MMA Thread

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
So am i the only one who wishes the ufc would just cut shields and never bring him back? I can't think of a single fight he's ever been in that wasn't boring as fuck.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I was out drinking for my birthday tonight and totally forgot about the fights. Is it worth downloading to watch?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UFC 171 GIFS
HTML5 versions. Same quality, way smaller file sizes.

Other than Condit's knee and the 2nd/3rd rounds of Shields/Lombard it was a pretty decent event. The decisions were mostly interesting fights and not snoozefests.

This left from Lawler would have knocked out 99% of Welterweights. Hendricks' chin is sick.

Johny_Hendricks_vs._Robbie_Lawler_9.gif

edit: 2 judges scored 1, 2, and 5 for Hendricks and 3 and 4 for Condit. All 10-9.

Then there's Doug Crosby who went 48-47 Hendricks as well but got there by a very different route...

ufc-171-scorecard.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
How bout this one! Is it just me, or are these guys at least 2 weight classes apart?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why bother? You can just keep having your champion crush cans while you call her the greatest ever and the biggest start in the sport. If you say something often enough it becomes true....right?

edit: Rumor is Holm and her management are asking for way more money than she's earned by beating up on cans herself.
================================================== ====

There were 7 fighters on the 171 card under the age of 25, and 5 of them won(and one lost to another). This is a great thing, even though they're not household names yet the UFC is still bringing in exciting young talent.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why bother? You can just keep having your champion crush cans while you call her the greatest ever and the biggest start in the sport. If you say something often enough it becomes true....right?

edit: Rumor is Holm and her management are asking for way more money than she's earned by beating up on cans herself.
================================================== ====

There were 7 fighters on the 171 card under the age of 25, and 5 of them won(and one lost to another). This is a great thing, even though they're not household names yet the UFC is still bringing in exciting young talent.
It's all a balancing game. Dana White has to consistently reject contracts to avoid overpaying for fighters. Even if this means short-term losses because they lose a fighter here and there it means ensuring long-term profits from having more profitable contracts.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And, nobody knows who the fuck that bitch is. You can't market someone who is essentially anonymous.

If they are going to over-pay someone, they should just back a Brinks truck up to Gino Carrano's house.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Siler just got hosed on that stoppage. I think if that left didn't land he probably falls over and is out. It almost looks like the left woke him up, and as soon as he hit the ground he was fighting back.