Mouse pads

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone want to post their experience with various mouse pads? Which ones do you like best?

iannis

Musty Nester
I haven't used one in years now but when I did I liked the regular thick rubbery ones best even though they were the least durable. The thin plastic ones were rarely better than bare wood and all of the fancy wrist support ergonomic ones look either fraudulent, specific to conditions I don't have, or just plainly annoying.

But all I use at home these days is a tablecloth on my desk. A cloth one, not a plastic one. It does the trick and let's me keep the clutter down. Last time I had a real mouse pad was the last ball mouse I had.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I've happily used a Steelseries QCK for years. It still looks and feels like it's new, save a few spilled drinks.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've always loved the func mouse pads since they have inserts and you can switch between different surface types, however, lately I picked up a trackpad XS or something. It's freaking huge but I think I'm going to get a func again.

satael

Silver Squire
I like Razer Sphex though it's more of just a surface to use your mouse on (rather than a real mouse pad)

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Razer Goliathus because fuck running out of mouse pad room.
+1

Love my Razer Goliathus. They are also very well made. I have been using mine for several years now and it is still amazing. It gets a little frayed around the edges where you rub it when moving the mouse after a while, but that is true of any cloth pad. The fraying is very minimal, though.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I've had mine for about a year now. Just the other day I hand washed it in the sink and BAM! good as new again.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Still using my free Max Payne mouse pad I got with the original game back in 2000/2001. It's held up really well considering I work on that computer at home and play on it as well.

Not mine but it's the same.

AdZr2.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I had that one. It was damn good, but I threw it out for a WoW one that ruined my mouse feet.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've happily used a Steelseries QCK for years. It still looks and feels like it's new, save a few spilled drinks.
Yep, they even sell these at Walmart now of all places. Mines faded to fuck and a little frayed but it works great.

I also have a hilariously large Razer mousepad/gamepad that is like 2'x2' and it is awesome.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I use one of those giant Steelseries mats that takes up half my desk
That at home. At work I picked up a Roccat Taito 3mm, in mini-size. I didn't really give a shit about the brand or model, it just happened to be the right size and the one I grabbed off the shelf at the computer store.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dunno what they use, but the Goliathus sounds similar to what PC Rooms in Korea here use. They have these giant mats that cover your entire desk. The old, soft style--but it covers everything. You set your keyboard on it.

It actually ends up being quite nice.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Bought a aluminum one from monoprice, thing is a tank won't every use cloth and rubber again.