Mortal Online - UO Meets SWG

swedish_chef_sl

shitlord
Atleast from what I have read so far, anyone tried this? Been looking for an old school type mmo that lets you just do whatever you want...
GFX Remind me of Skyrim, so does the combat from what i've seen so far

F2P model seems to be subscription plans which I think is the only drawback (skills trainable to 60 i think if free, need sub for 100 etc...) But still gonna give it a try

http://www.mortalonline.com/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know what state the game is in, but when it released it was basically an alpha you had to pay and sub for. Even my friends who played Darkfall didn't bother with this. Mostly there was a horrible netcode so everything was warping/sliding around and you had rubberbanding all over the place, the UI was horrible and there was literally no content other than kill each other which due to the first issue wasn't even fun. That was like 3-4years ago though so it might be better now.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The game is/was shit. I would say that this is almost a shill post. Who would actually want to champion this game?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Another tutorial video, this one deals with PvP Flagging and some other stuff.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Fair enough, I am so starved for something new that holds my interest I was borderline shilling Wushu in the EQN thread. I am downloading this game now to give it a shot, if it blows I will be here to say so.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fair enough, I am so starved for something new that holds my interest I was borderline shilling Wushu in the EQN thread. I am downloading this game now to give it a shot, if it blows I will be here to say so.
Yeah, let us know. Trailers and youtube videos don't mean a lot, but I am liking what I'm seeing so far. I could give a shit less what the game was 3 or 4 years ago if its good now.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
So uh, I first heard about this from Broteam (a youtube'r). Video has some gameplay elements but overall his stuff is supposed to be comedy at the base level. I laughed at some of the stuff going on. Some of people speaking may not be SFW.

Spoilered for warning

DMK_sl

shitlord
Yeah this game was a complete failure when launched. I got no Idea why it's being put up here now.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Didn't have much time to play last night. First impressions were that the community sucks, the [Help] channel was just bitching and moaning. People telling "noobs to GTFO and let the real gamers play" so I am reading this while it takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to skin a pig so I can make some clothes.

Not a huge fan of First Person View melee, and you start out that way. I will probably give it an hour later today but I am not too hopeful after last night.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
It went free to play last week and I decided to give it a shot. Apparently so did a ton of other people. Because of so many new people, there were also highly geared people basically spawn camping the newbie area, so I didn't get much of a chance to see how it played. I figure I'll give it a shot next week when the first wave dies down if I still feel like it.

Bruman

Golden Squire
PVP game where newbs got camped?

No, sounds like you got to see exactly how the game plays.