Most memorable comic book moments

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Felonius_sl

shitlord
Spontaneous Cumbustion said:
Where do you get your comics?
No where in particular. Amazon, the comic store, sometimes Barnes and Noble if the comic shop doesn"t have what I need and don"t want to wait for shipping. For graphic novels anyways. I cant stand comics for the same reason I don"t like Tv shows. I want a definitive beginning and end of the same story line. Fuck waiting a month just to see the story move 2 inches. Reminds me watching DBZ as a kid when 1 fight would take 10 episodes. Also Fuck universe reboots.

Closest thing I do to comics are the collected editions in graphic style format ala Long Halloween etc.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is the single dumbest thing I"ve read in comics. Over the years, they"ve had to nerf Superman every time he gets OP. In the past, when he got up to world moving status, would be when they"d nerf him. He"s always struggled to move the planet. They"ve made it a point to say he"s doing a Herculean feat, by moving the planet.

But now, he can bench press the planet for days, with no rest, and barely make a sweat? When will DC learn that readers want to read about a hero that can be beaten? No one wants to read about a hero, that is for all intents and purposes, God.

I can"t remember a lamer thing I"ve read in comics.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From All Star Superman a couple years back. Though to counter this he had SuperSunAIDS and was dying or something. I forget, I didn"t stick with it.

edit: unrelated to that, I was just reading about some of the pairings for the latest Marvel reset/relaunch whatever stuff and it sounds pretty awesome. Will have to at least try Uncanny Avengers.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Grimmlokk said:
From All Star Superman a couple years back. Though to counter this he had SuperSunAIDS and was dying or something. I forget, I didn"t stick with it.

edit: unrelated to that, I was just reading about some of the pairings for the latest Marvel reset/relaunch whatever stuff and it sounds pretty awesome. Will have to at least try Uncanny Avengers.
That pic was gay, the one I posted was the ultimate in gayness. Most of the time, when he"s doing these strength feats, it"s just one time, and not for five days straight. The sad thing is, as a child of the 80"s, I never rushed down to the comic book store to see if Superman was going to live from the previous issue. Of course he was going to live. He was God. There was no sense of urgency in buying a Superman comic book. Other the Death of Superman story arc, he"s not been in any danger over the last 40-50 years.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Heh, see what they"re doing with Spider-Man?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:doctor octopus has swapped consciousness with Peter, and then died. The finale leading into #700, a $8 104 page issue, starts with Peter talking to Gwen Stacey, her dad, his parents and Uncle Ben

This all sets the stage for "Superior Spider-Man" which for a little while was said to "not feature Peter Parker behind the mask"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I guessThe Boysis done now. I am legitimately bummed out to not have them to look forward to anymore. I think they managed to keep the same artists for the whole run, and of course Ennis was the writer from start to finish. Always nice to see a series complete it"s entire run and tell it"s whole story all with the same team top to bottom.

I can"t imagine anyone here hasn"t tried it out, but just in case you haven"t yet you really should. Especially now that it"s finished.