Most memorable comic book moments

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Was just saying I read about it

Premise seemed cool, I don"t know how it was actually written... much like the Final Crisis premise seemed cool and we all know how that turned out ;p

Caliane

The whole darkest night thing was pretty disappointing.
A few nice points here and there, but mostly bad.

It did give us Dex-Star, Larfreeze, and magnificent bastard Max Lord, though.

Caliane said:
...and magnificent bastard Max Lord, though.
Unfortunatley, I have 0 interest in this whole plotline as he doesn"t mean anything to me. I know who he is and stuff, but I have no emotional investment in him or his storyline, so that whole JLI story arc just didn"t interest me at all.

Caliane

Zhaun"s_Shade said:
Unfortunatley, I have 0 interest in this whole plotline as he doesn"t mean anything to me. I know who he is and stuff, but I have no emotional investment in him or his storyline, so that whole JLI story arc just didn"t interest me at all.
Aw really?

Really that is the best stuff in cape comics right now. All of Booster Gold. And the comics that revolve around it. The setup in 52, Gen lost.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Dark Victory is just as good. Also I don"t think anyone has mentioned Gotham Central which I thought was really good, but I"m a big fan of most of Ed Brubaker"s work. Criminal is one of my top modern books. I also really like the batman series where the city was in the middle of some gang war following an earthquake or something. War Games, I think it was called.

Caliane

The Ancient said:
Dark Victory is just as good. Also I don"t think anyone has mentioned Gotham Central which I thought was really good, but I"m a big fan of most of Ed Brubaker"s work. Criminal is one of my top modern books. I also really like the batman series where the city was in the middle of some gang war following an earthquake or something. War Games, I think it was called.
Ah yeah. Man I was drawing a blank when trying to think of titles off the top of my head when he asked.
yesh, Brubaker is great.
Sleeper, Criminal and Incognito.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
Yep, it is. When he first comes visit her it is awesome, as she assumes it is Greyson who she doesn"t like.
Zhaun promise this"ll be my last question, do you know the actual comic/number this is in? I"m ordering some online right now and would like to add it.

Thanks in advance

Felonius said:
Zhaun promise this"ll be my last question, do you know the actual comic/number this is in? I"m ordering some online right now and would like to add it.

Thanks in advance
I found me a list. "The Road Home" is the must read I think, and everything after in normal books. The Return of Bruce Wayne and Time Masters is skippable, but guess RoBW #6 is worth reading.

I believe: Road Home: Catwoman is what you want, though she is in Bats Inc #1 & #2 also.

1. Batman & Robin 10
2. Batman & Robin 11
3. Batman & Robin 12
4. Batman 700
5. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne 1 ? (Early July)
6. Batman & Robin 13
7. Batman 701
8. Batman 702
9. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne 2 ? (Late July)
10. Time Masters: Vanishing Point 1 ? (July 25th)
11. Red Robin 15
12. Batman 703 ? (September 9th)
13. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne 3 ? (August)
14. Time Masters: Vanishing Point 2 ? (August 25th)
15. Batman & Robin 14
16. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne 4 ? (September)
17. Time Masters: Vanishing Point 3 ? (September 29th)
18. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne 5 ? (October 13th)
19. Time Masters: Vanishing Point 4 ? (October 27th)
20. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne 6 ? (November 10th)
21. Batman & Robin 15 ? (October 20th)
22. Red Robin 16
23. Road Home: Batman & Robin ? (October 13th)
24. Road Home: Red Robin ? (October 13th)
25. Road Home: Outsiders ? (October 13th)
26. Road Home: Batgirl ? (October 13th)
27. Road Home: Catwoman ? (October 20th)
28. Road Home: Commissioner Gordon ? (October 20th)
29. Road Home: Oracle ? (October 27th)
30. Road Home: Ra?s al Ghul ? (October 27th)
31. Batman & Robin 16 ? (November 3rd)
32. Batman: The Return ? (November 17th)
33. Batman, Inc. #1 ? (November 17th)
34. Batman 704
35. Red Robin 17

36. Time Masters: Vanishing Point 5 ? (November 17th)
37. Time Masters: Vanishing Point 6 ? (December 15th)

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Dude you"re my fucking hero, that is what I"ve been looking for for the last week.

Edit: Ordered all the bolded ones and have subscribed to 5 of the running comics

Red Robin
Batman
Batman Inc
Batman and Robin
Gotham City Sirens

Again thanks a lot zhaun, I"d + you but I already did

fucker said:
so, huh....for the 2nd time they are "killing" one of the fantastic four? when that issue is coming out?
The end of the last episode set all of them up so any of them could be killed right now. So I believe either the coming issue or the one after that should be the begining of the Three event, which will lead to a death of one of the original 4. I don"t know how long the event itself is... honestly, considering where they left the family last I read, any of them could be whacked in the next issue and the others could just deal with the "massive" fallout.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Ben Gimm is stuck in human form for like 8-12 more hours, and is defending the kids from an attack at their house from new Annihilus bug-people.

Johnny Storm is with Ben, fighting the bug-men.

Reed Richards is trying to save several million humans from Galactus... this is far more complicated than it sounds, but since Reed is near unkillable, I guess they wanted to bring Galactus in for it. This is also kind of some of Reeds "chickens ccoming home to roost" from a storyline a year or two ago.

Sue Richards is in the bottom of the ocean, currently trying to stop Namor & his people from wiping out a big faction of fish- and crustacean-people. Who Namor just revealed to her were amazingly evil and planning to kill her. Another slightly complex story developing over the past 10ish issues.

fucker_foh

shitlord
thats all cool. i give them 18 months to bring whoever died back

i rule out reed richards tho. he "died" already once. not even marvel can be so lame to repeat themself

...oh wait....

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Ben Grimm died too if I"m not mistaken. And didn"t all 4 of them die as part of the Onslaught saga? Hm...maybe their book just got canceled.

Troll_sl

shitlord
For someone who"s never read a DC comic (besides maybe a single Batman issue some 20 years ago), where should I start?

P.S. Superman is full homo, and you are too if you suggest I read those. Anything else is fine, though.

Troll said:
For someone who"s never read a DC comic (besides maybe a single Batman issue some 20 years ago), where should I start?

P.S. Superman is full homo, and you are too if you suggest I read those. Anything else is fine, though.
Why do you want to read DC? Would be my first question.

We just went over where Bat-family is in the past page or two.

There are 3 Green Lantern titles that are pretty good.

I don"t think I like anything else other than Secret Six from DC.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Throw the Green Lantern and Secret Six at me, then. I"m completely in the dark when it comes to DC (besides basically knowing the names of the big name heros and stuff).

Edit: And if there"s Superman stuff that"s a reeeeally good read, I"ll choke back my hatred and read em.