Monster Hunter: World

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I would love to play with you guys, my steam is sirrath, drop me a message.

I enjoy farming shit, though I've not beaten the 2 bazels yet to cross HR29 but also not in a rush to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really don't get why they scale monsters how they do in this game. Lost the other 2 people I play with so its only 2 of us now and every hunt we go on is like hard mode. Tried firing an SoS and just had noobs that sapped our carts almost instantly. So now we're forced to solo which completely just killed my ability to enjoy this game.

Not to mention DCs are back and fuck doing a tempered elder with 2.8 health solo so I just abandon and lose a tempered elder try.
SoS is random, but the players get better at higher levels and on average, SoSing people in is better/faster.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I am having the worst damn luck on stones. The Royal Burst needs the common lance stones for the augments. I have received two hero stones for lance...figures.

I messed with the hammer. Good GOD shit dies fast! I will probably make whatever endgame hammer I have mats for, just for shits and giggles since I have a couple hero stones for hammer also.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
SoS is random, but the players get better at higher levels and on average, SoSing people in is better/faster.

This. If dudes are 60+ I have found they are good. Quick tempered kills. What I can't stand are those god dern oriental types! I have just started leaving hunts as soon as I see them join. Waste of my time.

I'm playing with other gun lance users now, and good god they infuriate me! I can't even assume they are trying out the weapon, because it's a RB or EML. The worst are the guys who won't block and wait the monster out. I'll get these 2 hits instead of 2 full combos because I can't think past the moment.

Anyone who plays a slow lumbering weapon actually do monster blinds? Outside of monsters in the air, or running away, it just seems so cumbersome. Especially since I'm always under the monster shooting it's nuts with a shotgun.

Silly question. How I get that cat that plays all the music during fights?

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This. If dudes are 60+ I have found they are good. Quick tempered kills. What I can't stand are those god dern oriental types! I have just started leaving hunts as soon as I see them join. Waste of my time.

Anyone who plays a slow lumbering weapon actually do monster blinds? Outside of monsters in the air, or running away, it just seems so cumbersome. Especially since I'm always under the monster shooting it's nuts with a shotgun.

Do the quest in Coral Highlands with the cats there. It will unlock the Coral Orcehstra Palico item.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean investigations, not expeditions, like what I said. Just the normal ones, not tempered ones, the boxes give more reward for gems, and since it's not tempered they do a lot less damage so you have to really try hard to die, if your armor is augmented. Like most nergi attacks will do 5% or so of your life bar, his dive does like 75% I think, so you can more or less facetank everything if it's not tempered and it's better for gem drops. It's just not very good since you don't get streamstones/decorations but when I'm looking specifically for gems I do some non tempered investigations, just rocksteady mantle and mash buttons until it dies not caring about healing, with cat on plunder for more chance at gems.

Yeah this worked for me, thanks. Did Nergi twice last night, will do a few more today and then push forward to Kushala. I have the cat on Plunder and I get 1 - 2 gems per kill.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was mid combo with my long sword anime sailing through the air and the bow user sleeps Legiana. Come down thwack on the tail and she wakes up. Proceed to get flamed for two minutes by the POS about wasting his sleep arrows. Like I get it, but this is PUG coordination and we already slept her once and got the bombs off, etc. Don’t whine at me bc I’m up the ass end doing spirit slashes and can’t see your little plink plink arrow.

And Krasus totally ditched me last night. Feel like a cheap whore. Y u h8 me bb

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Evernothing

39minutes, the fuck, were you waiting for the gems to grow?

sword.png

Evernothing

Coral Orchestra part starts @ 4:45, but you should just run all the cat quests to get all the Palico gadgets and cat allies.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was mid combo with my long sword anime sailing through the air and the bow user sleeps Legiana. Come down thwack on the tail and she wakes up. Proceed to get flamed for two minutes by the POS about wasting his sleep arrows. Like I get it, but this is PUG coordination and we already slept her once and got the bombs off, etc. Don’t whine at me bc I’m up the ass end doing spirit slashes and can’t see your little plink plink arrow.

And Krasus totally ditched me last night. Feel like a cheap whore. Y u h8 me bb

Come into the FoH discord, you have to scroll down and youll see us in the MHW channels. For some reason I disconnected twice trying to join you homie.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Sub 60, maybe possible :/
I feel like for speed kills the timer should start the second you take an action to iniate the fight (laying down affinity booster, drinking dmg pots etc..) Lot of time wasted just running to destination.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Got my Nergal Gash last night and finished farming my build armour. I'm hoping to finish up Teostra, Vaal, and Xeno tonight. Then the real grind begins!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nice work, @a_skeleton_00 !

Now that ive played the game i feel way more confident in my initial thought that the speed kill game would be way more interesting if it was done with starter gear.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nice work, @a_skeleton_00 !

Now that ive played the game i feel way more confident in my initial thought that the speed kill game would be way more interesting if it was done with starter gear.
There's a bunch of rules for some of the rankings that make it a bit less boring, like no mantles, no cats, no aerial hit spam, no traps/flash and such. Evens out the playfield a bunch, although it also makes some weapons pretty trash I think(HBG for example without rocksteady).

Personally don't care much for the speedruns, but I did appreciate the behemoth extreme solo kills. The longsword one was a thing of beauty, just counter hit everything in the fight.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I would love to play with you guys, my steam is sirrath, drop me a message.

I enjoy farming shit, though I've not beaten the 2 bazels yet to cross HR29 but also not in a rush to.

I am stuck right there as well on PS4.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I have to be honest because I started as a Longsword main:

I cannot stand longsword and it bothers me that weapon isn't considered the cheesiest of all.

You literally hit R2 and Circle during any attack and you dodge it. Any. Ever.

You also then can hit r2 to initiate a hit that instantly fills your gauge.

Oh wait you can stagger lock any elder using helmsplitter and keep them locked down so they dont even do attack animations.

Sigh. #depressionquest

Last edited by a moderator: