Most memorable comic book moments

TheRidic_foh

shitlord
meStevo said:
Not sure any AZ comic readers in this thread, but found out that Atomic Comics closed its doors yesterday, that"s shitty

If the name sounds familiar to others, they were pretty well known as far as comic shops go, and was also the name of the comic shop the characters in the movie Kick Ass frequent.

Arizona?s Atomic Comics chain shuts down [Updated] | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources ? Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment

Well FUCK ME! This is where I go every fucking week for my comics.....went.....

The guys that work at these shops are fucking amazing guys.

What a god damn shame....

FUCK!

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Sorry man. I used to work at the AMC 6 that is (was?) across from their Metrocenter location when I went to the Art Institute in 98. Wasn"t buying comics at the time but was neat to go in and hang out. Great atmosphere, great people, great store.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Is it me or after the Vilrumite War that Invincible just went to total shit and comes out ridiculously infrequently compared to Walking Dead which seems to remain on time but has also begun the descend into the suck territory.

Rick: OH FUCK NEW PEOPLE!
New People: I don"t trust you!
Rick and Crew own situation with zombies and some internal strife.
New People: Wow you are awesome! Run the show!
Something bad happens to Rick.
Rick goes through a minor breakdown.
Everything is okay.
New People: You know that guy Rick that made everything awesome? I don"t trust him! Lets take a shit in his mouth.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It seems like it"s ready to end, because at this point I don"t see a direction that it can be taken that doesn"t demolish the core story or become stupid repetitive.

Kirkman says he"s got stories for 200 books though, so maybe he"s got something amazing up his sleeve. Last few books have been super stale though.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
I"m enjoying this Uncanny X-Force arc a lot, mostly beause I am in the minority that loves the Age of Apocalypse world.

- Looks like as a result of the arc Archangel may become a big X-Men villain? He"s basically turning into Apocalypse, and has assembled 4 horseman at the end of the current issue.

- A lot of QQ over it on the CBR forums where I just browse the trainwreks of trolling and overreactions, but excited that Nightcrawler is coming from the AoA world to 616:Cosmic Book News Image PageSolicits for #16 say mutantsplural come to 616, so we"ll see if it"s a handful of bad guys along with him that get quickly offed or what.

- Havoc announced to be coming back to X-Factor. That news along with the preview covers of the rest of the preview covers of the post-schism x-books can be found here:Havok Returns To "X-Factor" - Comic Book Resources

Hoping a couple others make the trip too, but doubt it.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
meStevo said:
I"m enjoying this Uncanny X-Force arc a lot, mostly beause I am in the minority that loves the Age of Apocalypse world.

- Looks like as a result of the arc Archangel may become a big X-Men villain? He"s basically turning into Apocalypse, and has assembled 4 horseman at the end of the current issue.

- A lot of QQ over it on the CBR forums where I just browse the trainwreks of trolling and overreactions, but excited that Nightcrawler is coming from the AoA world to 616:Cosmic Book News Image PageSolicits for #16 say mutantsplural come to 616, so we"ll see if it"s a handful of bad guys along with him that get quickly offed or what.

- Havoc announced to be coming back to X-Factor. That news along with the preview covers of the rest of the preview covers of the post-schism x-books can be found here:Havok Returns To "X-Factor" - Comic Book Resources

Yeah man. Uncanny X-Force has been an A+ ride. Even before this Uncanny X-Force, the previous version run by Cyclops was badass as well.

WRU NOVA?! Y WONT DEY BRING U BACK, SON?!

I have this awesome headshot of Nova drawn from Comic Con by Brad Walker and every time I look up at my wall I am saddened that Nova isn"t back yet.

EDIT: Don"t know if anyone is reading Flashpoint: Project Superman but it"s pretty good and this bad guy is like a super OP Saiyan. Pretty much Goku VS Superman shit going on right here.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Leviothan said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meStevo View Post

- A lot of QQ over it on the CBR forums where I just browse the trainwreks of trolling and overreactions, but excited that Nightcrawler is coming from the AoA world to 616: Cosmic Book News Image Page Solicits for #16 say mutants plural come to 616, so we"ll see if it"s a handful of bad guys along with him that get quickly offed or what.

