Most memorable comic book moments

Column_sl

shitlord
Tramddark Luxdeorum said:
After this latest one with the Kage"s, I think I can say definitively that this war would be about five times better without having a lot of dramatic build up to how strong these people are. Having several in a row of talking before a fight is screwing up the pacing.
Think you are in the wrong thread lol

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Column, you were right about Loeb/Sale failing on one Batman story.

I read Haunted Knight and it was good 2/3rds of the way in. The Scarecrow and Mad Hatter stories were great character peices as a way to show how they got to Arkham in the first place.

When I got to the Scrooge remake however, I was like what the gay is this.

Anyways everything else by them Batman-wise is great. I"ve reread Long Halloween and Dark Victory about 4 times in the last 2 weeks, it"s just that paramount to who Batman is. Catwoman: When in Rome is on its way and I"ll update after that. It being the last Loeb story in the Batman universe I have yet read.

Column_sl

shitlord
O wait to you read his Marvel stuff hehe.

Really everything after his son died has been pretty bad.

Not sure he has the heart to do it anymore,BUT that being said his Worlds Finest/Batman stories are some of my favorite comics ever.

Loved Hush, Long Halloween, Public Enemies etc

Felonius_sl

shitlord
I"m sticking with Batman or Batman like characters so I may never know

I just can"t get into a comic unless it"s characters are humans who go out of their way to stop crime etc. I was liking Loeb because it"s like reading a 1950"s crime story with costumes.

When the heroes (or villains) start having beyond belief powers I generally put it down. Hush so far was really the only exception, with clayface/killer croc being in it, let it slide since they were in it for only a brief period each.

This sadly just about kills Marvel for me because everyone is a Mutant, has some sort of super serum, or is from outerspace. Not to say it doesn"t have a place for those who enjoy it, just not my cup of tea.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Leviothan said:
I fucking hate Jeph Loeb. All he does is shove a million man rogue"s gallery into a prolonged fucking story that has little depth.
Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush; Little depth?

TheRidic_foh

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
Except I bet none of them spoiled who it was in the headline, and by *GASP* not reading the articles, people were able to avoid the spoiler.

I completely avoided knowing who it was until I came here and people posted it unspoiled.

But yeah, Grimm, we should probably have this just renamed "The comic thread" or somthing.
Actually, Yahoo"s Headline Tuesday morning was:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:After 50 Years, Marvel Extinguishes The Human Torch

Minus the spoiler tags of course. Ruined my fucking morning....

Zeste_foh

shitlord
What"s strange is that they never killed one and brought them back already.

Johnny Storm and the Human Torch will be back. How anyone treats this as anything other than just another marketing stunt is beyond me.

Hopefully next month we get

- Human Torch Prime
- Cyborg Torch
- I"m a black man Torch
- Torch Boy

Caliane

The first human torch was a robot.

Even johnny has died before. All of the FF have, most at least twice.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Felonius said:
Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush; Little depth?
If you couldn"t guess who Hush was the moment they introduced this new "surgeon" character, you have to be a complete downie. You end up waiting issue after issue just for them to tell you the fucking obvious with a bunch of cameos. There wasn"t a moment in the Hush storyline where I was like "OH SHIETHIT I CUNT BELEVE IT!"

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Well, really glad I picked up Kingdom Come. Was a great read.

Also picked up,
Locke & Key
Superman: Earth One
Irredeemable
more Invincible
more Powers
+ some new Marvel HC"s

Anyone got some input on Fables, Scalped, Chew?

Oh, if you like "normal humans" or "somthing different" from comics, the past dozen or so issues of Action Comics (normally Superman) have been all about Lex Luthor and following him post-Blackest Night.

He is searching for Black Ring power to become powerful and has a wierd "Lois". Guest starring several other bad guys and Death!

Man, that Fantastic Four was awesome. I am so pissed it got spoilered for me as you otherwise don"t know who it will be until the last 4-5 pages. Damn.

Caliane

darkblue said:
Well, really glad I picked up Kingdom Come. Was a great read.

Also picked up,
Locke & Key
Superman: Earth One
Irredeemable
more Invincible
more Powers
+ some new Marvel HC"s

Anyone got some input on Fables, Scalped, Chew?
Fables is great. although, I"m not up to date with anything past like 70.

Szlia

Substituting just for a post spandex for gore-tex, there is a comic book moment that haunts me, so it seems this thread is fit for sharing it. It"s in Tanigushi"s Kamigami no Itadaki (Le sommet des Dieux in its french translation), a manga about mountain climbing. A journalist is trying to track down a legendary climber. Anyway, at some point he does and at some point later they have a chat and the climber said the following thing (I paraphrase): "When Hillary was asked why he wanted to climb the Everest, his answer was: "Because It is here." If you were to ask me the same question, my answer would be: "Because I am here.""

The splash page for this statement is so powerful and the statement itself is so strong that it makes the reader stagger.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Any thoughts if Batwoman, Batgirl, and Birds are worth reading as of current? Considering adding those to the 7 Batman comics I currently collect.

Also is there a monthly Catwoman or has that ended? Couldn"t find anything on it via googlefu.

Thanks in advance