Mortal Kombat 1

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Wait a minute, so is this MK12 or is it a timeline reset retelling of MK1?

Cause I'm hearing something about Fire God Liu Kang going back in time and how Jax has normal arms in MK1/12 which indicates that this takes place before MK2.

An MK1 remake is what I wanted so is that what's kinda happening here? I hope they don't drastically change too much, but if they added Cole, bleeh
It kind of is MK12 because it follows up directly on what happens at the end of MK11 (Liu Kang becoming Fire God Liu Kang and creating a whole new timeline) but it is in many ways a full reboot, thus the marketing coming up with MK1.

Liu Kang winning:

Shang Tsung winning:

Both of these might be canon given what we saw from the story reveal so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
what year is it GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Played the early access a bit. Seems somewhat polished but strangely vanilla. I cannot say I am a big fan of the Kameo thing and it just seems like an excuse to have characters present without making the full roster available. The inputs are mostly good, though negative edge seems off. Graphics are fine and the look of the characters is very retro/original MK in some instances. I am withholding final judgement until I see the finished game, but so far putzing around with Kitana and Cage has been pretty good.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i played the beta this weekend as well. well, played may be too strong a word, i tried 2-3 rounds in easy tower and 2 online matches. realized i really just suck at fighting games, don't give a shit about any of the characters in mortal kombat anymore, don't really enjoy fighting game combat style, and have no real interest in playing more right now especially between Baldurs Gate 3 and Starfield soon plus Armored Core 6 is out in a few days.

I still haven't really finished injustice 1 & 2 and those seem far better stories at this point than whatever reboot hell mortal kombat is in after 10 & 11. "Its the same characters of 20 years ago, but not really, but kind of" seems to be the summary of the story after all the time shenanigans of 11

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there are a couple short story clips being leaked here and there so i won't post them here, but i've generally always disliked johnny cage. in mk x and 11 he definitely was a lot more enjoyable of a character but i still didn't really like his fighting style. but THIS johnny cage? he is always hilarious and has a completely new fighting style that seems very unlike any of the other characters and am actually looking forward to playing him.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So Sub-Zero's new fatality is a direct reference to Tessai's death in Ninja Scroll

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Good so far. Johny cage is awesome as always. Only thing I don't get is sometimes I just grab at nothing unless I hit switch stance which is weird. Can probably do without the kameos. Seems like a needless gimmick. Graphics are top notch.

Cybsled

One good thing about the kameos is some of the old school fatalities making a return lol

• 1Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
The story mode has some weird stuttering / hitching any time that isn't a fight. I tried turning all my settings to low but it didn't do anything. Gave me a screamer of a headache while also making me want to yack. Other than that I think its pretty awesome. I'm going to be fucking terrible as usual.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

I understand thinking kameos are just a gimmick and not really being on board with them, but they do allow for characters that we haven't seen in a long time and that the developers struggle implementing because of their size or whatever, like goro and motaro, for example. As well as characters that have a place in the lore overall, but not really this specific game, like Stryker and the cyberninjas. And yes, old school fatalities in high res is cool.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Finished the story last night. Fucking weird ass ending that had some funny stuff and battles. It's a pretty good fighting game for me. Going to take awhile to get combos down but when you pull a solid string off it's satisfying.

j00t

i haven't had a chance to REALLY dive in to this, with starfield and still finishing up bg3, but i'm really digging the invasions. i don't really dig the pvp scene (yes, i know, why play a fighting game then?) so it's a perfect way for me to still get playtime out of it down the road