- Havoc announced to be coming back to X-Factor. That news along with the preview covers of the rest of the preview covers of the post-schism x-books can be found here: Havok Returns To "X-Factor" - Comic Book Resources

Yeah man. Uncanny X-Force has been an A+ ride. Even before this Uncanny X-Force, the previous version run by Cyclops was badass as well.

WRU NOVA?! Y WONT DEY BRING U BACK, SON?!

I have this awesome headshot of Nova drawn from Comic Con by Brad Walker and every time I look up at my wall I am saddened that Nova isn"t back yet.
Uncanny X-Force has been pretty good for it"s entire run and I liked the "Sex and Violence" mini as well.

Some AoA characters coming through with them will be cool I think. Sugarman has been around for a while, more is better.

And I hope havoc coming back means the rest of the Starjammer mutants come with him. I like Rachel Summers and having her back in regular issues would be great.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
meStevo said:
Yeah I missed all of the stuff involving Havoc going to the Starjammers, is that in War of Kings or something else?
Yeah, started in Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire, and then finished up in War of Kings.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
I read a bunch of comics this week but only four really stood out.

Invincible- Really nice chapter that reintroduces Rex and shows how Invincible is finding ways to resolve issues without violence. Not much action but it definitely took the bore out of the current storyline.

Justice League #1- Not much to say about this flagship title for their 52 Reboot. Jim Lee"s penciling is great and the artwork really carries this title. However, the story I swear I"ve read before... Not really an interesting read.

Flashpoint #5- I fucking hate DC"s main events and when I first started reading Flashpoint I thought it was a piece of shit that didn"t deserve to be a main event. As it progressed though, what a fun adventure and storyline. The final issue is fantastic with plenty of action and a lot of heroes clashing and fucking shit up. The last few panels were great. Kudos to Thomas motherfucking Wayne.

Uncanny X-Force - Holy fucking shit. The shit hits the motherfucking fan. Please read this shit if you"ve been following this series at all. As always A+++ for the X-Force series.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
I need some suggestions for new reads since DC is going all fucking gay with the retcon stuff.

My favorite stories don"t involve super powers though I bend that rule. I like crime dramas, and mystery stuff. Prefer graphic novels so I can start and finish the story. Long and short my favorite book is Long Halloween (that kinda mystery/film noire style).

SceleriS_foh

shitlord
Well, my wife asked me before the Dark knight movie: "what comics are a MUST READ batman wise ?" Without hesitation i said "Long Halloween, Hush, The killing joke and Batman Begins....maybe The Dark Knight returns, although i am kind of in the middle about that one." She read those books in a heartbeat, and loved them.

As for great stories, I always advise Old Man Logan to everyone who wants to hear it. Mark Millar just as a way of telling a story that is really gripping, although lately it looks like he gets bored halfway through and then half asses it to the end.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Felonius said:
I need some suggestions for new reads since DC is going all fucking gay with the retcon stuff.

My favorite stories don"t involve super powers though I bend that rule. I like crime dramas, and mystery stuff. Prefer graphic novels so I can start and finish the story. Long and short my favorite book is Long Halloween (that kinda mystery/film noire style).
Since you have already read The Long Halloween (which is one of my favorites as well) im guessing you have read the follow up Dark Victory as well?

Don"t have many stories contained within a single trade...but here are some other great stuff...

Crime:
CriminalCriminal (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IncognitoIncognito (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ScalpedScalped - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PowersPowers (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mystery
The UnwrittenThe Unwritten - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Morning Glorieshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Glories_(comics
Locke & KeyLocke & Key - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure where it fits in best, but I definitively recommend
American VampireAmerican Vampire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Heard great things about Scott Snyders, Detective Comics run "The Black Mirror" as well, comes out in Trade in November I think and sounds like it might fit you.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The criminal books are all pretty self-contained in a single trade, but based on his description of interests I"m sure he"s already read them.

The first couple Batman Gotham City PD trades are really good.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Reading JLA #1 felt like reading a What If? or Ultimates title. Just seems strange. Not sure what I really expected as someone who"s never really read much DC anyways.

Green Lantern meeting Batman was funny though... "you"re not just some guy in a bat costume, are you?"