MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking Nunes/Randamie fight was not on the GD list last night when I made my picks. Horseshit.

edit: Holy shit, Bobby Greene's accuracy on dickkicks is world class.

Also, anyone notice him using the shoulder roll? Dude's got a serious boxing coach in his camp somewhere, youneversee that in MMA.

Krause sure recovered fast when Big John said he lost.

Fedor

<Banned>
820101375.gif

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuck Dagestan, that shit was nasty.
Did you see the look on Masvidal's face after that kick landed? He didn't even look rocked he had a total "what the fuck!?" expression.

Also I just want to remind people of the second best MMA quote of all time, from Rustam Khabilov after the Pinchel suplexathon.

"My job is to throw him , how he lands is his business"

Also also, I've said this before but every time I watch Masvidal fight I feel like he should be a top-5 guy. Physically he's a specimen, technically he's right there with the best in the game. He just can't seem to really put it all together.

edit: Brunson finish, basically the whole fight.

1.gif

And the gorgeous uppercut on Yves

1.gif

As usual I'll link ZP's full gif collection after the event.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Damn I am really liking Yoel Romero, dude won't be challenging for the title, but god he has some ferocious power and is just beastly strong.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Did Alexis Davis used to be really fat or something? Her mid section is super flabby, sorta like someone who lost a bunch of weight but never toned up.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damned they were=P I did not do well, even aside from the phantom vagfight that was not on there yesterday.

Kennedy has decent technique, I know it's been ages since he knocked anyone out but you combine that with a guy who leaves himself open and the environment he was fighting in and it's not as big a shocker as it seems. Sort of like picking Brazilians to finish on the Brazil cards.

SPEAKING OF: Event Saturday in Brazil, make picks accordingly.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I really, really hope Henderson is somehow able to KO Belfort. The whole TRT thing just really rubs me the wrong way with that guy, and I want to see him humbled. However, Belfort has been on such a tear that it is hard to pick against him. Could he be the first one to KO/TKO Hendo?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Belfort wins I imagine it will be decision. I was just agonizing over that pick myself, ended up going with Hendo by KO in the 2nd but that's really not based on logic=P

Also there's a dude fighting named SantiagoPonzinibbio, I'm picking him just because of that name.

Brandon Thatch is fighting. He was very hyped up coming in to his first UFC fight and did not disappoint.

1.gif

I'm really eager to see if he can keep it up. He's all aggression and finishing, love those guys.highlights.

Other than that picking almost all Brazilians=P

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Belfort KO Hendo. So I think Hendo is going to weather the early storm, and Belfort will gas in the later rounds leading to a Hendo KO. At least that is what I am hoping for. So going with Hendo by KO in the 3rd or 4th.

But yeah other than that, it is in Brazil so I am picking mostly Brazilians as well

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really, really hope Henderson is somehow able to KO Belfort. The whole TRT thing just really rubs me the wrong way with that guy, and I want to see him humbled. However, Belfort has been on such a tear that it is hard to pick against him. Could he be the first one to KO/TKO Hendo?
What whole TRT thing? Don't Hendo and Belfort both rely on a lot of TRT?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Belfort can't get a TRT exemption in the states because he has been busted for steroid use in his past. So the thought is he "requires" TRT because his past steroid use has now caused him to have low levels of testosterone. When he fights in Brazil he gets a pass because they will give him the exemption, but if he fought in the states he wouldn't have that exemption. Maybe I am just hating on Belfort, but I have a suspicion that he fights well outside of the acceptable levels, but gets a pass since he is in Brazil. I have no proof of that other than the fact that he has turned into an absolute monster over the past few years.

I actually had forgot about Hendo using TRT as well, and just read an article stating how they both received exemptions for this fight. Maybe I just need to get over it and realize TRT should be embraced instead of vilified.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I don't really care about any of the TRT shit really. In my book, whoever wins on Saturday will be the TRT Champ. If you have been to a professional sporting event and know how much it costs to buy a hot dog or a beer then you really shouldn't care. If I'm paying that kind of money at baseball games per se I WANT to see someone hit 600 ft. homeruns. Same rule applies to MMA. Most of the dudes juicing end up getting their brakes beat off anyways.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's fine to be against TRT, but I think Hendo and Vitor carpool to the same TRT warehouse, lol.