Most memorable comic book moments

Caliane

I think Carol was busy being raped by her other dimensional baby-husband when Ghostbusters came out.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
For some reason I was expecting some halfway serious story against the backdrop of the Infinity Gauntlet story arc with this Avengers & The Infinity Gauntlet... color me disappointed when it reads like a poor Saturday morning cartoon in comic book form.

meStevo said:
For some reason I was expecting some halfway serious story against the backdrop of the Infinity Gauntlet story arc with this Avengers & The Infinity Gauntlet... color me disappointed when it reads like a poor Saturday morning cartoon in comic book form.
I don"t understand the point of this comic. I do know a Somthing Awful Goon worked on it, but that is it.

I read it and just shruged my shoulders 1/4 of the way in and skipped the rest.

Hmmm, I"d like to throw out that that I really like Thunderbolts now. Interesting stuff.

I especially like the treatment of Walker, the former U.S. Agent.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally read throughBlack Summer. Years behind, I know.

One of the best comic book speeches ever at the end of that. And man Warren Ellis comes up with some great shit. That said, the art on this series really detracted from the story for me. Every panel was just way too busy, the action was almost impossible to follow.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Hah, I just finished reading that one a couple of minutes ago.

I can"t fucking get enough of Invincible. I need that shit to come out weekly.

I enjoyed Shadowlands: Moon Knight. I"ve always had kind of a soft spot for Moon Knight though.

The 2-page at the end of Superman/Batman, with the exchange between old-man Conner and old-man Damian I really like.

Wonder Woman and Generation Lost still fail to catch my interest (Though some of the diaolgue/character interaction in Generation Lost was good, the story is still dumb).

Batman 702 was great, I am enjoying the fill-ins for RIP and basically a Return of Bruce Wayne intro, even if the actual Return still hasn"t done much for me.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have never been a big comic collector or reader. I have my favorites, and I have bought some specific things I really wanted. I am looking to try and pick up a few more, any recommendations for a site?

Caliane

Chanur said:
I have never been a big comic collector or reader. I have my favorites, and I have bought some specific things I really wanted. I am looking to try and pick up a few more, any recommendations for a site?
to buy? amazon, barnes and noble, twfa.com(comic direct store), comixology

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah to buy sorry. Wanted some older Barker comics, AVP, maybe some Conan and Hulk. That kind of stuff.

Zeste_foh

shitlord
Anyone here know that Wolverine comic where he"s chained up in a holding cell of some sort, and a guy with a big machinegun sits and just shoots at him all day for his job? I know it"s been posted on here before, but I have no idea what comic or story it"s from.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zeste said:
Anyone here know that Wolverine comic where he"s chained up in a holding cell of some sort, and a guy with a big machinegun sits and just shoots at him all day for his job? I know it"s been posted on here before, but I have no idea what comic or story it"s from.
I remember that. I"ll get you an answer shortly, in the meantime enjoy this.

edit: Wolverine #56
The Man in the Pit

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Right now the only things that I"m excited for are Avengers Academy, Batman and Robin, The Thanos Imperative, and Irredeemable.

I"d like to see what happens next in Supergod and No Hero but I have no idea how much of either has been released or when the next issues are on the way.

Caliane

I was considering starting a new thread for the 2.99 comic thing.

I haven"t been to the comic ship in a few months now. Im a bit behind. Keep saying I"ll go, but dont.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
For me comics have been awesome for the past couple of months... but then again I have been reading up on years of Marvel comics... just getting to Siege now...150+ TPB"s later.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Zinke said:
so, like, have comics actually been sucking so bad that no one posts in this thread anymore?
Yup. I"ve taken to reading the old comic books over the new ones. Can"t remember too many memorable moments from the new comics. Alot of the new ones are just flat out suck.