Most memorable comic book moments

nosf_foh

shitlord
Gimme 15 minutes, I"ll put it up for you.

Braen: That was in Ultimate X-men, the kid"s power was to dissolve organic material; he disintegrates people. I think it was Nick Fury who sent Wolverine tho. I have the issue somewhere, I"ll toss up some scans. It was a great issue for sure.

nosf_foh

shitlord
Here"s the issue in question. Kid wakes up, where"d everyone goes? He goes to school and kills everyone there, but doesn"t understand. Wolverine is sent to find out why 265 or so people are dead and tracks him to a cave.

Spans a couple posts.

nosf_foh

shitlord
Issue later, Xavier inquires why Fury owes him a favor, but Wolverine declines to answer. Fury knew all too well that one mutant who simply wound up with a bum power wasn"t reason to throw them all in internment camps.

nosf_foh

shitlord
Two greatest pages ever.

Ultimate version of Mr. Sinister who can"t be photographed or video taped sneaks in and takes care of Xavier.

MrGraham_foh

shitlord
The next to last one you posted is the worst drawing of Logan/Wolverine I"ve ever seen.

Actually it"s one of the worst drawn professional comics I"ve seen. Did that guy get to work long?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Right now I just don"t know what is going on with the mutant corner of the Marvel Universe. They just seem so fucking fucked all the time.

Caliane

MrGraham said:
The next to last one you posted is the worst drawing of Logan/Wolverine I"ve ever seen.

Actually it"s one of the worst drawn professional comics I"ve seen. Did that guy get to work long?
I think its just the colorist was mismatched. The lineart and colors don"t mesh well.

MrGraham_foh

shitlord
Caliane said:
I think its just the colorist was mismatched. The lineart and colors don"t mesh well.
Logan looks like Kurt Cobain.

The one where Wolvie is killing the walking death kid, is that in the Ultimate Universe or have they started drawing Wolvie like that normally now? I like the older look better.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
MrGraham said:
Logan looks like Kurt Cobain.

The one where Wolvie is killing the walking death kid, is that in the Ultimate Universe or have they started drawing Wolvie like that normally now? I like the older look better.
Ultimate.

And thanks Nosf.

Caliane

Thats ultimate x-men?

The art looks alot like Chris Bachalo.
But I"m not sure.

Ultimate xmen wiki lists Adam Kubert, then Mark brooks later.
This is Marks Deviant account. He is terrific, and that doesn"t look like his work to me.
diablo2003 on deviantART

Dom_foh

shitlord
Caliane said:
Thats ultimate x-men?

The art looks alot like Chris Bachalo.
But I"m not sure.

Ultimate xmen wiki lists Adam Kubert, then Mark brooks later.
This is Marks Deviant account. He is terrific, and that doesn"t look like his work to me.
diablo2003 on deviantART
That looks nothing like Bacahlo"s work.

But, the last number of posts have made me think of one of the main reasons I stopped reading comics, the fucking inconsistency of the artwork from issue to issue. God, think of Uncanny X-men back during Claremont"s run, I"d be surprised if there was more than 3-4 artists used in the entire 16 years.

Now, you"re lucky if the same artist does the same book for two issues in a row. It makes it really hard for me to get into a groove with the story. Not to mention the overly short plots and it just ruins it all for me.

nosf_foh

shitlord
It"s a pretty irritating trend. On the upside, there are times when we see guys like Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch sign up for 12 issues of Fantastic Four, and then extend to 16. Also, look at Bendis and Bagley on Ultimate Spider-man for what, 100+ issues?

nosf_foh

shitlord
MrGraham said:

I"m pretty sure that"s Mark Bagley, he drew Ultimate Spider Man for 100+ issues, and is now signed to DC. He"s a huge fan favorite, and I guess is one of the more reliable artists around. His art lacks detail, but if you check out USM, he does some excellent work. That"s basically how Logan looks in the Ultimate U, he doesn"t have the crazy hair.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I voted. But its going to come down to Superman vs Batman. In which case we already talked about that.