Most memorable comic book moments

Felonius said:
Any thoughts if Batwoman, Batgirl, and Birds are worth reading as of current? Considering adding those to the 7 Batman comics I currently collect.

Also is there a monthly Catwoman or has that ended? Couldn"t find anything on it via googlefu.

Thanks in advance
Batwoman seems to have been dumped from any monthly title. She is still out there, but Detective Comics, which previously featured her, has switched back to featuring Batman.

Batgirl is great. Though it is a bit "girly/fun", which may not be for everyone.

Birds are mediocre, unless you follow one or more of the characters (Oracle is in it), it isn"t that great.

Catwoman has no mothly other than Gotham City Sirens.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
Batwoman seems to have been dumped from any monthly title. She is still out there, but Detective Comics, which previously featured her, has switched back to featuring Batman.

Batgirl is great. Though it is a bit "girly/fun", which may not be for everyone.

Birds are mediocre, unless you follow one or more of the characters (Oracle is in it), it isn"t that great.

Catwoman has no mothly other than Gotham City Sirens.
Alright thanks man, I"ll skip Birds but start grabbing Batgirl, I assume Oracle is in that as well? (she was in the Batgirl: Batman returns one shot)

GCS is 1 of the 7 mentioned but thanks for the Catwoman update.

And I think there is a monthly Batwoman, or atleast one starting. In one of the recent detective comics there was an add for Batwoman #0, stating on it that there was a monthly coming, just didn"t know if it had already arrived.

Thanks as always though Zhaun

edit: The add in question is in Batman 704, but I"m pretty sure I saw it in others as well

Yeah, "Batgirl" comic is in fact new-new Batgirl (formerly Spoiler), old-old Batgirl (now Oracle) and some other cripple chick named "Proxy" who is Calculator"s daughter or somthing.

In Birds Oracle has 2-3 wierd boy-toy-slaves that help her out and works out of some wierd Seattle Tower looking thing in Gotham. However, in Batgirl she has none of this and operates out of some basement or somthing, occasionally with Proxy"s help.

forced_foh

shitlord
What site is recommended for comic torrents that keeps up to date? Went to the book store the other day and seeing a bunch of graphic novels/collections and skimming this thread makes me feel like I"ve missed a lot of good stories this past decade.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Anyone read Chronicles of Telara? 4 part mini-series based off the new game, looking to get some feed back before I buy. Any comments are appreciated

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Leviothan said:
The Telara comics are a boring clusterfuck that don"t really divulge into anything you couldn"t read lore-wise on the web site.
Untrue. Theres actually a part I went researching for for 5 or so hours and couldn"t find and someone had to tell me a part of the comics so that lore (that isn"t on any website or in-game) could be understood.

*I know theres lore and will probably buy them just because of this* Anyone have an opinion of them being interesting?

vidarc_foh

shitlord
forced said:
What site is recommended for comic torrents that keeps up to date? Went to the book store the other day and seeing a bunch of graphic novels/collections and skimming this thread makes me feel like I"ve missed a lot of good stories this past decade.
Waffles.fm is pretty good for comic torrents. Every week they have a mega pack of all the releases for the week. Just pick and choose what you want, so you don"t have to download the whole 2.5 gigs. If you need an invite, just send me a PM with your email. Have invited all my friends by now so I always have invites available.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
So the FF is ending and they"re starting a new FF? The Future Foundation? And adding Spider-Man to the team? So Spider-Man has his own title(s?), is an Avenger, and will now also be part of this FF team?

detail.jpg

Spider-Man Joins the FF | Fantastic Four | Comic News | News | Marvel.com

I guess continuity between non-crossover titles has never been too big a deal in the Marvel Universe, but it seemed to be less trampled on when I paid a little more attention 15+ years ago when I was a more regular reader.

detail.jpg

meStevo_foh

shitlord
That thought crossed my mind while typing that... Wolverine is in a bunch of titles and teams right now too isn"t he.

Guess I like my comics being in the same universe as similar relevant titles, and not simply using that universe as a setting and existing in a bubble outside of crossovers.

Spider-Man has always been a really big friend of the FF, and if you asked a bunch of geeks who would be the most likely replacement for Johnny, he would probably be it.

But he is in New Avengers and his own weekly. I don"t think any of the other Spider-Man titles are 616 cannon. Does he have any other regular titles?