MMA Thread

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Hendricks by KO round two, taking 1 month avatar bets that Hendricks gets the KO, any takers?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That is a tempting bet. Hendricks is good, there is no doubt about it, but I think the hype of him KO'ing Kampann and Fitch has built up expectations too high for him. I mean he couldn't KO a far inferior striker in Kos and Pierce, and only took split decisions against them. I also forgot about his loss to Rick Story, who I think was able to wrestle rape him if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I will take that bet

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else? Anyone can take part and colab on my ava choice but I get pick more then one if I win.

Come on lets make this fight interesting!!!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, I would like someone else to hop on the bet with me as I fear I will pick a terrible avatar once I win the bet. I am terribly uncreative, unfortunately.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently Rony Jason broke his hand punching a wall after getting KTFO'd and is now going to the hospital, lololol.
FguGvqn.jpg

Turns out it was just a cut on his elbow, but he's getting punishment for it.

Rony Jason suspended for unsportsmanlike conduct following UFN 32 - MMA Fighting

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Big fight this weekend! Anyone think Hendricks can pull the upset on GSP?
It won't really be an upset if Hendricks wins. He's at +200 on bovada. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest payout for any challenger to GSP's title. You'd probably have to go back to his fights with Matt Hughes to find odds less in his favor.

In comparison Weidman is +110, Tate is +550 and Glover is +450.

GSP is slightly favored to win but there's big questions about his health and whether he still wants to do this shit anymore.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just because he isn't a huge underdog and there has been a lot of talk about him being the guy that can beat GSP, doesn't mean it wouldn't be an upset. GSP has been dominating the WW division for quite some time now.

Also, GSP claims that he has no desire to retire right now, and his head is 100% in the game.
GSP leads UFC into next 20 years - News | FOX Sports on MSN

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, GSP losing would be a huge deal. Much like when A. Silva lost (The odds were similar in that fight too. Maybe even closer than this one iirc). Still, I would contend that neither of those are upsets because neither GSP nor A. Silva were heavily favored. It's purely a semantic argument.

That's one reason why I love the UFC so much over most combat sports promotions. There's zero champions I can think of recently that were ducking. Even though you sometimes get one sided fights like JJ vs Chael Sonnen you never see ducking from champions like you do in boxing.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Totally agree. I appreciate promotions like Bellator, but I don't like it when they have some legitimate contenders over there. I want to see the best guys fight each other, and when they are in different promotions (like at that height of PRIDE) that just isn't possible. It really is a loss for the fans since we end up missing out some potentially great fights. I mean sure it was great when Chuck and Wanderlei finally fought, but they were both already well past their primes at that time, and the fight really didn't mean anything.

I actually hope that Bellator doesn't continue to pump out true contenders, unless it is simply to give them some spotlight time before they can move over to the UFC and fight the biggest names.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Totally agree. I appreciate promotions like Bellator, but I don't like it when they have some legitimate contenders over there. I want to see the best guys fight each other, and when they are in different promotions (like at that height of PRIDE) that just isn't possible. It really is a loss for the fans since we end up missing out some potentially great fights. I mean sure it was great when Chuck and Wanderlei finally fought, but they were both already well past their primes at that time, and the fight really didn't mean anything.

I actually hope that Bellator doesn't continue to pump out true contenders, unless it is simply to give them some spotlight time before they can move over to the UFC and fight the biggest names.
Hopefully bellator does get big enough and has some true contenders dana white is so hungry he would do a bellator vs ufc champions vs champions.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
poster curse says that gsp will EVENTUALLY lose
That's the best part, with Silva's loss the Poster Curse is already fulfilled. Unless GSP retires or changes classes it's a fait accompli.

As for it being an upset: Any time a UFC champ with 8+ defenses loses it's an upset, arguing otherwise is indeed semantics.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
"I've said it many times, Ben's a completely one-dimensional fighter who is utterly dominant in that dimension," Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney said. "I had a number of discussions with Ben and it became clear it was time for both parties to move in different directions.
What a joke of an organization. Says a lot about the direction they want to head with their recent UFC castoff signings and releasing their WW champion.