Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6,465
6,462
Yea it isn't making much sense. I'm 11 and just to catch up on spells I couldn't afford would be 23 silver. Just level 12 alone is 21.

Fighting for a full ingame day earns me around 60 copper off teeth and eggs and whatnot.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,307
20,281
Yeah the spells prices are absurd and either this wasn't the way it was in beta of my SK was just rich. I hit 8 on the necro and could only afford about 6 of the 13 or so spells or whatever
 

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
883
130
Hopefully they adjust them soon. I expect it to become a major dealbreaker for a lot of people. I’ve managed to afford everything I need so far, and gotten a couple bags, but to echo a previous post, I can’t come close to affording any gear or anything else.
 

Del

Potato del Grande
1,436
1,465
I think the problem is that they made the leveling curve pre level 30 flat out too fast at some point during beta. People aren't killing as many mobs as they were in alpha and early beta and aren't getting the same amount of coin that they were before. I made it to level 25 and I'm finally starting to be able to afford all my scrolls, even went back and bought the old ones I missed.
 

Rhanyn

<Silver Donator>
1,157
1,728
I had been farming mushroom parts while leveling to 10 to do the bounty turn in for 2 silver per 4. I'm almost completely caught up on spell purchases, I've got all my bag slots full and just need to buy a belt pouch to rotate out when I'm not harvesting. I do need to touch up my gear, was looking to start working on blacksmithing, but I can't find molds to make ingots anywhere down in UD. I may swap to one of my other characters out of Faelindral or Night Harbor where things have been more fleshed out and come back to my DE later once things have had more time to cook a bit. Just making that boat ride from AV to UD made a huge world of difference. I know the DE area is supposed to feel oppressive, but it's an absolutely brutal starting experience compared to the others. Even after you gain access to the main city, you are just barely non KOS and what few trainers and services are there you can't access until after doing more faction grinding. The devs keep saying it evens out once people get over the initial DE hurdles, so maybe once more information come outs and they fill in some gaps, it won't as bad. Here is the devs note on economy from the most recent patch.
1791202001348.png
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6,465
6,462
I had been farming mushroom parts while leveling to 10 to do the bounty turn in for 2 silver per 4. I'm almost completely caught up on spell purchases, I've got all my bag slots full and just need to buy a belt pouch to rotate out when I'm not harvesting. I do need to touch up my gear, was looking to start working on blacksmithing, but I can't find molds to make ingots anywhere down in UD. I may swap to one of my other characters out of Faelindral or Night Harbor where things have been more fleshed out and come back to my DE later once things have had more time to cook a bit. Just making that boat ride from AV to UD made a huge world of difference. I know the DE area is supposed to feel oppressive, but it's an absolutely brutal starting experience compared to the others. Even after you gain access to the main city, you are just barely non KOS and what few trainers and services are there you can't access until after doing more faction grinding. The devs keep saying it evens out once people get over the initial DE hurdles, so maybe once more information come outs and they fill in some gaps, it won't as bad. Here is the devs note on economy from the most recent patch.
View attachment 642831
Is that myconid parts? I threw a shitload of those away. Where is this turnin?
 

Rhanyn

<Silver Donator>
1,157
1,728
Small tip for money generation early on, get a lumberjack axe and lumber satchel, fill it up every time, and then at least in UD, sell the shroomwood you don't need to the Chef upstairs in the Citadel, 2c per piece instead of 1c per from the lumberjack vendor. May even be worth just dropping resin as you harvest. Lumber belt pouch is 12 slots x 20 wood x 2cp = 4.8 silver per haul.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

<Silver Donator>
1,157
1,728
Is that myconid parts? I threw a shitload of those away. Where is this turnin?
Yep, myconid parts, you turn 4 into Mikra the gobo in the bounty office, east side of UD, then walk down the counter to the human lady in the same office and turn in your slip for 2 silver. Mushroom Farmers Bounty - Monsters and Memories Wiki

You can also farm 4 Delvestone Mining Picks from the Delvestone miners if you take the lift up top and then talk to Hull the dwarf (this is also where the mining trainer/vendor is as well). You've got to take the little lift down to the rafters just below, run over to the caves (cool area). The turn in nets you closer to 3 silver after selling the patchwork leather and coin from the turn in, but I found this area was way to heavily contested to be as profitable.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6,465
6,462
Yep, myconid parts, you turn 4 into Mikra the gobo in the bounty office, east side of UD, then walk down the counter to the human lady in the same office and turn in your slip for 2 silver. Mushroom Farmers Bounty - Monsters and Memories Wiki

You can also farm 4 Delvestone Mining Picks from the Delvestone miners if you take the lift up top and then talk to Hull the dwarf (this is also where the mining trainer/vendor is as well). You've got to take the little lift down to the rafters just below, run over to the caves (cool area). The turn in nets you closer to 3 silver after selling the patchwork leather and coin from the turn in, but I found this area was way to heavily contested to be as profitable.
haha I threw a shitload of those away too gnaaaaaaaaaaaalskjfdlsdjflsdjf

Thanks! This will help my assgobliny character alot.
 

