MMA Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Prochazka and Alex should be fantastic. I like the Aspinall and Pavlovich addition.

Card should still be solid. Jones was going to destroy Stipe anyways.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1698272679370.png

thought sergei would be the fav

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
That's a long layoff for someone who really hasn't been injured before. He'll definitely have his hands full with Sergei, Tom, or Stipe when he returns.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Will Stipe get compensation for all of his training camp fees and what not?
i think the only ppl that don't fight and get paid are the backups, otherwise if youre not in the ring, you don't get paid, even if you made it to the weigh ins, made weight, and the other guy is a tubby and fight is canceled, you don't get show money, show money is when you step in the ring.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
even if you made it to the weigh ins, made weight, and the other guy is a tubby and fight is canceled, you don't get show money, show money is when you step in the ring.
They dont cancel the fight, the overweight guy just forfeits their purse.

I wouldnt be surprised if the big named fighters have something written into their contract where they get a few bucks if the fight is cancelled because opponent gets dropped from the fight.

Goatface

while won't apply to stipe
think only thing they can get is incentive money for doing all the shit during fight week.
Fighters with 1-3 professional bouts under the UFC/Zuffa banner will receive $4,000, 4-5 fights pay out $4,500, 6-10 bouts pay out $6,000, 11-15 pay out $11,000, 16-20 pay out $16,000 and 21 fights or more pays out $21,000. Meanwhile, title challengers are paid $32,000 and champions are paid $42,000.
looked at a bunch of articles talking about wonderboy/291, he was entitled to $16k, and none saying anything about not getting it, just no show money.
dana being a shithead, said they would work it out with wonderboy, then said he they would look into covering his camp, but then said nobody that shows up and refuses to fight gets paid. last thing i saw was wonderboy saying he hoped ufc would make it up to him next fight.

=

fight is canceled when a fighter doesn't make weight and they have to sign a new contract in order to still fight.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

I wouldnt be surprised if the big named fighters have something written into their contract where they get a few bucks if the fight is cancelled because opponent gets dropped from the fight.
wonderboy didn't get paid for that last fight the dude was tubby and cancelled

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Essentially, USADA said that the UFC wanted a special 6 month testing period exemption for Conor. USADA implies that the UFC lacks the proper integrity to perform as an honest company/promotion. Dana White and the UFC are now engaging in a campaign to file a lawsuit against USADA suggesting that the press release and parting of ways is a slanderous tactic. Libel. Whatever it is. Lots of other words were said. Conor was using a banned substance to heal, and rather than having to piss clean. UFC wanted to show he stopped using instead of being clean it appears.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
UFC stance is Conor was allowed to take banned substances to heal from horrific injuries, as long as he tests clean that's all that matters.

UFC executive Hunter went as far as calling USADA's drug enforcement policy "unethical". Said he's seen a lot of "unethical" things in closed door hearings this year.

That's pretty much the basis for the beef. UFC is trying to spin it as a mutual separation-- that's just PR. Conor stirred up a lot of anti-USADA sentiment among UFC executives and they started to find reasons besides Conor to not renew the partnership.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Conor was using a banned substance to heal, and rather than having to piss clean. UFC wanted to show he stopped using instead of being clean it appears.
i'm sure everyone here thinks that, wouldn't even fault him

however usada said it out loud and
denzel-washington-its-not-what-you-know.gif

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Yeah it should be noted even under USADA's own policy Conor would not be flagged for any banned substance as long as he admitted to it and put it on the paperwork and it was something he did in the past, and isn't currently doing in the present.

It was never about whether Conor will piss hot because of things he did the last 2 years. You get a pass for that, as long as you admit it on your disclosure forms and go through the 6 month testing process.

McGregor remains a clean athlete to this day. This was all about USADA forcing the 6 months.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm

Ok you’re stupid as shit. Due to his medical needs, he took a medication that is banned by USADA by performing athletes. That’s why he left the pool. Now that he wants to compete, he needs 6 months of testing and at least 2 clean tests to be allowed to compete. Read between those lines. Conor couldn’t piss clean soon enough for a 2023 return with 6 months of testing. UFC wanted that exemption for his attraction levels of generating money. Fucking retard.