Most memorable comic book moments

Caliane said:
That is awful.
I"m generally opposed to half-nekkid superheroines, so I"m glad she is putting some more clothes on. I do agree though that I can"t say I like the new outfit otherwise.

Of course, it seems like she is in some kind of alternate world in the comic, so who knows how long it wil last.

Caliane

Zhaun"s_Shade said:
I"m generally opposed to half-nekkid superheroines, so I"m glad she is putting some more clothes on. I do agree though that I can"t say I like the new outfit otherwise.

Of course, it seems like she is in some kind of alternate world in the comic, so who knows how long it wil last.
That would be a great new costume for Black Canary. Considering it pretty much is Black Canary"s costume, with black pants instead of fishnets.
And silly WW gauntlets. They leave a W in the face of the people she punches? really? REALLY? oh, ffs.

The whole thing is really dated 20 years ago.
1980"s Rogue, or Black Canary.

I find the whole, attempts to make costumes politically correct fairly stupid. Superheros are very similar to rock stars. And when is the last time one of them dressed particularly PC?
Powergirl is probably the most popular female comic character right now. Both male and female. and probably the best portrayed at the same time.
And look at her costume.

Dis

Confirmed Male
meStevo said:
When I was considering a marvel sub a few months ago, they didn"t even have Civil War 1-7, and that was out in 2006. At a glance they still have no way to view entire runs of a crossover either. You should be able to bring up a page for any given event, like Civil War, have it appear in a list like the checklists you see in the comics themselves, and click through a series. Missing common sense stuff like this makes me think they"re content with the money it"s making as-is and are just tossing on new issues at their leisure, and not improving the service

Even if I wanted to read just a single series, they appear mangled in some cases... Amazing Spider Man... newest issue is 612 from November... but then it skips back to 606, 602, 599....
Yes, I subbed for a month, and found exactly that, huge gaps in crossover series, Onslaught for instance, Civil War for another. Xmen series is missing, which I got into, after I think march 2008 issues, they just stop.

I have read all I could and am still doing so until my sub finishes out, just plain dumb how Marvel has it set up, they could charge 15 bucks a month, and I would sub if it had their whole inventory digital ready with maybe a 3 month lag time.

I just dont understand the logic of it.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
The only rationalization I can make is they are raking in the dough on TPBs in addtion a lack of ambition and a general mismanagement of the strategy of their digital unlimited service.

Caliane

DC recent just partnered with Comixology.
comiXology - Pull, Rate, Preview, Discuss

I"ve been railing on both for lack of digital distribution.
And what that does exist is/was only iphone/itunes/ipad. which was completely retarded.

I could have sworn comixology was only itunes last I checked.
But it is usable on pc now.
The service is a bit poorly designed.
To actually buy and read comics, you have to click the read comics with guided view banner. The rest of the sites links, are all just fan interaction, but not actually reading or buying them. which is a bit confusing.

The actual number of comics online is still very limited as well. They need to catch up.
Price is a bit silly. Older comics are 1.99, while new releases seem to be 2.99. Paying full comic shop price for digital is retarded.

Are you shitting me Marvel? Vampires in X-Men? Fuck you.

We need a "Vampires? In my X-Men? It"s more likely than you think." pic-thing.

Anyways, Brightest Day is still dumb. Damian-Robin-Awesomeness in 2 different comics this week. Fuck yeah Daredevil! And... Kind of a weak week I guess.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
This week was just a bunch of reprintings. I stupidly bought the MoonKnight comic... giving it a fourth chance at redemption in my heart but I still don"t like it. I don"t think the character sucks but I hate the writers they choose.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Double Post:

What are some good DC comics to read that don"t really involve Batman or Superman? I always try once a year to give DC a shot at their comics but aside from Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and somehow Wonder Woman, I don"t think DC can manage to make an interesting character. I grabbed Flash last week and it wasn"t bad and I think I"m going to purchase the follow up issue. Is there any other team based or solo hero that is actually worth reading in DC?

Leviothan said:
Double Post:

What are some good DC comics to read that don"t really involve Batman or Superman? I always try once a year to give DC a shot at their comics but aside from Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and somehow Wonder Woman, I don"t think DC can manage to make an interesting character. I grabbed Flash last week and it wasn"t bad and I think I"m going to purchase the follow up issue. Is there any other team based or solo hero that is actually worth reading in DC?
I read Bat-family books (seemingly going down hill with this Bruce Wayne stuff), Lantern-books (tainted by Brightest Day) and Secret Six I think it is called. Oh, and I guess the two "chick books" Gotham City Sirens (guess that could be a bat-family, but it is fun) and Birds of Prey (not enjoying it much, but I"m a Gail Simone fan I guess).

