Movies That Would Be Made, If You Could Make It Happen

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
very much david gemmells legend. with brian blessed as druss (if he's not dead by then)
also seconding the james clavell shogun and noble house for a hbo drama
the long walk would be awesome as well but don't know how 2 hours of character introspection would translate

iannis

Musty Nester
Dredd sequel.
frown.png

Foundation would be neat, and would mostly fit into a HBO series format really well. And pretty fucking cheap too... most of those stories happen inside spaceships or in a very few locations. But they are very cerebral and might be boring to actually watch. Sort of like Dune.

Something by Vinge would be neat, because he takes a more honest look at what alien intelligence that we are able to communicate with might actually be like, and the stories are hung on very straightfoward frameworks even if the subject matter and assumptions sometimes devolve into irreducible confusion. And it would be neat to see a sci-fi movie that made a real attempt to look in that direction. But it's a hard idea to approach in the movie format.

Robinsons Mars trilogy is probably worth two movies. Too big for a single movie, but a trilogy ugh. Make it two GIANT movies.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
All the original SSOC comics in a weekly series , you know the ones only the cool kids had cause they were a buck when all the other comics were 25 cents. I still have mine all copies 1 through 101 anyways

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Iain Bank's Culture Series
Peter F. Hamilton's Commonwealth and or Confederation books
Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun
HBO to take on Donald Westlake's Parker (and/or Dortmunder) novels, have them set in the same time period as when the books were released. Do not censor. With maybe the exception of The Hot Rock (and to some extent Payback), no one has done his books justice.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who could do the culture series? It would have to be a 6 season hbo or Netflix show to even start having that conversation.

Edit: got my book series confused.thought culture was a 26 book series for some reason instead of a 10 book series.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Even still, Culture would be a massive undertaking. HBO would be the obvious choice. Netflix is certainly ramping up their offerings, would be a bonus as they release the whole season at the same time.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've always had this idea of a Lord of the Rings movie or trilogy where Sauron is the good guy just trying to defend himself and get back his shit that was stolen. The Numenoreans are foreign invaders who drove the natives into the south and east, and are now pressing into Osgiliath and threatening to drive further east into Mordor. The elves are greedy and hoard wealth and land and won't even let the poor orcs hunt for food. Their ships to the west should be portrayed similar to Spanish settlements where Spain > colonies and the local elite are sailing back to the old world. Wormtongue was actually right about what he says in Rohan. Gandalf is a manipulator and warmonger.

The movie is told primarily from the perspective of Sarumon as he comes to love the downtrodden orcs (which are depicted as just normal human people) and care for them, and resent the aristocracy and elitism of his order and former allies, and seeks to stop the exploitation and genocide of the native orcs.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i think there should be a movie made about rival Korean teenagers putting their differences aside and coming together as a community militia to defend their shops and property based on the true events during the LA riots when blacks were going apeshit on everything in sight and police protection was non-existent.

of course this movie could never be made because hollywood is full of liberal faggots who could never fathom portraying blacks acting in such a manner despite that fact that it actually happened 20 years ago.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i think there should be a movie made about rival Korean teenagers putting their differences aside and coming together as a community militia to defend their shops and property based on the true events during the LA riots when blacks were going apeshit on everything in sight and police protection was non-existent.
Best Movie Idea Ever.