MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Justin McCully in 2 masks is amazing. Absolutely awful, but amazing.

In case any of you don't know who that is, he's the most boring fighter ever to step in the Octagon. Ever. Also a long time training partner of Tito.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Glad you explained it because I sure didn't know. Doesn't make the entire thing any less stupid though

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey did you guys know Arlovski and Bigfoot are having a rematch this weekend? In Brazil, Fight Pass only. Not sure if I'll bother to download it or just watch gifs after the fact. Not much I'm looking forward to.

UFC Fight Night - Bigfoot vs. Arlovski 2

There's a WSOF card as well. Only real thing of note is Marlon Moraes fighting. You should watch him, he's a lot of fun to watch. He should be in the UFC. Only downside would be listening to Joe Rogan sucking his dick over his leg kicks. He throws them hard and often and off combos a lot.

2_Marlon_Moraes_vs._Brandon_Hempleman_medium.gif

Here's that guys leg in the locker room post-fight.

Brandon_Hempleman_2.jpg

He fought that last round with it broken supposedly. Look at those toe marks on the side of his knee, that's ouchie looking.

It's also kind of hard to give a shit about the WSOF with all the different reports of how shitty they are with some of their fighters. They came out with a bang but have really started sputtering.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit, he actually broke the guys leg? That seems like that would be very difficult to do, no matter how hard someone kicks you. I get why arms break when blocking kicks, but your thigh is pretty damn meaty. So to be able to break the femur is beyond impressive.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Break was "fibula just right below the knee".

Moraes latest fight might have been even worse. The guy(Josh Rettinghouse) could barely stand by the end of the 3rd. Moraes clearly started taking it easy on him, the fight should have been stopped and his corner should have thrown in the towel. No way it should have gone the distance. It was one of the worst extended beatings I've seen, even with Moraes going easy.

You can find most of Moraes recent fights or at least highlights of them on the Youtubes.

Now that Alvarez is signed this guy is probably top of my list of guys I want to see in the UFC. So many great match ups in the 135 division for him.

Also this weekend will feature another savage knockout by Paul Daley on a wildly overmatched BAMMA opponent. Marinho Moreira da Rocha this time. I actually kind of cringe when I click on his fight highlights now.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh okay, a break of the fibula makes more sense, especially right below the knee. Breaking the femur would have been...exceptional.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only thing I found after a brief google search was Monson claiming Fedor broke his femur, but I also saw a lot of comments saying Monson seemed to be favoring the leg before the match even started, so who the hell knows. Breaking a femur is incredibly difficult, breaking one with a kick would be nearly impossible.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
TUF 20 is on tonight for anyone interested. I am going to check it out and see if it is worth watching.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
Over an hour into the show so far and it is like an episode of American Idol just wasting time with shitty back story and crying for the camera.

I don't give a fuck if they had an easy or hard life - I just want to see fights.

Mostly I don't watch the ultimate fighter show except for the last 20 minutes, but they promoted this season as not being about the bullshit but about fights.

Definately just going to watch recordings of the show and skip to the fights as normal.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I am afraid they are going to focus way to much on the house and not the fights.

I do like the ranking system they decided to use for the fights though, that was pretty cool.

So far this first fight is pretty meh.

Edit: Oh, the 2nd round got pretty interesting!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I like that they are doing a seeding instead of coaches picking the fights since a title is on the line. Coaches picking the fights could easily screw some fighters

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think this Joanne chick is my favorite. She seems super soft spoken yet scary all at the same time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this Joanne chick is my favorite. She seems super soft spoken yet scary all at the same time.
She's the pretty heavy favorite I think as well. Of everyone in the house she had the most hype coming in.

edit: Apparently when they showed the bracket at one point it spoiled an unaired fight. AND they posted a recap of the fight on the site. That's some pretty smooth production right there.

Fedor

<Banned>
On the show the #1 seed is the best wrestler and the #2 seed is the best striker.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot more upsets though.