Most memorable comic book moments

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
What the fuck kind of ending was that to Siege? Did they just nerf Sentry at the end of the battle? I also like how easy it was to convince Thor to change his mind.

SceleriS_foh

shitlord
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Sentry pretty much stopped himself, by turning into robert and beg for them to kill him, So pretty much the Sentry killed the Void. Thor being pissed that Void ripped a second god in half i think didn"t have too much trouble bashing his skull in. Great ending though where SHIELD finally gets the boss they needed, and who can get shit done.

I think it"s about damn time the superheroes get their hands dirty and don"t really try not to kill anyone. Pretty much only Wolverine and Hulk were ever the guys to do the really dirty work when it was needed, but there"s been a change lately where the other superheroes realise that desperately trying to not kill anyone is not going to get shit done.

I loved the ending albeit a bit rushed, could have easily been a double feature with the epilogue and everything.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Yeah but...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Didn"t Molecule Man completely destroy all of Sentry"s molecules and he resurrected. Didn"t he also get decapitated by Morgana and still resurrect? I think of the death"s he has received, being electrocuted isn"t that bad considering Daken even healed from being smoked by Thor?

SceleriS_foh

shitlord
ok but

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Being cast into the sun somewhat makes me convinced he won"t be back for a while.
Sentry was a Deux Ex machina for Marvel, whenever they turn into a corner they cannot get out of POOF here comes the sentry. See WWH, Civil war. Sentry has always been too strong for anyone to kill but mainly by surrendering himself he might at last find peace.....for a while.

Leviothan said:
Yeah but...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Didn"t Molecule Man completely destroy all of Sentry"s molecules and he resurrected. Didn"t he also get decapitated by Morgana and still resurrect? I think of the death"s he has received, being electrocuted isn"t that bad considering Daken even healed from being smoked by Thor?
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Those people also killed the Sentry/Void, not Bob. When was the last time we"ve seen him in that skrawny form? Pretty sure their attacks weakened the Void enough, so Bob could exert his will and give them a chance to end it. I think they knew that there was no way to capture him and that was the chance to get rid of him.

Anyways. Siege 4 was good, not great, not bad. Sentry - Fallen Sun was fucking awful. But the wrap ups of the final issues of New Avengers and Dark Avengers were both fantastic.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
The wrap up to Dark and New Avengers were both very good. I dunno about you but I"m looking forward to the team for the Secret Avengers over the unveiling of the "New" Avengers roster.

Leviothan said:
The wrap up to Dark and New Avengers were both very good. I dunno about you but I"m looking forward to the team for the Secret Avengers over the unveiling of the "New" Avengers roster.
Well, I guess there are going to be 3 Avengers teams (Secret, Normal and ?Thunderbolts?Inititive?) and then the Avengers acadamy I guess. So should have 4 teams unveiled shortly.

From previews I have seen, Secret team looks the most interesting and Acadamy team the least. But, I liked the "noob superhero" shtick from eary Inititive, so who knows. I just don"t find the characters too interesting.

Stroker Ace_foh

shitlord
Anyone getting Thanos Imperative: Ignition tomorrow? Almost sounds like they are hinting to set Thanos up to be the "good guy" as there is some Universe vs. Cancerverse talk in the interviews.

Looks like an interesting premise and great art if anyone likes the Cosmic aspect of Marvel comics.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Siege series = win

Spoiler for Size
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
Sentry.jpg

Sentry.jpg

Zinke_foh

shitlord
So, I haven"t read the last siege comics, but did we get any more info on what exactly the power behind the Sentry is? We got hints it was Christian in origin, or had been involved with events from the bible in any case, but did we get any clarification on that?

p.s. you can completely spoil it for me, I don"t care, just curious. I"ll still check out the comics for the execution.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sutekh said:
Spider man in the new heroic age, is awesome..
I LOL"d pretty hard. Spider Man is hilarious in the Avengers. The universe is getting ready to blow up, and he"s cracking inappropriate jokes.

