MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok you’re stupid as shit. Due to his medical needs, he took a medication that is banned by USADA by performing athletes. That’s why he left the pool. Now that he wants to compete, he needs 6 months of testing and at least 2 clean tests to be allowed to compete. Read between those lines. Conor couldn’t piss clean soon enough for a 2023 return with 6 months of testing. UFC wanted that exemption for his attraction levels of generating money. Fucking retard.
i don't think youre reading properly, get a magnifying glass

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Dude snapped his leg in half. I don't care if he was roided to the guilds. As long as he pisses clean go for it.

UFC were working out the deal with USDA, but the other program that does the NFL, NBA etc were bidding for them as well. It seems they dont blood test people on the way to the fucking ring like USDA does so UFC decided to part ways.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm confused, which one of you is arguing that Connor was only taking roids to "heal from muh injureez"?
everyone knows connor did all the drugs to heal

but thats not usada's job to "speculate" and go detective on him, their only job is to take piss and report the results, much less put out a statement

navitsky is just trying to relive his old days where he got famous trying to find syringes in lances garbage

H.A. Monkey H.A. Monkey just can't read gud

on another note

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Can someone give me the TLDR on the USADA drama? What did they do that was so dirty?

I think the straw that broke the camel's back, was that USADA kept pushing back on the 6mo rule with Conor, even though UFC could technically have given him an exemption. It creates an optics issue because with USADA saying multiple times in 2023 that regardless of what the UFC decides, that they still thought Conor should do 6mo...if the UFC were to say "fuck it" and give Conor the exemption, it'd make the UFC look like they were dirty and just doing it for the money.

So why even have the 6mo exemption in place if USADA was going to push back against it every time it came up? It'd be like USADA saying "You can have your fighter in less than 6mo, but we don't agree and it's all on you. So you can go explain to the world why you don't want to listen to the company you hired for your drug testing". It's almost like you're dealing with a passive aggressive girlfriend, or something.

Then there was debate over whether there was an "Approved Medical Basis" for some of the stuff Conor was using to recover, and what actually qualified as "exceptional circumstances" in regards to the exemption. Then on top of that the argument over whether it would even be an issue if it was declared upon Conor's return to the testing pool, in the case he then pissed hot. We argued this to hell and back in this thread months ago, and my guess is that was never ironed out between USADA and UFC either.

This whole thing would probably have pissed me off, too. After all of the pulsing and picogram bullshit, one has to ask if USADA did more harm than good, considering the drama they've had around JJ and Conor. And I'm sure that's what the UFC was discussing in private.

The most recent 'dirty' thing, I guess, was Tygart being pretty unprofessional (IMHO) and taking swipes at the UFC in the public statement he released, just 2 days after they had met with the UFC and the UFC had informed them that they'd be going with another company in the future. There's several points in USADA's press release where I actually laughed at how...petty...it came across.

Back in March, Conor went on Ariel's show and when Ariel asked him about the timeframe for returning in 2023, especially in regards to USADA, Conor basically said that as far as he understood it was 2 clean tests and then he could fight.

Then 2 days after that, UDASA releases a statement in response to Conor's comments in that interview. They again put the onus on the UFC and push back stating that an exemption wouldn't be fair, and then Conor responds and says that USADA is finished.

I think even here you see USADA say that it's up to the UFC to hand out an exemption, but then immediately state that they don't think it should apply in Conor's case.

My guess is that the UFC had been discussing replacing USADA for a while now, possibly going back to JJ. And I imagine that Dana had probably discussed some of this with Conor when trying to sort out Conor's return. So when Conor made these statements, I doubt that he was completely in the dark about which way the UFC was leaning at the time. USADA has been straining the relationship with the UFC for years and this 2023 bullshit finally forced the issue (IMHO)

Conor's tweets have since been deleted so I had to go back and find screenshots.

1698500513344.png

1698500206835.png

i don't think youre reading properly, get a magnifying glass

What, so then you're both squinting?

JK, LOL!

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

Novitzky.png

don't know when this was sent out, but article is from 2 days ago
=

this is from sept 28, but don't remember seeing it.

=
UFC commentator Daniel Cormier campaigned for Conor McGregor to get a shot at the lightweight champ.

“It’s the biggest money fight the UFC can make and why not?” Cormier stated (transcript via MMA Fighting). “You have Islam Makhachev, who looks to be a guy who’s going to be a dominant champion. In order to have that dominant champion go to the next level of superstardom, you need a foil. You need a guy that can elevate him. The guy that can elevate him to that level is Conor McGregor.”

