Most memorable comic book moments

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Troll said:
So Fear Itself is the latest big Marvel arc? Any others I should read?
Yeah, Fear Itself is the ongoing "big event" from Marvel, #1 is out, believe #2 comes out next week.

Troll said:
And the Thanos stuff... is that all in the Avengers?
As someone else said, latest Thanos thing, is the Thanos Imperative and its out in HC (came out about 2 months ago).
Amazon.com: The Thanos Imperative (9780785151838): Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Brad Walker: Books

Troll_sl

shitlord
Wait, so is the Avengers arc whereSpoiler Alert, click show to read:The Hood is going after the Infinity Gemsan old one? I"m confused...

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Troll said:
Wait, so is the Avengers arc whereSpoiler Alert, click show to read:The Hood is going after the Infinity Gemsan old one? I"m confused...
No, I think its the current arc (ending in #12?), but I read everything in Trades only, so still waiting on the next one to come out, which will collect #6-12.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:So, if Thanos is in any of the latest Avengers issues, I wouldn"t know about it... yet

The Avengers arc with the Infinity Gems is the latest Avengers story that just finished.

Thanos was pictured in about 5 pages between issue #11 and #12.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:It is actually Dr. Strange pretending to be Thanos to cow Hood into giving up the gems. Thanos, as far as we know, is still stuck in the Cancerverse.

The story arc was pretty good, other than the bullshit excuse The Hood found out about the Gems.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
The Avengers arc with the Infinity Gems is the latest Avengers story that just finished.

Thanos was pictured in about 5 pages between issue #11 and #12.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:It is actually Dr. Strange pretending to be Thanos to cow Hood into giving up the gems. Thanos, as far as we know, is still stuck in the Cancerverse.

The story arc was pretty good, other than the bullshit excuse The Hood found out about the Gems.
Yeah, just got my hands on the right one. Pretty much agree.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Looking forward to this Age of Apocalypse trip in X-Force, I"m afraid it"ll be over after 4 pages or something. Would rather see them there for an arc rather than an issue.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven"t followed comic books in awhile. I was just redownloading some stuff I"ve read like Punisher Max and The Boys.

A question for Vorph or whoever read issue #61-75 of Punisher Max: is it any good after they replaced Garth Ennis? How about the new reboot of the PunisherMAX series with yet another new writer?

Any other recommendations for similar comics (new and old) are always welcomed.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another Marvel MAX comic from the same time,Aliasby Bendis. Was pretty damn great. The non-MAX follow up The Pulse was significantly less so.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Im kinda on the fence for the reboot of the punisher. Previously he was humanized (bleeds and gets his ass beat) but is still the terminator. Now it seems like they pussyifiying him up a bit.

Not sure how its gonna play out. I didnt like the Bullseye shit much either. Kinda corny for a book that was anything but.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Continuation, just changing it up significantly. At least thats what I believe haven"t been following comics lately. I want to vomit all over Marvel in general.

Odd since I have been finding DC to be less and less interesting. Spider-Man, X-Men and Avengers families have been more interesting than most of the DC stuff... maybe all of it.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Oh marvel is way fucking ahead of the curve compared to DC. I really dont read either label beyond Vertigo/MAX. I dont think ive touched a DC comic since blackest night (I think thats the arc).

meStevo_foh

shitlord
I"m a mainstream Marvel guy, but outside of the Age of X arc I feel like im buying some of these titles out of habit... Spider-Man as well as the whole Fear Itself stuff is very bleh at the moment. Avengers tricked me into picking it up because of all of the Infinity Gem stuff.

Favorite title if I had to pick one is probably FF right now. All these spinoff Fear Itself books have been awful.