Secret Six is cool as it is basicly a group of villans working for hire.

Honeslty... JLA, JSA, Titans... and most of the rest of the DC stuff now is kinda crap. I think I"m reading 90% Marvel or somthing now. Seriously... what have I read this week from DC that was good? Batman & Robin and Red Robin

Caliane

Zhaun"s_Shade said:
I read Bat-family books (seemingly going down hill with this Bruce Wayne stuff), Lantern-books (tainted by Brightest Day) and Secret Six I think it is called. Oh, and I guess the two "chick books" Gotham City Sirens (guess that could be a bat-family, but it is fun) and Birds of Prey (not enjoying it much, but I"m a Gail Simone fan I guess).

Secret Six is cool as it is basicly a group of villans working for hire.

Honestly... JLA, JSA, Titans... and most of the rest of the DC stuff now is kinda crap. I think I"m reading 90% Marvel or somthing now. Seriously... what have I read this week from DC that was good? Batman & Robin and Red Robin
I find myself reading more and more DC.

Powergirl, Booster gold, JL:Generations lost, Red Robin, Batman and Robin, Birds of prey, secret six, The Flash.

For the guy that asked, you may want some "setup" comics. 52, Detective comics with the intro of Batwoman, Seven Soldiers, Batman R.I.P.

Some indies:
Izombie is neat, Atomic Robo is amazing, Beasts of Burden is great.

Caliane said:
I find myself reading more and more DC.

Powergirl, Booster gold, JL:Generations lost, Red Robin, Batman and Robin, Birds of prey, secret six, The Flash.

For the guy that asked, you may want some "setup" comics. 52, Detective comics with the intro of Batwoman, Seven Soldiers, Batman R.I.P.

Some indies:
Izombie is neat, Atomic Robo is amazing, Beasts of Burden is great.
Yes, Power Girl is good, forgot about that. But it is... it isn"t for everyone, it is a bit more "light" than most.

Booster Gold is Ok, but I wouldn"t miss it if I never read another issue either. LJ: Generation Lost only seems good if you are a fan of Booster or JLI I guess, between that and it"s Brightest Day taint, I don"t care for it.

I can"t say if new Flash is good. I don"t like it, but I never liked the "old" Flash either (I like the guy with the helmet better actually), so I have no interest.

Right now, the extended family of Avengers comics alone consist of more titles than the few DC ones I like.

Troll said:
I"m getting excited aboutDeadpool Corps.

He"s gone cosmic.
After the month of "Lets make a deadpool variant cover for all our big comics and put him in half the books we release this month!" I think I"ve had enough of Deadpool, thanks.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There will be moreOld Man Logan.

Marvel Greenlights Old Man Logan

I like the e-mail exchange between Millar and Joe Q.

On Jun 30, 2010, at 4:37 PM,Mark Millarwrote:

My dear Joe,
You know that Old Man Logan sequel I?ve had in my head since last year? The one I was swearing I was going to write? Well, I was flying home from a wee break last night and I mapped out about half of it. Very excited about it and would love to get going on it towards the end of the year.
You game?
MM

On 1 Jul 2010, at 05:39,JoeyDaQwrote:

My dearest Scotish Bastard:
Give me a day to th?YES!!!!!

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
After the month of "Lets make a deadpool variant cover for all our big comics and put him in half the books we release this month!" I think I"ve had enough of Deadpool, thanks.
As much as I love Deadpool, Marvel is killing him by throwing him into EVERY fucking comic. He has like 5 comics out too.
Deadpool
Deadpool Merc With a Mouth
Deadpool Team Up
Deadpool Wade Wilson"s War
Deadpool Corps

I was collecting DP and DP:MWM and some of the Corps one but I decided the only one worth a damn is the Deadpool comic. The others just give him more of an excuse to branch off into every other comic created in the universe.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Anyone know where the Cosmic stuff is at these days? I really haven"t read anything in about a decade and just recently kinda started picking them up again (have read the Annihilation and Zombies -> Deadpool MWM/Corps arcs, but that"s about it).

Any suggestions on what else I should pick up?

Troll said:
Anyone know where the Cosmic stuff is at these days? I really haven"t read anything in about a decade and just recently kinda started picking them up again (have read the Annihilation and Zombies -> Deadpool MWM/Corps arcs, but that"s about it).

Any suggestions on what else I should pick up?
It should be in the Thanos Imperitive titles, but now that I think about it... I don"t think I"ve seen one for a month or two.

War of Kings event and somthing else I can"t recall were like the bridges between Annihilation/Conquest and Thanos Imperitive I think.