MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
glory doesn't even usa usada or wada, they use some other in house guys, how they catch uberreem?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
glory doesn't even usa usada or wada, they use some other in house guys, how they catch uberreem?

Politics. Pretty clear Hari is settled down with a woman now and has matured a lot. He wanted nothing to do with a dope contest. All that stuff is behind him.

Rico is probably all natural, so it just made sense to bring back testing just for Overeem-- since Hari and Rico likely wanted nothing to do at this point with who can dope harder contest. They went to Glory and just had it written into the contract. Test was conducted privately.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still can't tell if Ngannou is a sympathetic story or just the biggest dumbass in MMA. He is 36 now and already blew passed his prime earning years by dicking around with Dana and not fighting. You'd think someone that worked in actual salt mines would have seen the value in making hay while the sun was shining.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Has to be the biggest nimrod in MMA history. He could have taken good money even 2 years ago before all this recent disingenuous stuff he's done with his latest negotiation.

Not sure if you noticed, but he trains out of Xtreme Couture with Randy now.

Dana told him 2 years ago to go ask Randy how things went. Well, this fucking horses ass actually goes and asks Randy and trained at his gym.

He took the suggestion to go talk to Randy seriously. LOL.

Can't make this shit up. That's a closed door on a UFC return.

Goatface

another early start

UFC 286

Main Card (ESPN+ PPV at 5 p.m. ET)

Leon Edwards (170) vs. Kamaru Usman (170)
Justin Gaethje (156) vs. Rafael Fiziev (156)
Gunnar Nelson (170) vs. Bryan Barberena (171)
Jennifer Maia (126) vs. Casey O’Neill (125)
Marvin Vettori (185.5) vs. Roman Dolidze (186)

Preliminary Card (ESPNews / ESPN+ at 3 p.m. ET)

Jack Shore (146) vs. Makwan Amirkhani (146)
Chris Duncan (156) vs. Omar Morales (156)
Sam Patterson (155.5) vs. Yanal Ashmoz (155)
Muhammad Mokaev (126) vs. Jafel Filho (125.5)

Preliminary Card (ESPN+ / UFC Fight Pass at 1 p.m. ET)

Lerone Murphy (145.5) vs. Gabriel Santos (145.5)
Christian Leroy Duncan (185.5) vs. Dusko Todorovic (186)
Malcolm Gordon (129.5)* vs. Jake Hadley (126)
Joanne Wood (126) vs. Luana Carolina (126)
Jai Herbert (156) vs. Ludovit Klein (156)
Juliana Miller (125.5) vs. Veronica Hardy (125.5)

Backup for main event: Colby Covington (170)

*Gordon missed weight. His bout with Jake Hadley will proceed as a catchweight with Gordon forfeiting 30 percent of his purse as penalty

===
more conor drama

followed by

conor deleted these tweets
1679060429648.png

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I doubt he will be able to pull that off again, and him winning a decision is very unlikely. Usman should be the favorite here.

I do hope he does it again though. Its just gonna be tough to pull the same trick on a guy of Usman's caliber.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why exactly, but I just don't like Usman. He bugs me for some reason and I can't really put my finger on any specific thing he has said or done. I know he is the elite of the elite and I respect his fighting skills, but for some unknown reason I always find myself rooting against him.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I didn't like Usman at all when I first saw him. He's come a long ways from Snoozman though. Give the guy some credit....he's put a lot of work into his stand up and being an entertainer.

I think he's a good balance between cocky and humble, too. I like the guy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
lol at Gaethje pulling that punch at the end of the 2nd. Also, Fiziev looks like the dude from Vikings.