Moonbreaker -- collectible minis tactics game

velk

Trakanon Raider
Gave this a try given it's open beta at the moment, more or less.

Didn't grab me at all, I think this one is a pass from me.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah this is one of those games that could have been good but is just not gelling properly. There's always a chance things pivot in Early Access but in it's present state it's just blah.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone tried this recently? Reading reviews it appears they were able to get this working well in EA and it’s now fully released. They also scrapped all the MTX which is what made me dismiss it completely. I’m going to give it a shot in the next day or two.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This kind of looks interesting. Is the whole thing like PvP tabletop matches basically?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hadn't heard of this. Never really played TT mini games, outside of SW: Armada, but the painting part does look fun. Might grab it when I've got some extra free time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played a bit more, definitely has a good core mechanics. Haven’t tried a ton of units yet but it’s going to be fun putting together custom team.

Some of the paintings people do are fucking nuts, just like real minis. Its cool as fuck you can upload other people’s paint jobs to your minis.

image.png
20230706131801_1.jpeg
image.png
image0.jpeg
IMG_2861.jpeg
image.png

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hatorade Hatorade pick this up, you’ll like the gameplay.

Oh also the voices are annoying, I turned that off after a couple battles. They should add a slider so you can still have them active but they only talk every 20th click or something instead of every time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade Hatorade pick this up, you’ll like the gameplay.

Oh also the voices are annoying, I turned that off after a couple battles. They should add a slider so you can still have them active but they only talk every 20th click or something instead of every time.
I tried a free weekend a while back, figured I would wait for launch. Still enjoying mechabellum they just added insane wild cards between rounds like free level 9 rhino or 5 level 1 storms etc.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played one round tonight then started messing with painting a figure, started getting into a color scheme on one. Before I know it like two hours went by and my hand is cramped into a claw. Fuck.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This looks like an interesting concept but man it seems DoA. Like 37 viewers on Twitch, barely any YouTube content. I'll see if it survives or picks up any following.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This looks like an interesting concept but man it seems DoA. Like 37 viewers on Twitch, barely any YouTube content. I'll see if it survives or picks up any following.
This makes me feel old. I’ve never checked, or even thought checking, any of that on any game I’ve played.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This makes me feel old. I’ve never checked, or even thought checking, any of that on any game I’ve played.
Well any game that's reliant on live service (even just as matchmaker) I'm not much interested in if it's a ghost town. This just seems completely unmarketed. I'm its target demographic and only heard about it this week.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good video on the game and as to why it isn’t popular. The developers are absolutely crushing it and doing everything properly, story written by Sanderson, top voice actors, etc.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Good video on the game and as to why it isn’t popular. The developers are absolutely crushing it and doing everything properly, story written by Sanderson, top voice actors, etc.
They are not paying streamers to promote it is the only thing they’re doing wrong.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There's no meta progression in this at this point just build list and play matches? That's one piece I'm not super sold on.

Also part of the allure to me is list building and all that. So to the extent that it's just "make whatever" with no points values or upgrades or synergy bonuses for keeping certain keywords or something, this seems kind of a bit odd.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
There's no meta progression in this at this point just build list and play matches? That's one piece I'm not super sold on.

Also part of the allure to me is list building and all that. So to the extent that it's just "make whatever" with no points values or upgrades or synergy bonuses for keeping certain keywords or something, this seems kind of a bit odd.
Units have point values to bring on the board, you preset your army then go into battle. I did fairly well with a Zerg strat but one well placed high point unit can wreck you. Synergy is everywhere and very tactical.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

You have a unit limit and they all have fixed costs. If you just tried building a team with all high point value you’re going to be too slow getting units out and fall behind really quickly. If you have all low point you’re going to be losing too many units too quickly. Being able to build balanced customized teams that synergize well is the key and with so many units to choose from there’s going to be a ton of things to try out.

There’s no unlocking units as time goes on, just unlocking cosmetic things like banners, paint schemes, etc.