Most underrated games of 2013

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Stylized much in the same way as Borderlands and was a big improvement over the disappointing Cartel installment.

Rayman Legends - The series just keeps getting better which I didn't think was possible

The Swapper - best indie puzzle game in recent memory. I don't really hear people talk about it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Resident Evil: Revelations - Just got it for the PS3 and this is the best installment in the series I've played since Code: Veronica on the Dreamcast. The only thing I don't like is that the dodge mechanic seems to fail about 95% of the time* and there are a handful of spots where you're basically required to do it or you die. Hell, even the raid mode is fun (solo, I never bother trying co-op with randoms) and I usually hate tacked-on modes like that.

*-It's entirely possible that I'm just doing it wrong. Even if I am, it's still retarded to bind dodge and "quick-turn 180?" to the same stick+button combo.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - I dislike recommending this because Neocore is yet another company that gives a discount to people buying a 'complete pack' now while flipping off their customers who bought the base game when it was new. It really is a great game though, especially if you're looking for an ARPG to play solo that isn't ruined by shitty online-only multiplayer design.

Szlia

I have seen The Swapper mentioned in several "best of 2013" discussions, so maybe it's not the 'most underrated' game. Or maybe, it's so good it should be on everyone's list like, say,Papers, Please!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Resident Evil: Revelations - Just got it for the PS3 and this is the best installment in the series I've played since Code: Veronica on the Dreamcast. The only thing I don't like is that the dodge mechanic seems to fail about 95% of the time* and there are a handful of spots where you're basically required to do it or you die. Hell, even the raid mode is fun (solo, I never bother trying co-op with randoms) and I usually hate tacked-on modes like that.

*-It's entirely possible that I'm just doing it wrong. Even if I am, it's still retarded to bind dodge and "quick-turn 180?" to the same stick+button combo.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - I dislike recommending this because Neocore is yet another company that gives a discount to people buying a 'complete pack' now while flipping off their customers who bought the base game when it was new. It really is a great game though, especially if you're looking for an ARPG to play solo that isn't ruined by shitty online-only multiplayer design.
Yeah, Revelations was great. The dodge mechanic is retarded though, the only time I've had it work is purely accidental.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Totally agree with Rayman. Playing on the wii u with friends was some of the most fun I had gaming all year.

Vaclav

RE: Rev was great on the 3DS not bothering the rebut til cheaper though. Technically because of 3DS its 2012 though.

Vorph

In my world, games don't exist until they are released on real gaming hardware.
biggrin.png