Most memorable comic book moments

TheRidic_foh

shitlord
So the latest issue of The Walking Dead came out yesterday......fuck me man

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Shot by the colony"s town leader as he was firing randomly at zombies while being eaten. Rick turns around to check on everyone and see this:

IMG2-1.jpg

Fuck man...that blows....

IMG2-1.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
meStevo said:
Anyone read downloaded comics on their ipad? Comic Zeal pretty much the best out there? Seems to be working pretty awesome so far but thought it was worth asking.

Guessing the already lame Marvel Unlimited subscription is only for a PC? Seeing different numbers of comics available for iOS (1400) and online (9000+). That"s really awful.
God made ipads so we could read comics torrents on them. My ipad is almost the same size as a comic, page wise. The only problem I have is the lenghty amount of time it takes for me to transfer a comic from I-Tunes to my ipad, it might be I"m using the wrong app.

Lusiphur_foh

shitlord
Lyrical said:
God made ipads so we could read comics torrents on them. My ipad is almost the same size as a comic, page wise. The only problem I have is the lenghty amount of time it takes for me to transfer a comic from I-Tunes to my ipad, it might be I"m using the wrong app.
I went with an Archos 101 for this. Much cheaper than an Ipad and using the ACR app I can read the comics direct from the hard drive on my main PC (its a Samba share so its all transparent once you make sure Windows Live Essentials has been nuked from your PC).

The Itunes fuckery was the only reason I didn"t go Ipad as I only wanted a tablet as a media device and mostly for comic scans.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Yeah, with Comic Zeal I have to import them via iTunes... and then it converts them all to a .cbi or something format when it syncs up with the app. Once they are there though... it"s pretty awesome.

Devlin_foh

shitlord
Lyrical said:
Amen to that.

Could be you"re using the wrong lead, I was using my old iPhone lead and it was always incredibly slow, so slow I googled it and the actual iPad lead for some reason runs much much faster, doesn"t surprise me that Apple might put shit like that in so people who"s leads break might have to buy a new one instead of a cheap backup.

I think my 16gb iPad has around 10gb of comics on it at any time, its the only media I put on it, books and comics.

Caliane

Grimmlokk said:
Shame, they really were just gorgeous.
Actually just remembered, mentioning GI joe resolute in the thundercats thread.

Snake did some background work for that.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Yup! Enjoying Age of X until the WTF? at the end of the last issue also. Kinda the same at the end of the last Avengers, sucks that it won"t amount to anything since there hasn"t been a new event hyped centered around the infinity gems.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Didn"t notice how short Age of X is, and now it feels like it"s going to end as it just barely gets going.

Not that it can really go anywhere, it"s not hyped to be any big or lasting thing like Fear Itself.

That"s also why I"m disappointed in the surprise at the end of the last Avengers

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Thanos apparently has the Soul Gem... though watch that just be an illusion that"s a defense mechanism. If Thanos was collecting infinity gems then there"d be a bigger deal being made out of what is coming next from it

Edit: oh, looks like that Infinity Gem arc ends next issue too. Bleh.

Really enjoyed the new Hercules series that came out a couple weeks ago.

meStevo said:
Didn"t notice how short Age of X is, and now it feels like it"s going to end as it just barely gets going.

Not that it can really go anywhere, it"s not hyped to be any big or lasting thing like Fear Itself.

That"s also why I"m disappointed in the surprise at the end of the last Avengers

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Thanos apparently has the Soul Gem... though watch that just be an illusion that"s a defense mechanism. If Thanos was collecting infinity gems then there"d be a bigger deal being made out of what is coming next from it

Edit: oh, looks like that Infinity Gem arc ends next issue too. Bleh.

Really enjoyed the new Hercules series that came out a couple weeks ago.
Avengers
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Thanos, in 616 continuity, isn"t around to be able to find/take/own a gem. I am thinking this is a safeguard put into place by Xavier (in his final fight) or Strange (part of the defenses).

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Yeah man! I was wondering what the fuck! Why isn"t Nova back?! Fuck Thanos coming back without Nova or Star Lord.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
I like his dialog with the hood in the preview.

Preview: Avengers #12 - Comic Book Resources

Spoiler for anyone not caught up of course. Final issue of the arc, so he"ll find some stupid way to lose the gems/they go to a different safe spot or they"ll disappear only to resurface in an Infinity event next summer or something.

Having not read New Mutants prior to Age of X, for some reason I have no desire to start reading it after. Only X-book that seems interesting is X-Force.

Exists in the Political Thread, but contextually fits better here and could be a huge "memorable moment" - if it happens/continues.

Superman Renounces U.S. Citizenship in "Action Comics" #900

The key scene takes place in "The Incident," a short story in Action Comics #900 written by David S. Goyer with art by Miguel Sepulveda. In it, Superman consults with the President"s national security advisor, who is incensed that Superman appeared in Tehran to non-violently support the protesters demonstrating against the Iranian regime, no doubt an analogue for the recent real-life protests in the Middle East. However, since Superman is viewed as an American icon in the DC Universe as well as our own, the Iranian government has construed his actions as the will of the American President, and indeed, an act of war.

Superman replies that it was foolish to think that his actions would not reflect politically on the American government, and that he therefore plans to renounce his American citizenship at the United Nations the next day -- and to continue working as a superhero from a more global than national perspective. From a "realistic" standpoint it makes sense; it would indeed be impossible for a nigh-omnipotent being ideologically aligned with America to intercede against injustice beyond American borders without creating enormous political fallout for the U.S. government.

Troll said:
And the Thanos stuff... is that all in the Avengers?
Thanos stuff? Last Thanos thingy was... the... Oh, "Thanos Imperitive" that you can probably soon find in some kind of compilation if it isn"t already out.