Most memorable comic book moments

Blackyce_foh

shitlord
SceleriS said:
a phoenix being reborn and burning up and being reborn again is endless. It"s the Xmen deus ex machina.

Shit hits fan, phoenix rises
No exciting story, phoenix rises to stir shit up.
Rinse, Repeat.

Next to that, the phoenix is not aperson, it"s a force, with Jean Grey being the most suitable host body. But it can occupy anyone really, in phoenix end song it took over Emma Frost, so it seems the phoenix force has a hard on for telepaths....
Yes we know the retconned story.

SceleriS_foh

shitlord
Blackyce said:
Yes we know the retconned story.
You make it sound like retcons never happened before. Next to marvel perfectly adhering to mythology as a background for phoenix.

I don"t care if comic writers retcon stuff as long as it is at least done with some effort and not like spiderman a few years back. Or the be all end all retcon of doom called the new 52....or is that cosidered a full reboot.

I was never really bothered with how they "retconned"the wholephoenix thing, i think they did that pretty well, and it resulted in some awesome storylines. Like Phoenix: End Song.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
It"d be strange if they brought Jean back, she"s been dead since before I started reading again, makes it seem like she"s been dead for 10+ years.

That and I"m not really sure how she would fit with the X-Men now, Emma would have to die, or would they really pair her with Wolverine and the school that bears her name?

Kinda like FF, after what"s happened to him, can the Human Torch really rejoin the FF? If they do go that route, it will be really stupid. "Yay! Status quo is back!"

I couldn"t care less about Hope and all the kids in her book, interested to see her become more relevant (to me) in this arc, and to see how the Scarlet Witch redeems herself ("lots more mutants?").

Unrelated, Uncanny X-Force #18 was amazing, they need to put out a hardback of the entire Dark Angel saga and they"ll have my money.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I could see the Phoenix Force going for Magneto. His character"s been kind of marginalized and it almost seems time for him to go away (after a fittingly big crisis, of course).

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Thought this was kinda interesting, from another forum:

BTW the DC 52 is doing a reshuffle. DC will only have 52 titles ongoing at any time so there"s already been some cancellations and new series on the pipeline:

Cancelled: OMAC, Mister Terrific, Static Shock, Men of War, Blackhawks and Hawk and Dove.

(The only one i"m really sorry to see go is Hawk and Dove)

Coming to the fold: Batman Incorporated, Dial H, Justice Society of America, World's Finest, Ravagers and GI Combat.

(World"s Finest will star the Earth-2 Huntress and Power Girl....Hmm so I guess Earth-2 is back then. I"m looking forward to the new JSA book as i"ve heard it takes place in World War II times.)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Have DC hired Smed ?

DC Universe: The Source ? Blog Archive ? DC ENTERTAINMENT OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES ??oBEFORE WATCHMEN???

Alan Moore will have a fit.

This summer, DC Entertainment will publish all-new stories expanding on the acclaimed WATCHMEN universe. As highly anticipated as they are controversial, the seven inter-connected prequel mini-series will build on the foundation of the original WATCHMEN, the bestselling graphic novel of all time. BEFORE WATCHMEN will be the collective banner for all seven titles, from DC Comics.

"It's our responsibility as publishers to find new ways to keep all of our characters relevant," said DC Entertainment Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee. "After twenty five years, the Watchmen are classic characters whose time has come for new stories to be told. We sought out the best writers and artists in the industry to build on the complex mythology of the original."

Stepping up to the challenge is a group of the comic book industry's most iconoclastic writers and artists - including Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS), Lee Bermejo (JOKER), Amanda Conner (POWER GIRL), Darwyn Cooke (JUSTICE LEAGUE: NEW FRONTIER), John Higgins (WATCHMEN), Adam Hughes (CATWOMAN), J.G. Jones (FINAL CRISIS), Andy Kubert (FLASHPOINT), Joe Kubert (SGT. ROCK), Jae Lee (BATMAN: JEKYLL AND HYDE), J. Michael Straczynski (SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE) and Len Wein (SWAMP THING).

BEFORE WATCHMEN includes:

.RORSCHACH (4 issues) - Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: Lee Bermejo
.MINUTEMEN (6 issues) - Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke
.COMEDIAN (6 issues) - Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: J.G. Jones
.DR. MANHATTAN (4 issues) - Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artist: Adam Hughes
.NITE OWL (4 issues) - Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert
.OZYMANDIAS (6 issues) - Writer: Len Wein. Artist: Jae Lee
.SILK SPECTRE (4 issues) - Writer: Darwyn Cooke. Artist: Amanda Conner

Each week, a new issue will be released, and will feature a two-page back-up story called CURSE OF THE CRIMSON CORSAIR, written by original series editor Len Wein and with art by original series colorist John Higgins. There will also be a single issue, BEFORE WATCHMEN: EPILOGUE, featuring the work of various writers and artists, and a CRIMSON CORSAIR story by Wein and Higgins.

"The original series of WATCHMEN is the complete story that Alan Moore and I wanted to tell. However, I appreciate DC's reasons for this initiative and the wish of the artists and writers involved to pay tribute to our work. May these new additions have the success they desire," said Dave Gibbons, WATCHMEN co-creator and original series artist.

"Comic books are perhaps the largest and longest running form of collaborative fiction," said DiDio and Lee. "Collaborative storytelling is what keeps these fictional universes current and relevant."

Caliane

lol at Dave"s quote.
Even he is pretty clearly, barely able to be nice in his statment.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Holy fuck that"s a ton of comics they are publishing. It"s 34 issues over 7 mini-series with a bonus thing on top and Watchmen is only 12.

TheRidic_foh

shitlord
meStevo said:
I just read this today. Pretty great scene. The Wolverine/Fake Thor fight in there was awesome. Wolverine took a beating, but kept coming back...even without a face and a nearly flaming skull.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
He died last January, kinda like the way they brought him back, it"s too bad they"ll certainly bury all of that neutral zone stuff and return to the status quo.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuckin" shitballs, you guys reading The Boys? I just got caught up. They had a bit of a lull in there, but shit is going crazy now. Just...catch up if you took a break from it like me.