Rhanyn

<Silver Donator>
1,157
1,728
All in all, really enjoyed my inaugural weekend. Love that feeling of fresh exploration and discovery. Was surprised at how much time I spent just randomly chatting up different people and patching together our scraps of knowledge, especially after I got to UD. Other than one small group in AV area just killing snakes on loop, I pretty much completely soloed my way to 10 over the weekend, pretty happy with my progress and feel like I'm starting to speed up now that I have some footing.
1791202895247.png
 
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,307
20,281
Yeah I think complaints aside I really like what this game is offering, and to be honest stuff like tuning costs i expect to be fixed since they're getting much more feedback now.

I said this to my wife but this is the first MMO in a very long time that hooked me basically right from the start.

I did release a v0.0.2 of the cartographer tool. It allows you to copy a marker from your map and paste the string into chat so someone can import it to theirs. My idea was

'does anyone know where this npc is?'
'<paste marker> here you go you fuckin jerk'

Or can be used to ping a camp location or something.
 
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blueweed

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
2,901
17,840
in an earlier me I could see myself just taking my time and not putting exp a day to work on everything else.

but fast forward- an hour in, wrist starts to ache and bum stiffen up. if ones not careful, blood pressure starts to climb. so the rush to make the best of time' just ruins it for me.

all being said, there is magic in mnm, tops wow forever at least for me.
 

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,890
9,837
I do need to point out the game on the whole is fun. Enjoying the class dynamics and the experience of a fresh MMO. Can’t wait to play more and already making plans for less work more game time.
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,546
14,138
I can't get enough of this game, multiple 14 hour sessions since Thursday. Queue was 20 mins to get in tops, able to alt+F4 and skip the queue to get back in. The only complaint really is bad players and assholes, otherwise it's been great. I got a Bard to 18, but there is some jank so I rerolled a DE rogue in UD and hit 11.

From what I can tell they are trying to force people to slow down and work on a mix of things rather than just forging ahead on XP. People still aren't really selling to other players and I believe that is where the bigger gains are, dabbling a bit in everything and staying in overleveled camps to gain more coin quickly over better XP. Sure you can go to the next big XP area but you will kill sower and outlevel your income per level. Doesn't really bother me as I'm enjoying the combat and fun.

Rogue starting quest dagger in UD is amazing. I don't want to be at work right now.
 

...

Goonsquad Officer
8,566
20,734
Alright boys here it is. 95% vibe coded. MnM devs might HATE what I did here, but I use no live data (except what zone you're in, in player log file). These maps are not distributed or published in my repo, so the tool generates maps from the game files. A note on this, the first time you generate maps it's going to take some time - took my machine about 5-7 minutes; but you should only have to do that the first time.

M&M Cartographer v0.0.1 — zone maps that build themselves

A small map tool for Monsters & Memories. It renders zone maps from the game's own files on your machine, so there's no map pack to download and nothing to keep in sync with patches.

- Generates its own maps from your install — press a button, it finds the game and renders every zone
- Follows you between zones automatically as you play
- Drop markers for camps, named spawns, harvest nodes, merchants, exits, quests and anything else worth remembering
- Quest markers record requirements — level, class, faction
- Pair up teleporters so hovering one shows where it goes
- Single ~8 MB executable, Linux and Windows, no installer — put it anywhere

It only ever reads the game's log file to know which zone you're in. It doesn't touch the client, its memory, or its network traffic.

Repo: GitHub - Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer: Third-party map utility for Monsters & Memories.
Downloads: Releases · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

For the bros:Let me know if you find any issues/problems or have feature requests. I plan to add methods for community information importing in a future release, this is just the start.

Also if there are other tools you think might be useful let me know. DPS meters is doable, but breaks TOS 100% so I won't be doing it (requires screen scraping or reading in flight memory).
i grabbed your blind midden map, but it appears to be a shot 'from above' of the whole dungeon, which hides a lot of areas. do you have a render of it a level or two down to see the lower layouts? i think that's where players start at from AV?

i dont really want to run the whole map background program thing, but i do like to see a map of a zone to help me learn it.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,307
20,281
i grabbed your blind midden map, but it appears to be a shot 'from above' of the whole dungeon, which hides a lot of areas. do you have a render of it a level or two down to see the lower layouts? i think that's where players start at from AV?

i dont really want to run the whole map background program thing, but i do like to see a map of a zone to help me learn it.
Can take a look tonight. First pass was top down but for zones I haven't been to I need feedback like this to make it better. I knew some would be more 3D, so I will see how much I can get from the render of the map

And purposely no publishing maps because I don't want to infringe on their IP but I can share some images later
 

huan

Trakanon Raider
17
2
do the full combined meshes for the maps exist as unity assets? I started poking around a bit, but only saw combined meshes of things like buildings and rock features.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,307
20,281
do the full combined meshes for the maps exist as unity assets? I started poking around a bit, but only saw combined meshes of things like buildings and rock features.
I doubt it, but I will have to look back at my data. I forget exactly what code did to stitch things together.

Which since Claude did do that... I bet I could just make the entire 3d map....