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fury literally looks like an egg with legs with the way he's built.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think the straw that broke the camel's back, was that USADA kept pushing back on the 6mo rule with Conor, even though UFC could technically have given him an exemption. It creates an optics issue because with USADA saying multiple times in 2023 that regardless of what the UFC decides, that they still thought Conor should do 6mo...if the UFC were to say "fuck it" and give Conor the exemption, it'd make the UFC look like they were dirty and just doing it for the money.

So why even have the 6mo exemption in place if USADA was going to push back against it every time it came up? It'd be like USADA saying "You can have your fighter in less than 6mo, but we don't agree and it's all on you. So you can go explain to the world why you don't want to listen to the company you hired for your drug testing". It's almost like you're dealing with a passive aggressive girlfriend, or something.

Then there was debate over whether there was an "Approved Medical Basis" for some of the stuff Conor was using to recover, and what actually qualified as "exceptional circumstances" in regards to the exemption. Then on top of that the argument over whether it would even be an issue if it was declared upon Conor's return to the testing pool, in the case he then pissed hot. We argued this to hell and back in this thread months ago, and my guess is that was never ironed out between USADA and UFC either.

This whole thing would probably have pissed me off, too. After all of the pulsing and picogram bullshit, one has to ask if USADA did more harm than good, considering the drama they've had around JJ and Conor. And I'm sure that's what the UFC was discussing in private.

The most recent 'dirty' thing, I guess, was Tygart being pretty unprofessional (IMHO) and taking swipes at the UFC in the public statement he released, just 2 days after they had met with the UFC and the UFC had informed them that they'd be going with another company in the future. There's several points in USADA's press release where I actually laughed at how...petty...it came across.

Back in March, Conor went on Ariel's show and when Ariel asked him about the timeframe for returning in 2023, especially in regards to USADA, Conor basically said that as far as he understood it was 2 clean tests and then he could fight.

Then 2 days after that, UDASA releases a statement in response to Conor's comments in that interview. They again put the onus on the UFC and push back stating that an exemption wouldn't be fair, and then Conor responds and says that USADA is finished.

I think even here you see USADA say that it's up to the UFC to hand out an exemption, but then immediately state that they don't think it should apply in Conor's case.

My guess is that the UFC had been discussing replacing USADA for a while now, possibly going back to JJ. And I imagine that Dana had probably discussed some of this with Conor when trying to sort out Conor's return. So when Conor made these statements, I doubt that he was completely in the dark about which way the UFC was leaning at the time. USADA has been straining the relationship with the UFC for years and this 2023 bullshit finally forced the issue (IMHO)

Conor's tweets have since been deleted so I had to go back and find screenshots.

View attachment 497631

View attachment 497628

What, so then you're both squinting?

JK, LOL!
Thanks Dude, great synopsis!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Robbery or not, Francis is gonna get paid much more than he would have made in the UFC, so good on him for doing so well and not getting clowned.

UFC really doesn't need help looking dirty though.

giphy.gif

UFC just really doesn't need USADA's help with making things worse, LOL.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
These fights are sort of a no-win situation for the pro, if he comes out and humiliates Ngannou right away then he becomes the jackass who derailed the gravy train for everybody. If he lets it go the distance people start coming up with nonsense about the pro losing the fight. Ngannou undoubtedly took his training a lot more seriously than McGregor and Fury is not even close to the level of Mayweather, nor are junior middleweight fights anything like heavyweights. Lacking Mayweather's option to put McGregor down any time he wanted, the decision to take it easy pretty much ruled out any chance of Fury getting a finish.

• 1Like

Goatface

1698794935647.png

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A UFC fighter was arrested in Harris County for allegedly driving almost three times the posted speed limit.

Derrick Lewis, 38, was charged Wednesday with reckless driving, a misdemeanor charge.
Court records say Lewis, who claims Houston as his hometown, was driving 136 mph in a 50 mph zone on FM 2100 in a red Lamborghini. He allegedly passed a member of law enforcement while weaving in and out of traffic and making unsafe lane changes.
He was given a $100 personal recognizance bond and released from custody the same day as his arrest.
Lewis, whose nickname is "The Black Beast," is the all-time leader for knockouts in UFC heavyweight history, according to ESPN.
He is scheduled as the main event fight against Jailton Almeida on Saturday night in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Lewis' next court date is scheduled for Dec. 27

• 1Mother of God