Momo Challenge / Peppa Pig Suicide, etc

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Hi, can anyone give the low down on this? Months ago I heard about how people were splicing raunchy things into the videos that kids watch on YouTube, then I saw this Momo challenge stuff, but then I read it was a hoax. Today I'm hearing about a peppa pig video that will tell your kids to commit suicide. Is any of this shit real?

I ask, because last night my kid was watching YouTube (via YouTube app on her iPad, not YouTube Kids app), and she was watching Doll Maker, which is some stupid shit she loves, and I guess kept clicking the videos on the side, and I eventually hear "what are you some kind of mother fucking whore? what the fuck?" so I grabbed her iPad and switched videos. I regret not seeing what video was playing that so that I could report it or have proof.

Is any of this suicide challenge stuff real? I've been trying to Google it and have yet to see an actual video of any of it, or a copy of a YouTube video where Momo comes on and tells them something bad. But I did hear the thing last night where she eventually found a dirty video, but I don't know if it was a "spliced in" video, or if she just ended up clicking on some bad video.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
haven't heard about the peppa pig suicide but did hear about the momo challenge one. I let my kid watch youtube on the nvidia shield tv. I turned on restricted mode, which seems to help

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
It wouldn't surprise me. People have made fake bot accounts to manipulate advertisers and corporate algorithms mistakenly identify them as real people. Eventually this ends up sending your kids disturbing content that bots like.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I assumed this momo shit was fearmongering by the news, usually I hear about stupid internet shit here way before the media.

When my kids were young, cellphones and internet weren't a concern for kids, they were old enough when it was more of a thing. I couldn't imagine having extra stupid bullshit to worry about, you worry enough about your kids with normal life. I probably would have pulled the plug, or moved to Yukon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hi, can anyone give the low down on this? Months ago I heard about how people were splicing raunchy things into the videos that kids watch on YouTube, then I saw this Momo challenge stuff, but then I read it was a hoax. Today I'm hearing about a peppa pig video that will tell your kids to commit suicide. Is any of this shit real?

I ask, because last night my kid was watching YouTube (via YouTube app on her iPad, not YouTube Kids app), and she was watching Doll Maker, which is some stupid shit she loves, and I guess kept clicking the videos on the side, and I eventually hear "what are you some kind of mother fucking whore? what the fuck?" so I grabbed her iPad and switched videos. I regret not seeing what video was playing that so that I could report it or have proof.

Is any of this suicide challenge stuff real? I've been trying to Google it and have yet to see an actual video of any of it, or a copy of a YouTube video where Momo comes on and tells them something bad. But I did hear the thing last night where she eventually found a dirty video, but I don't know if it was a "spliced in" video, or if she just ended up clicking on some bad video.
Youtubes algo for "up next", "watch next" is really fucked up. it's weighted against % of views and if ppl actually "watch next". Since the majority of kids watch shit w/o skipping, these videos get passed.

Youtube only cares about retention, so they try to keep the viewer on for hours. you'd think "up next" would be from the channel creator?

i.e.

you watch 15mins of "PEWDIEPIE", "up next" would be more videos of "PEWDIEPIE" from his channel???

NO, this is bad for retention. why? b/c most likely you've watched EVERYTHING on "PEWDIEPIE"s channel already, so you just "skip" or turn off youtube entirely.

so with their "up next", they'll try to find relevant vids with a combination of factors, largely, it will be with keywords, and keywords that are relevant, lets again take "PEWDIEPIE"
82d4301a48a109114ffbbd7d687fbebb.png

once you "drill down" as the industry term, you really are not left with many options.

Also theres A LOT of weird shit in comments (like pizza gate pedo stuff)

My advice is if you have kids and you just let em watch youtube w/ the "up next", check on em every hour and see how bad the algo de-evolves

and then as you keep on going, the videos just de-evolve into nothing resembling "PEWDIEPIE"

It's the fault of the "up next" algo and ppl trying to "game the system"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
momo is fake

I'm impressed that police stations and schools were even warning about it with no proof though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is scary for any parent who is internet retarded

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user