Most memorable comic book moments

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Troll said:
Anyone know where the Cosmic stuff is at these days? I really haven"t read anything in about a decade and just recently kinda started picking them up again (have read the Annihilation and Zombies -> Deadpool MWM/Corps arcs, but that"s about it).

Any suggestions on what else I should pick up?
Spent the last couple of months buying comics from the last decade so this is what I have bought involving the cosmic parts.

Annihilation->Annihilation: Conquest->War of Kings->Realm of Kings-> The Thanos Imperative

Haven"t gotten a hold of the Thanos part yet, since it isnt out in TP. But bought pretty much everything listed in the collected edition sections... as well as some more stuff. For more info on the Vulcan storyline, you should first read(before War of Kings)...
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:X-Men: Deadly Genesis -> Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire -> Emperor Vulcan

meStevo_foh

shitlord
wtf are they doing to the beast, first they make him look more feline and now he"s a photoshop away from looking like a fat Chester the Cheetah in the new Uncanny X-Men: The Heroic Age #1

Troll_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that"s confusing me. But then color me confused when it comes to anything involving the X-Men these days...

meStevo said:
wtf are they doing to the beast, first they make him look more feline and now he"s a photoshop away from looking like a fat Chester the Cheetah in the new Uncanny X-Men: The Heroic Age #1
That was his appearance from S.W.O.R.D. limited series. It was more of a "fun" comic and the artist decided to have a little fun with McCoy, since we don"t get to see his "fun" side enough latley. I enjoyed it.

If you read the full Uncanny X-Men: The Heroic Age #1, how Beast normally looks in the begining is his "normal" appearance. The wierd horse-thing-form is just used for lighter stuff and I thought it fit the tone of that segment with Molly well (which was a cool segment as we often forget about her as a "mutant").

Just finished the comic and I enjoyed it a fair amount... except the end I guess.

Zinke_foh

shitlord
So, we"ve had this question before, but my old standby site hasnt worked for a few months. Where do you guys go to download comics?
Before anyone gets all defensive, I actually do buy comics (especially indie comics or good graphic novel versions), but I can"t afford to buy as many titles as I like to read. Also, some titles I only enjoy a little bit, not enough to buy, but I still like to read them occassionally.

I used to just use isohunt, which would have weekly and monthly packs for DC and Marvel on there. But, they stopped being a legit torrent site recently, due to some crack downs.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Demonoid is my go to for finding suggested stuff before I pay money for it.

If you are looking for specific single issues, especially close to when they come out, the 4chan RS page actually works if you can manage the searching.

/rs/ - Rapidshares

Troll_sl

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
p.s. New Avengers #2 made me all tingly with the awesomeness that is New Avengers #2.

p.p.s Why does Daken still have his own book?
Daken seems to be one of those characters that the kid of one of the writers just LOVES, so they keep him in, because, "Everyone loves him!"

Troll_sl

shitlord
From a series called Transhuman (Jonathan Hickman, Image).

It"s not every day that you see a comic deal with the serious issue of monkey rape.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Troll said:
From a series called Transhuman (Jonathan Hickman, Image).

It"s not every day that you see a comic deal with the serious issue of monkey rape.
Less rare than you think!

Powers #31, the legendary monkey issue=)

Zinke_foh

shitlord
So, after darkest night in DC, and Siege in Marvel, is there anything interesting going on? I"m about to catch up on the last year or two of cosmic events in Marvel, so I"m caught up with the Thanos Imperative events (always liked Thanos, and digging what I saw of the cancerverse). Also, getting Avengers #1 and so forth, but wasn"t sure what other titles are kicking it now since those events.

Zinke said:
So, after darkest night in DC, and Siege in Marvel, is there anything interesting going on? I"m about to catch up on the last year or two of cosmic events in Marvel, so I"m caught up with the Thanos Imperative events (always liked Thanos, and digging what I saw of the cancerverse). Also, getting Avengers #1 and so forth, but wasn"t sure what other titles are kicking it now since those events.
After the crap that was Darkest Night, the abortion that is Brightest Day is going on. I can"t tell you what it is about other than it is crap.

Shadowlands (marvel) is actually more interesting that expected. Dardevil has put a japanese castle full of ninja into Hell"s kitchen and is cleaning up the bad guys with a bit of the old "ultra violence", while all his buddies go "WTF?!"

Thanos Imperitive is interesting, but it seems limited to only a few books so feels very slow.

I have been enjoying the hell out of all of the Avengers titles and their offshoots, though they all seem to have all their own storyline.

At some point I fell in man-love with Steve Rogers so have been following everything with him in it and haven"t been dissapointed.

Oh, and the current Superman (core book only) is being run my Strazinski and I have been loving it.

Basicly, DC is sucking at the moment. I went from mostly following DC titles to now mostly following Marvel during Dark Reign and Final Crisis to now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
Basicly, DC is sucking at the moment. I went from mostly following DC titles to now mostly following Marvel during Dark Reign and Final Crisis to now.
I heard the same thing from one of my friends that is a HUGE comic book lover. He sounded really depressed about how bad DC has been.

Grimmlokk said:
I heard the same thing from one of my friends that is a HUGE comic book lover. He sounded really depressed about how bad DC has been.
It really is dissapointing.

The Bat-Family comics were good for a bit, but have kind of petered-out to mediocracy. Return of Bruce Wayne hasn"t interested me at all.

JLA/JSA has been weak.

Flash only seems to be interesting if you are a big Flash Fan.

Green Lantern titles are kinda picking back up after the Blackest Night shit. Emerald Warriors (I think) and Corps are both Brightest Day free I believe.

Wonder Woman has rebooted and I think made me care less.

I don"t read Titans, but from what I understand that has been shit for years.

I"m trying to think... Sinister Six is I think the only DC title I look forward to, and Batman & Robin, Red Robin and Batgirl don"t make me feel like I pissed away my time reading.

edit: Sorry, sorry: Superman 700+ with Strazynski I like too. I just forget about Superman Family books as they all went to shit before this (and the other titles still are I think).

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
edit: Sorry, sorry: Superman 700+ with Strazynski I like too. I just forget about Superman Family books as they all went to shit before this (and the other titles still are I think).
Which sucks extra because the All-Star Superman they started in "05 was so promising. First Superman book I read in a long time I liked, but it was going to shit by about the 6th issue.