MMLP2

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm not far enough into it yet, but so far i'm enjoying it a lot.. Rap God is pretty damn ridiculous

Favorite songs so far:

Legacy, Rap God, Brainless and Asshole

Edit:

Just finished it.. a lot of really good songs, a couple awful songs. (Love Game, Headlights, So Far...).

Nice to see that em is back!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
lol, fucking magnets how do they work reference.

This album is pretty badass.

After a few listens it starts strong and keeps momentum throughout but then kind of falls apart towards the end. Don't care for Love Game, Headlights or So Far, either. Haven't heard the deluxe tracks yet.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
His delivery has always been overshadowed by his awful lyrics and music. The dude is still rapping about Columbine and Monica Lewinsky. He needs to hang it up.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lyrics have always been his strong suit and the references to Lewinsky and Columbine are self-referential to the previous album and also to the fact that he's been doing this for two decades.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Lyrics have always been his strong suit and the references to Lewinsky and Columbine are self-referential to the previous album and also to the fact that he's been doing this for two decades.
Didn't notice this thread, so posted the song in the rap thread.

Bad Guy, that song seems like Stan 2. The last verse is good. Song is sort of a collaboration of all his split personalities, the sober Marshall giving the last verse.

Not heard all the songs yet, but seems like a decent album. Only listened to Rap god, monster, bad guy and Berzerk so far.

EDIT: As to Eminem having awful lyrics. Maybe the themes of his songs can be considered awful, but not sure how anyone can call him an awful lyricist.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Overall, excellent. Second best of the year for me, behind Tech N9ne's Something Else. Playlist is Rap God, Berzerk, Legacy, Brainless, Bad Guy. I really didn't like Stronger Than I Was at first, but then someone mentioned that it's the Kim song of the album, but from her perspective. I listened to it again and yep, it fits. Amazing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The album has really grown on me through subsequent listens. I didn't like So Far or Love Game at first, but now I do. Bad Guy was awesome the first time but got a lot better when I realized it was from Stan's little brother. There's a lot of nuance in this album that you can't really get with one or two listens.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Haven't seen anyone mention Survival yet. Out of the three i've heard so far (Rap God, Berzerk, Survival) it's definitely the worst by far (I didn't like it at all, felt like the lyrics were written by a 14 year old with no talent). Going to check the rest of it out over the next few days.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I really fucking love this album. Rap God gave me a lot of hope, and I discovered the leak a couple days ago when I went to go look if it was released yet. Listened to it all in one go. I think it had a perfect balance of Eminem's style throughout the years. Some old MM, some Recovery, everything. I don't know what all the critic hate for Recovery is all about. Recovery sold more albums than any other in the entire year when it was released, and Not Afraid is one of his best songs. So I don't really mind the "Recovery-sounding" songs on MMLP2. Such an amazing balance. It's slightly annoying that he sounds homophobic and misogynistic at times, but it's not that big of a deal when you consider that in actuality he's not homophobic and is just basically playing a character and trying to illustrate a kind of frame of mind and life. So I think some people are overreacting in the media about that shit. I'm as LGBT as it gets and it's still a really good album. I've been waiting for this album for years.

Survival is by far the worst, right next to Berzerk, it sounds way too pop-rock and almost like a sell-out to appeal to a wider variety of people. Rap God is easily the best. I know everyone always says it, but he really is a lyrical genius. He's a modern day poet, so many hidden meanings, references, and deeper concepts than what appears on the surface. He packs a hundred words/full idea into a single line.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah it's a really solid album, few iffy tracks but you're gonna get that anywhere. Surprisingly I really loved The Monster, I'm one of those people who really didn't get into Recovery, but this album is way better, up there with his older stuff.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Just finished listening to everything I hadn't already heard on the album. The Monster was my favorite for sure, I loved everything about the song and I think Rihanna has an amazing voice so that was nice too. Legacy and Rhyme or Reason were my two other favorites, Brainless and So Far were both good as well.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Survival is his pop-release he does on each album (see crack a bottle, not afraid, etc.)

PKS

N00b
I really fucking love this album.It's slightly annoying that he sounds homophobic and misogynistic at times, but it's not that big of a deal
Bad Guy comes along and kills Shady for it. Then that last verse he kills all of us! Insane. This album is right up there. Upped the pace from Recovery and packed it full of killer lyrics and nearly every song is of that quality that makes the entire album highly listenable.