Mortal Kombat (2021)

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yeah this Mortal Kombat was definitely different. Not as authentic as #1, definitely more likeable than #2. Wishing good things for this sequel. More titties please.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
BUM BUM BA LAY HEEEE or whatever the fuck. 😂

Raiden's move? It's AYO BOBBO LAYYYY.

Didn't Kano steal the amulet of shinnok in the temple? That's what it looked like to me.

IIRC Shinnok is a bad guy in MK4, then MK5 has Quan Chi and Shang Tsung teaming up? IDK, I stopped paying attention after MK3 and Shao Khan's fall. If they release any kind of game compilation (which are all the rage now) I'd like to play everything between MK3 and MK9 that I missed.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally watched it yesterday. Actually liked a lot of this movie. Kano was cool but of course he was the racist comic relief buffoon who got beat up a lot. Kung Lao was awesome and should have lasted. Overall it was an alright time.

As for the RL stuff around it... It's hilarious to me that the moviemakers made that stupid fucking woke comment about leaving Johnny Cage out "because we don't think it's the time to have a white male main character" or whatever, when Cage wasn't ever "the main character" (Liu Kang was, if anybody was) AND they'd added in a new, actual white male main character. Their comment makes no sense as the movie is in no way woke, and I'm sure it pissed off a lot of people who would have seen the movie, like me. And make no mistake, if Cole is supposed to be Asian, he's like the whitest Asian guy ever. And also incredibly bland. So they omitted an extremely popular character, made it a racial thing, then proceeded to do the exact thing they said they didn't want to do.

I thought Cole was going to become Scorpion, not sure what the point of him existing was. His super power is literally Plot Armor.

I bet you could edit every Cole scene out of the movie and have the movie plot be completely un-disturbed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user