Most memorable comic book moments

meStevo said:
Fear itself starting to lose me, feels like a 3 issue event spread over 7. It also seems like they doubled the font size in number 4.
Would be more interesting if they didn"t have Hammer-Juggernaut is 5 different comics this month with the other hammer people are in 0-1 issues this month.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
meStevo said:
Fear itself starting to lose me, feels like a 3 issue event spread over 7. It also seems like they doubled the font size in number 4.
Neither the Marvel or the DC crossovers this Summer are impressing me. Last few crossover series, I couldn"t wait for the next issue to come out. This Summer, I could care less.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Just finished reading Blackest Night and Brightest Day. Read too many of the side books along with Blakcest Night it and started getting bored, but as I started to skip them towards the end it got better and better. Brightest Day I didn"t like as much, but thought it was pretty good. Helped that it was it"s own title instead of just an 7-8 part thing and the rest of the story told in other books.

...and then I picked up Fear Itself #4 and fell asleep.

I did pick up one of the Fear Itself tie-ins just because Juggernaut is on the cover ...

Also, I got this from the comic shop this week, and it"s fucking awesome:

Amazon.com: Diamond Select Marvel Select: Juggernaut Action Figure: Toys & Games

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Caliane said:
Pretty much. While I do say there are some good Dc/marvel stuff. And even THERE is best to avoid the main stream, Really the great stuff is indie.
Dark horse, Vertigo, or smaller.
To add some more, to your list. beasts of burden, Empire, Sleeper, Incognito, The Unkown, Locke and Key, morning glories, Sweets, Pride of Bagdad, Invincible, IZombie, Planetary(DC universe), Madame Xanadu(DC universe), Lucifer, Sandman, Y:the last man, Hellblazer, Loose ends, lets go to Utah, Fables, Conan, Incorruptible, Irredeemable(two are related), Echo(terry moore).
Would recommend American Vampire, Daytripper, Chew, Criminal and Scalped as well.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
EmiliaEQ said:
that british combat mage
Gravel! Not sure if these have been mentioned yet, Fables, Invisibles, Miracleman and Shakespeare must die are all good.

I like Scalped but I have not read the others beyond an issue or two of Chew.

Troll_sl

shitlord
So finally got the last few Strange Tales books from Marvel. Have to say I"m enjoying them. I like the not-so-serious look at the heroes.

And holy fuck, a new "The Defenders" series? Yes please!

Caliane

Pimping a friends book.
I"m not working on it, but Rachelle is doing an amazing job with Nick"s stuff.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Caliane said:
Pimping a friends book.
I"m not working on it, but Rachelle is doing an amazing job with Nick"s stuff.
Picked it up today, because of Hickmans name, enjoyed it and will be waiting for the trade.

Caliane

You know, it occurs to me, I am really bad about not talking up friends stuff.

The mainstream stuff sells itself mostly.

I worked with Nick Pitarra on a few things. ^ Hes the artist for The Red Wing there. Teamed up a good number of stuff. He was picked up and given a few shots on Marvel works. I didn"t. haha. His first marvel stuff had Nathan Fairbairn working with him. Nathan is great too.

Kody"s Sweets is acclaimed. And hes got a great visual style going for it.

Caliane

Lets Go To Utah . com

Dave Chrisholm"s Lets go to Utah.

Awesome for among other things, its totally self published. in fact, he posted the whole thing online page by page as he created it.

Caliane

This one, is probably one that this audience won"t be interested in.
It was actually a title I was about to work on. But the publisher, just couldn"t offer me a competitive rate. Dave Hamann is my favorite artist to work with atm. Our work really meshes together well. Hes only done zenoscopte/arcana, and this. He deserves to get a bigger project, and its only a matter of time. The colorist on this... has his moments. But is weaker in general.
Based on a series of young adult/adult? fantasy romance novels. aka twilight-like books.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Picked up Red Wing on Wednesday and really liked it, a couple of those images remind me of Geoff Darrow"s art. Red Wing is also one of the picks of the week over onFresh Ink

Caliane

meStevo said:
Picked up Red Wing on Wednesday and really liked it, a couple of those images remind me of Geoff Darrow"s art. Red Wing is also one of the picks of the week over onFresh Ink
Cool.

Now you mention it... Blair mentions Loose Ends as well.
Jason Latour, Chris Brunner and Rico Renzi.
Rico is awesome. Uses totally palette choices, and the like for his coloring. I am totally jealous of what he does.

Definitely check that one out as well guys.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
For the first time in my life, I am finding both Marvel and DC to be unreadable. I mean, I won"t even download this crap for free right now. Fear Itself is meh, and Flashpoint is just some lame marketing gimmick they"ll just reverse with the next Infinite Crisis Identity.

I can"t think of one DC book I"m enjoying other than Titans, and Marvel, maybe only X Men, Thor, Avengers and whatever book that has the Avengers" trainees.

Caliane

Flashpoint could be cool. but really has been blundered. its a giant what if/elseworlds. which could be awesome. But we know its going to end up creating this reboot bullshit, and its just poisoning the entire idea.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
I am not even sure why I am buying half the books I am picking up on Wednesday. I cringe seeing half a wall of Fear Itself tie ins and then 1-2 still end up in my hands as I walk to the register.

War of the Green Lanterns seemed kinda cool. Liking the Green Lantern part of DC more and more, looking forward to the different GL books that are part of the reboot. I didn"t get into that until late and certainly wasn"t going to start by picking up book 5 onward so had to download it all. Meant to pick up aftermath today but guess I"ll just download it. Hope Fear Itself - Uncanny X-Men is good. Giving Daredevil a shot after Moon Knight ended up being a ton better than I expected... was never a MK or DD fan. Need to catch up on Hercules, I am 3-4 issues behind but have kept buying them because of how good the first couple were.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
From Marvel and DC I just read all three Green Lantern books, X-Men titles (the important ones), and Flashpoint.

You know what really grinds my gears in DC? Every fucking solo hero book starts with the Hero talking about how they got their powers in some way or another or some huge pivotal moment that happened in the 90s.

Flash: Oh man, it"s Reverse Flash! The Flash that"s the reverse of me! Which means he must"ve gotten into contact with the Speed Force the same way I did by being a curious chemist in my lab and having chemicals spill all over me granting me the amazing speed that made me THE FLASH!

Booster Gold: Oh wow! This villain is ruthless. Almost as ruthless as Doomsday! The best that rampaged about and raped everything in his path. Good thing I named him Doomsday since thats what he does. I named him Doomsday. Thank god I got this suit from the 25th century. Neato.