MMA Thread

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It's like two Chihuahuas going at it. Neither one doing enough damage to end it, yet always giving the illusion of ending it "soon."

It's like edging for five rounds with no money shot.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, Colby just looking slow and not aggressive at all. I'm guessing 2 years off has affected him, cause this is not at all what I was expecting from him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
"how about sean strickland, who is a psychopath, having the wherewithal telling the kids to move, before he attacks dricus du plessis"

- points for thinking, + points for popularity.

good on cody for winning, he's still a low fight IQ banger but fuck it, i love him.

tony will die in the cage. it's what he would have wanted. to be fair, paddy looked a LOT bigger. those cheeseburgers paid off.

midget weight, those spins and scramables from pantoja are like watching hamsters fight. cute little fluffies that could run up your leg like lightning and ruin your whole fucking day.

colby, and many other almost rans, really need to realise that this is your shot, you can't moms spaghetti it, its death or glory. especially after all the shittalk and all the time off. don't see him getting another shot, especially at his age.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
tony will die in the cage. it's what he would have wanted. to be fair, paddy looked a LOT bigger. those cheeseburgers paid off.
idk about that b/c tony made history tonight
b4866f27874279e87a5184a48c4b704c.png

yup, he tied bj penns record for most losses in a row
518ed7431b2ceb05cd95393ff824ecd8.png

everyone has seen how slow tferg has gotten since that life changing fight w/ gaethje

he's really gotta hang it up

special shout out to cowboy for 6losses and 1nc in a row too

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tferg is a needle mover. The entire crowd was behind him the entire week-- they don't care what streak he's on.

DC and Florian called for Tferg to get benched a long time ago. That hasn't happened yet, and there is a reason for that.

The UFC business still needs him or they're afraid of what he does if left idle like Arlovski.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
tony will be fighting on the regional circuit at 55 if he hasn't succumbed to CTE by then. and damn, travis fulton, fucker is hero of the colosseum.

1702820320424.png

Goatface

Tferg is a needle mover. The entire crowd was behind him the entire week-- they don't care what streak he's on.

DC and Florian called for Tferg to get benched a long time ago. That hasn't happened yet, and there is a reason for that.

The UFC business still needs him or they're afraid of what he does if left idle like Arlovski.

seems like it would be better for ufc to book him easier fights.

idk about that b/c tony made history tonight
yup, he tied bj penns record for most losses in a row

bj still has longest winless streak with the draw.

can not find it, but remember hearing tony had signed a new deal for 7 fights after the justin fight

Goatface

Feb 17th, #UFC298
Whittaker vs Costa
Neal vs Ian Garry

Feb 24th, #UFCMexico
Moreno vs Albazi
Ortega vs Yair 5 round co main

March 30th, #UFCAtlanticCity
Blanchfield vs Fiorot

April 13th, #UFC300
Jiri vs Rakic
Aljo vs Kattar
Nickal vs Brundage

aljamain #1 ranked BW, moving up to to FW, get #7 kattar 1-4 in last five, 3-3 in 2020's

#2 yair v #3 ortega
1703253924552.png

gak

<Gold Donor>
t.jpg

Colby Covington claims biased judges cost him title at UFC 296: 'They hate me because I support Trump'

New Excuse Dropped:

UFC fighter Colby Covington pointed fingers at the judges' alleged political bias for his unanimous decision loss against Leon Edwards at UFC 296 as former President Donald Trump looked on while in attendance.

During the post-fight press conference on Sunday, Covington claimed that the judges have "never favored" him because of his allegiance to Trump.

"They hate me because I support Trump," he alleged.

Covington told "Jesse Watters Primetime" on Wednesday that he believes judges "stacked the deck against us" because of his political stance - which he claims robbed him of victory in the title fight.

"If it's in a judging position, in a fight or any type of athletic sporting event, they're going to stack the deck against us, so it's a sad time in our country, but we the people need to rise up, and we can't let this keep us down," he said.

Covington has since received criticism for attributing his loss to the alleged political bias of judges.

Watters told Covington that it looks like he had "won on paper" with more total strikes and the same amount to the head. Covington added that he also had five minutes more control time.

Covington further explained that he broke his foot in the first 30 seconds of the fight when the first kick he threw was blocked by Edwards’ elbow.

The UFC welterweight adamantly told Watters that he wants a rematch against Leon Edwards.

"I deserve it," said Covington. "You know, I think I broke my foot in the first 30 seconds of the fight, kicking it on his elbow, so I want a rematch with this guy. I'm going to come back stronger. I'm just like the American people. You know, we never give up, you can knock us down, but we just learn. We don't lose, we only learn. We come back stronger," he said.

ao.jpg

Is there anyone in the UFC more annoying than Colby ?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Feb 17th, #UFC298
Whittaker vs Costa
Neal vs Ian Garry

Feb 24th, #UFCMexico
Moreno vs Albazi
Ortega vs Yair 5 round co main

March 30th, #UFCAtlanticCity
Blanchfield vs Fiorot

April 13th, #UFC300
Jiri vs Rakic
Aljo vs Kattar
Nickal vs Brundage

aljamain #1 ranked BW, moving up to to FW, get #7 kattar 1-4 in last five, 3-3 in 2020's

#2 yair v #3 ortega
View attachment 505334
The Yair/Ortega rematch should be awesome. Other than that, those are some shitty cards upcoming.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
View attachment 505525
Colby Covington claims biased judges cost him title at UFC 296: 'They hate me because I support Trump'

New Excuse Dropped:

UFC fighter Colby Covington pointed fingers at the judges' alleged political bias for his unanimous decision loss against Leon Edwards at UFC 296 as former President Donald Trump looked on while in attendance.

During the post-fight press conference on Sunday, Covington claimed that the judges have "never favored" him because of his allegiance to Trump.

"They hate me because I support Trump," he alleged.

Covington told "Jesse Watters Primetime" on Wednesday that he believes judges "stacked the deck against us" because of his political stance - which he claims robbed him of victory in the title fight.

"If it's in a judging position, in a fight or any type of athletic sporting event, they're going to stack the deck against us, so it's a sad time in our country, but we the people need to rise up, and we can't let this keep us down," he said.

Covington has since received criticism for attributing his loss to the alleged political bias of judges.

Watters told Covington that it looks like he had "won on paper" with more total strikes and the same amount to the head. Covington added that he also had five minutes more control time.

Covington further explained that he broke his foot in the first 30 seconds of the fight when the first kick he threw was blocked by Edwards’ elbow.

The UFC welterweight adamantly told Watters that he wants a rematch against Leon Edwards.

"I deserve it," said Covington. "You know, I think I broke my foot in the first 30 seconds of the fight, kicking it on his elbow, so I want a rematch with this guy. I'm going to come back stronger. I'm just like the American people. You know, we never give up, you can knock us down, but we just learn. We don't lose, we only learn. We come back stronger," he said.

View attachment 505527

Is there anyone in the UFC more annoying than Colby ?
Izzy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

saw this on reddit, couldn't find the post
1703558715502.png

clay is currently 18-18 in ufc, he is tied with jeremy stephens (16-18), followed by jim miller (26-16)
full records
clay 38-24
jim miller 36-17
jeremy stephens 29-21