Moab, Utah (Arches National Park)

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Brother is getting married out in Utah next year and I'm beginning to look at some of the condo rentals out that way.

Basically just looking at:
Moab Lodging : Vacation Rentals - Select Lodging in Moab Utah

But wondering if anyone has any experiences, information, reviews, thoughts? I'm not too familiar with the area as I live on the east coast but even if there are good condo rentals close to Moab (wouldn't even mind a ~30 min drive).

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for hikes/trails/activities to do I'll most likely be out that way for a week. I'd love to see as much as I can since I"ve never been out west before

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been there several times. But only for BASE. Sooo, enjoy hiking I guess?

I was led by some guys who live there. But really, go to any bar really and hit up the BASE crowd. If the weather is nice just ask to come along. They know ALL of the awesome spots in Moab.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While I've never been to Moab, one of my favorite places in the US is Zion National Park. It's also in Utah. That place is awesome.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too bad you aren't a mountain biker, or bonus if you are and in that case just skip the fucking wedding.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just got back from Grand Escalante Staircase area as well! It is a total blast in that area. A friend and I hiked reflection canyon! After the hike we had to drive that "Hole in the Rock Road", man was it a blast. A thunder/hailstorm came through so all the roads were flooded out and people trying to drive down it in there 2 wheel sedans were stuck everywhere. Spent half the day dragging people out of flood areas lol.

It is an amazing area though, so damn desolate and remote. You literally see nothing for maybe 100+ miles in any direction. Just driving down the road takes about an hour and a half. Carry tons of water because there is absolutely no place to replenish it. Which is probably the only part about the hike I hated. I prefer when I just top off at every stream I pass. I can upload some of the other pictures once I get them off the camera, these were just cell phone shots of my buddy and I and the truck after driving through clay-like mud for an hour. That shit stains everything.

rrr_img_133996.jpg
rrr_img_133997.jpg

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
While I've never been to Moab, one of my favorite places in the US is Zion National Park. It's also in Utah. That place is awesome.
I've been a couple time to Zion, it's pretty awesome. Plenty of stuff you can do with younger kids as well.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
It has been a LONG time since I've been out there and I was only a kid so I don't remember many details, but we did a couple of family houseboating trips on Lake Powell and those are still my all-time favorite family vacations. We usually spent a week on the lake plus several days doing hikes and stuff. Arches National Park I remember being a little touristy but still worth it. Shouldn't be that hard online to find a basic guide on different hikes/paths to hit a bunch of the arches.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the information guys. I'm fine just looking up random tourist attractions but sometimes there are all these hidden gems that turn out to be more awesome then all the big touristy places. They are actually renting out three giant camping lots right on the Colorado river for like 2 full days, able to camp there which would be nice and it'd only be family/friends instead of a bunch of randoms. I'd be tempted to go White water rafting / kayaking / canoeing for a day. I've gone white water rafting on the new gorge river in west Virginia a few years ago and had a shit load of fun.