Most memorable comic book moments

SceleriS_foh

shitlord
Sentry seemed to be the only person able to calm the hulk down, maybe it works both ways, although after "the list" i have no clue what happened to the hulk.

Osborn made a fuckton of enemies over the past few years, hell even his Dark Avengers hate his guts(and venom prolly wants to eat his guts). Nick Fury wants SHIELD back, Thor wants him the fuck out of Asgard.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:How weird was it to see Thor get Roflstomped by Iron patriot, i mean the fucking GOD OF THUNDER.

Cap sort of REALLY wants a crack at him, i highly doubt Spiderman will stand a chance to get his few cents in.

And somehow i think Stark will wake up just in time to duke it out with him.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
SceleriS said:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:How weird was it to see Thor get Roflstomped by Iron patriot, i mean the fucking GOD OF THUNDER.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:To be fair, Sentry smashed Thor first, and it wasnt just Osborn. The U-Foes and Moonstone got shots in too

If anyone is going to be able to stop the Sentry, it will either be Thor, or like someone said wouldnt work above, Robert Reyolds personality reasserting itself (like it did to prevent the Void from killing his wife) and regaining control, perhaps destroying himself in the process.

Ionsniper_foh

shitlord
yeah I can see the Void popping out and causing some major havoc. Its been a while since he"s shown his face and with all the things Sentry has done lately its a good chance we will see him soon.

Killswitch_foh

shitlord
423014-1214022464244_super.jpg

Talen241_foh

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
SIEGE #3: OMGWTFAWESOME!
Agreed! Some people are complaining the pacing is off, but its the same people who complained the 8 issue event arcs are to slow. Next time they will know to try 6 issues I guess.

It was nice to see Spider-Man get his dig in on Osborn even though he really hasn"t been a spidey villain for the last year or so.

Caliane

This really never get posted?

All star Superman. Superman doesn"t have time to be fighting in civil wars, or Seige"s. He is too busy being awesome.

SceleriS_foh

shitlord
So superman saved emo kid"s life ....FAIL. He should have just given her a little push, THEN he"d be awesome.

i"ll read Siege instead. Where Cap is roflstomping people the oldfashioned way

I don"t think I"ve ever seen an event, when all the tie-in comics this month, 6? 8? All ended with the exact same event/point in time. So well done.

Dark Reign/Siege is the best event I have seen. All the "WTF" moments are being sorted out (the majority of Dark Avengers this month, actually takes place weeks/months ago in the actual timeline). As well as Siege itself, and the tie-ins, all... well... tieing together so well. I love that (aside from the previously mentioned ending-moment this month), a few comics actually "replay" points in time from different perspectives. Editing/writing masterpiece, Marvel gets lots of +cookies for this in my opinon.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I"ve been out of the Marvel universe for awhile(since Planet Hulk ended). Just went to look up stuff on Dark Reign/Siege. 258 comics related to Dark Reign? Jesus fuck. Which series can I skip?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Grimmlokk said:
So I"ve been out of the Marvel universe for awhile(since Planet Hulk ended). Just went to look up stuff on Dark Reign/Siege. 258 comics related to Dark Reign? Jesus fuck. Which series can I skip?
A majority of the story was told in the 4 Avengers books (The Initiative, Dark, Mighty and New) and the one shots. Also Thor 600 to now as well. Thor 600 to 606 ish isn"t really tied in officially, but it has a lot to do with Loki"s involvement.

But, more or else, ever sense you say you stopped reading, everything is involved in what is going now to a degree (Civil war stared this path, Secret invasion lead directly to Dark Reign leads directly to The Siege will lead directly to Heroic Age).

The Avengers books and One Shots are the most important, followed by the Avenger single hero books; Dark Wolverine mostly (which is about Daken now, not Wolverine since I guess they decided while he is on X-force and deeply involved in the mutant extinction storylines it was dumb for him to be very involved in the avengers. Not that he doesnt show up in the Avengers books still), Iron Man, War Machine and Spiderman. Ms. Marvel too I guess, but Ive never read that one.

The X Books don"t tie in that much (there is also a Dark X-men mini series), but at the same time the siege is going on, mutants are dealing with their own shit, and can be skipped.

Hulk and all the other mini series can be skipped for the most part.

Thunderbolts can be skipped for the most part, at least for dark reign. I wouldn"t skip any of the siege tie ins (except the one New Mutants book), especially since, like ZS said, all the books this month end at the same point, from a different visual angle.

That covers it to the best of what I remember. Its a lot of books.

The majority of the main Marvel comics set in mainstream earth after Secret Invasion have been somehow Dark Reign related. The Dark and New Avengers, Initiative, Secret Warriors have been the main plots (Mighty Avengers really hasn"t much other than 2 issues and was mostly terribad). Dark Xmen, plus lots of other limited runs like Sinister Spiderman, Dark Wolverine, etc. Honestly though, the whole thing has been pretty awesome.

Everything with "Siege" slapped on it should be read for sure though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting caught up on Deadpool and just saw this panel in #10.

DP1_2f9.jpg

And as soon as I saw it I thought "Hey, that"s that dude who locked his daughter in the basement for like 20 years!".

Josef_Fritzl_280_477364a_c97.jpg

Bring me up to speed here in quick terms. I haven"t read comics in years but still find the lore very interesting:

1) What"s up with all the different color power rings now? how did that happen and what"s each one mean?

2) What"s up with osborn? He rules and owns a bunch of shit? How did he get into that?

damastez_foh

shitlord
DisgruntledOrangatang said:
Bring me up to speed here in quick terms. I haven"t read comics in years but still find the lore very interesting:

1) What"s up with all the different color power rings now? how did that happen and what"s each one mean?

2) What"s up with osborn? He rules and owns a bunch of shit? How did he get into that?
1. Different Color = Different Emotional in the Emotional Spectrum, ie....blue is to hope, orange is to avarice, red is to rage....each emotion has their own respective Corps, weaknesses and strengths.

2. Norman seized power after the skrull invasion thanks to some deadpool heroics similar to Lex Luthor doing so in the D.C. universe.

That"s the short and skinny.

Here"s the Links if you get bored at work or whatever:

Power ring (DC Comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Secret Invasion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia