling that a 28-28 draw.

Anybody got a good stream for this? My usual one crapped in and out during the last round.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Khamzat is not the immortal he was up until this fight, but he is absolutely for real. Good power, way better striking than his contemporary power wrestler (Khabib), ludicrously strong and obviously phenomenal grappling. And now we learned he won't gas in 15 even after getting hit really hard. Also his chin holds up. I agree with Dana, have him fight Colby.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
He was definitely gassed or he would have finished him.
He still had something left in the tank. Was he tired and a bit rocked? Absolutely. I just call gassed at: heavyweight we are leaning on each other on the fence and throw half assed short shots. He was still throwing heat and not just winging hooks, he was still using his kicks, his jab and a pretty nice uppercut.

I like that we were able to see more of his game than a single punch KO, or overpowering wrestling ragdoll. I am being a bit soft on his cardio though, due to what was probably a huge adrenaline dump, as Gil was clearly the first fighter to ever test him at all.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
btw I didn't actually see what the decision was, I assume they gave it to Chimaev even though round 3 looked like a draw to me.

*edit*

lol I love the announcer going 'The wildly popular Russian, Petr Yan' as he comes out to a thunderous chorus of boos.