Zinke said:
So, I haven"t read the last siege comics, but did we get any more info on what exactly the power behind the Sentry is? We got hints it was Christian in origin, or had been involved with events from the bible in any case, but did we get any clarification on that?

p.s. you can completely spoil it for me, I don"t care, just curious. I"ll still check out the comics for the execution.
Not really? If it was spelled out for us, I never saw it and I followed SIEGE pretty closely.

He was just an amazingly powerful, ancient, biblical-level, engine of destruction, and I think they left it at that. To make the point of how powerful he was, without defining it and perhaps cheapening it?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zinke said:

Click spoiler at your own risk, basically spoils the entire Dark Avengers off shot for the Siege comic.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Sentry - He was a crack head that broke in to a scientist lab and drank some mysterious serum the scientist had because he thought it would get him high. After doing so it gave him the power of a million suns. "The void" was basically Sentry"s dark side, when he drank the serum and gained the power he tried to use that to turn his life around and stop being a murderer/thief/drug addict and become a hero. But in turn became addicted to the serum which eventually led to his body kind of being torn in two, the Sentry his good intentions/will and The Void being everything bad inside of him. Also the comic kind of hints Galactus is corrupting him.

His story as told by Lindy, this is what he told her after they were married.
Untitled-28.jpg

Untitled-25.jpg

Untitled-29.jpg

His wife Lindy tries killing him because she see"s what he really is and knows his whole story instead of the fake one he told to the public.
Untitled-12.jpg

Sentry trying to kill himself by flying in to the Sun so Lindy doesn"t get killed by The Void.(he failed)
Untitled-14.jpg

The Void taking over.
Untitled-16.jpg

"The Void" takes over his body and tries to destroy the city after Lindy tries killing him, because Bob the good side of him won"t let The Void kill Lindy. So he"s trying to get Lindy to kill herself by knowing she caused the destruction and death of millions of people.
Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

Norman Osborn has Bullseye (who"s in Hawkeyes outfit) kill Lindy as they"re trying to evacuate The Avengers Head Quarters because Norman tried to attack Dr.Doom and Doom fucked his shit up.
Untitled-2.jpg

Lastly The Void and The Sentry nearly becoming whole as his anger and hate fuse with his normal self.
Untitled-18.jpg

There"s much more, like where thenewavengers actually kill the Sentry. But I think this sums up the questions asked before.
Story time"s over.

Untitled-28.jpg

Untitled-25.jpg

Untitled-29.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled-14.jpg

Untitled-16.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-18.jpg

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Can anyone recommend a good site(besides Wikipedia) that lists like a timeline of all the TP"s collecting issues of The Avengers(Mighty, Secret, New... whatever they are called now)?

For the past weeks I have been trying to catch up to what has happend for the past 10 years in the Universe... X-Men side was easy since Wikipedia had nice list of the names of all the TP"s etc, so I ended up buying all the TP"s for X-Men(Uncanny, Legacy, Astonishing...) as well as X-Force and X-Factor, but I am having a hard time finding a suitable reference list for the Avengers.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not really sure of sites, but a really good story line ..

Secret Invasion series -- Dark Reign --- Siege --- Heroic age.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Sutekh said:
Not really sure of sites, but a really good story line ..

Secret Invasion series -- Dark Reign --- Siege --- Heroic age.
Yeah, I picked up the TP for Secret Invasion and Dark Reign(can"t get Siege or Heroic here in Sweden yet), and even though they are good it always ends with me thinking WTF?(people I thought were dead are back, people who I thought had lost powers now have em back, person x is now missing etc...) Because they are so many issues/storylines I am missing... before, in between and after by only reading the few standalone TP"s of events.

Tried doing the same with the X-Men storylines , but it felt like I was missing out on to much good stories, so I just said fuck it and bought all the TP"s as mentioned before.

Now I want to do the same with The Avengers, but its a mess trying to come back into comics and figuring it all out, since the only good info site seems to be Wikipedia... Marvels site is horrible.