Most memorable comic book moments

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
meStevo said:
That thought crossed my mind while typing that... Wolverine is in a bunch of titles and teams right now too isn"t he.

Guess I like my comics being in the same universe as similar relevant titles, and not simply using that universe as a setting and existing in a bubble outside of crossovers.
Wolverine is like that too yeah, they made fun of it in one of his books a while back (the start was a bunch of panels with Monday, tuesday, wednesday, etc with each day he was with someone different. Either the X Men, the avengers, spidey, on his own, drinking, etc).

And as far as being one big universe instead of small pockets in the same world, basically the whole Marvel U has been pretty good about it for the last few years, only in the last few months fracturing again. With the X books, from M day all the way through Messiah War was tied together pretty closely and the others were from the Civil war through Siege.

fucker_foh

shitlord
johnny storm and peter parker have always been friends. more than once they met at the top of liberty statue to talk and help each other

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey can anyone tell us if Spider-Man has any history with the FF? No one has mentioned it yet and we"re all in the dark about it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_181.jpg

I really used to enjoy reading Turok and Magnus also.

Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_181.jpg

Latest Spider Man (#654) besides being good, has a preview of the new Venom in the back. Pretty damn interesting looking.

Also some big ads for some Captian America event coming.

Troll_sl

shitlord
The Stan Lee projects coming out of BOOM! Studios are actually pretty good. The Traveler, Starborn and Soldier Zero. Hopefully they"ll be more than just miniseries.

Nothing to do with Lee, but I"m also going into BOOM!"s Irredeemable series. First couple have been good. I may be sold on them as a studio.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Troll said:
The Stan Lee projects coming out of BOOM! Studios are actually pretty good. The Traveler, Starborn and Soldier Zero. Hopefully they"ll be more than just miniseries.

Nothing to do with Lee, but I"m also going into BOOM!"s Irredeemable series. First couple have been good. I may be sold on them as a studio.
Been reading Irredeemable as well and loving it, with the only downside being the art, which I am not that high on.

Due to the awesomness of Irredeemable I"ve been planning on picking up Incorruptible as well. Since it"s supposed to take place in the same world. Hopefully it is just as good.

darkblue said:
Been reading Irredeemable as well and loving it, with the only downside being the art, which I am not that high on.

Due to the awesomness of Irredeemable I"ve been planning on picking up Incorruptible as well. Since it"s supposed to take place in the same world. Hopefully it is just as good.
Doesn"t somehone here do the art on Irredemable?

Caliane

darkblue said:

I like Incorruptible more then Irredeemable.
Mark Waid is probably my favorite writer atm.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Planning on picking up some Batman comics, is this a good list of things to pickup?
Oh, and I plan on picking up the Knight Fall TP, but should I get all 3 books, or is just the first one enough?

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Year One
Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: Dark Victory
Batman: Hush

Anything else?

Orun_foh

shitlord
darkblue said:
Planning on picking up some Batman comics, is this a good list of things to pickup?
Oh, and I plan on picking up the Knight Fall TP, but should I get all 3 books, or is just the first one enough?

Anything else?
I may be alone here, but I hate anything Frank Miller wrote about Batman. He turned Bruce Wayne into such a douche.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
darkblue said:

Anything else?
I"ll admit thats a great starter pack man, picked up most of those books recently myself. If you like film noire, you literally can"t go wrong with Tim Sale/Jeph Loeb. (Dark Victory/Long Halloween)

Ionsniper_foh

shitlord
So is there a compilation of comics yet dealing with Batman"s return? Ive been picking pieces up here and there but havent found the one yet where Joker mentions Batman will return and walks ou, and then Batman portals in and kicks all their asses.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Ionsniper said:
So is there a compilation of comics yet dealing with Batman"s return? Ive been picking pieces up here and there but havent found the one yet where Joker mentions Batman will return and walks ou, and then Batman portals in and kicks all their asses.
I think this is it -Amazon.com: Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne (9781401229689): Grant Morrison: Books

I haven"t read much of it, downloaded an issue or two and then resumed my general ignorance/dislike of most of the DC universe.