Motherland: Fort Salem

faille

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Motherland: Fort Salem

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2020-03-18

Creator: Eliot Laurence

Cast: Taylor Hickson, Amalia Holm Bjelke, Ashley Nicole Williams, Lyne Renee, Jessica Sutton, Demetria McKinney

Overview: Set in an alternate America where witches ended their persecution over 300 years ago by cutting a deal with the government to fight for their country, the series follows three young women from basic training in combat magic into early deployment.

faille

Molten Core Raider

I've been working my way through this series lately and really enjoying it.
It has a brilliant premise imo (that the Salem witched formed an accord with the US government, joining the army) and I was worried they'd butcher it. I don't think they did, for the most part. The show ends up being a typical coming of age in boot camp type show.

I think they've done a great job with their world building and the mythos behind it. It could do with a bit more fleshing out but I don't mind that it's not all spelled out and served up to the viewer. I particiularly like the production and costume design, and it reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers, though not as on the nose.

Downside is that feels a tad low budget at times, particularly in some of the combat / battle scenes.

It's definitely YA, but not too teenie, if that makes sense.

PS it has Fucking Ashur popping up as a guest star.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
This is good, I am watching it for the dykes, but some of the spell scenes are impressive.

Caliane

started this on s2. Im a sucker for sexy witches. (more cute witches here..)
decently good freeform show. about on par for most TV YA on that.

Missed s1. But, started now with s2. Surprisingly little SJW horseshit, for a show about witches, government, terrorists and hate groups.

nu_11

Sexy witches. Tell me more
113F7E77-EDCF-42C5-882A-25C3A833984D.jpeg

velk

Trakanon Raider
This is my pick for the most CW show that is not on the CW.

I like it though - it's not high art, but the premise and world building are pretty original, most of the characters are pretty easy on the eyes, and the effects are not bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database