Monopoly

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Best game to cause a family fight as you squeeze dad for all he's got.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Free Parking means you take all the money but only if I land on it first.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s probably the only game ever made that has never been played by its actual rules by 99.9% of players.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It’s probably the only game ever made that has never been played by its actual rules by 99.9% of players.

Rules as written only every one of them even the auction rule and yes the building shortage rule as well no house rules fuck you.

Game isn't bad if you don't shit it up with your fag larps. Most of what people hate about Monopoly is from house rules that make the game take forever. Played by the rules games are short and ugly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Monopoly isn't even the best board game about building hotels.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Rules as written only every one of them even the auction rule and yes the building shortage rule as well no house rules fuck you.

Game isn't bad if you don't shit it up with your fag larps. Most of what people hate about Monopoly is from house rules that make the game take forever. Played by the rules games are short and ugly.

Being older and wiser than I was when I used to play it, you are correct. Plus, haven't the official rules changed sometime in the past 7-8 years? I thought they added a special die for tournaments that could advance you to the next unowned property to speed up the property collecting phase of the game and they were going to make it an official inclusion into all versions of the game but I guess I was wrong.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Never seen that, always drawn 2. Wonder what made people start that.

One of the biggest laughs I think I've ever had at a game night was a 12 player Uno match with 4 or 5 decks. We agreed ahead of time any +card could have another +card played on it and pass on to the next person. Fast forward to everyone having multiple +cards and my buddies wife getting stuck with I think 30 or 40 when everyone finally ran out with the kicker being her husband is the one that caused it with I think a +2 reverse card.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
One of the biggest laughs I think I've ever had at a game night was a 12 player Uno match with 4 or 5 decks. We agreed ahead of time any +card could have another +card played on it and pass on to the next person. Fast forward to everyone having multiple +cards and my buddies wife getting stuck with I think 30 or 40 when everyone finally ran out with the kicker being her husband is the one that caused it with I think a +2 reverse card.
If you think that shit is fun try playing this:

• 2Worf

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Draw 2 on draw 2 to draw 4?

We used to have a group that played every day at lunch where you could add to, skip, or reverse any +2 or +4 cards. Added some additional interactivity and strategy to the game. We also used a custom deck someone put together that had extra copies of all the special cards in it. Never seemed to drag either.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Being older and wiser than I was when I used to play it, you are correct. Plus, haven't the official rules changed sometime in the past 7-8 years? I thought they added a special die for tournaments that could advance you to the next unowned property to speed up the property collecting phase of the game and they were going to make it an official inclusion into all versions of the game but I guess I was wrong.
When they introduced the extra die it was kind of fucked up because after all properties were *owned* it moved you to the next *active* enemy location, so the end game meta was to turn your low rent properties into loans so that you owned them but they weren't active, so that people who rolled the next-space face got booted past the cheap properties straight to your huge rent nightmare neighborhoods.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
When they introduced the extra die it was kind of fucked up because after all properties were *owned* it moved you to the next *active* enemy location, so the end game meta was to turn your low rent properties into loans so that you owned them but they weren't active, so that people who rolled the next-space face got booted past the cheap properties straight to your huge rent nightmare neighborhoods.
Did they call that version Even Shittier Monopoly?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
It was called Mega Monopoly or the Championship Edition, but since it ends the game quicker, doesn't that mean it makes a shitty game better?