Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Genre: Action & Adventure, Comedy, Drama

First aired: 2024-02-01

Creator: Donald Glover, Francesca Sloane

Cast: Donald Glover, Maya Erskine

Overview: Meet the Smiths: two lonely strangers, John and Jane, who have given up their lives and identities to be thrown together as partners – both in espionage and in marriage

Animosity

Watched the first few episodes and its actually pretty good. Way different vibe and feel that the movie.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Typical Hollywood race swapping two white characters and pushing the diversity multi racial marriages. This show is so woke

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Finally watched it. It was decent, but I was bothered by the fucking amatuer spy shit. Hey, lets turn on location tracking while we're doing illegal shit. What could possibly go wrong with that? Don't bother getting an encrypted purpose made device from your daddy warbucks spy agency or anything. Maybe I'm too used to james bond and archer and this is how spycraft is actually done in the real world? People with no training thrown into the fire telling people that they're super secret spies and making sure law enforcement has no problem tracking them.

I'm better now. It was enjoyable despite that nonsense. I spent the entire season expecting a twist that they were being set up from the start to be fall guys. It reminded me of a reality show like The Mole, or Stars on Mars. "ooh we have a mission from hihi" Text back the results. hihi texts back that he is proud or disappointed. Someone must be voted off the island. etc etc etc. I thought the shootout at the end was a good payoff for the entire season even though at that point we all knew who was really behind the tripwire and the sniper attack.

Anyway. Any word on season 2 or did they kill them off? If they lived, I could see season 2 being them on the run or joining up with a rival agency. If they killed them off, season 2 could be a new set of smiths and the same 2 smith killers could show up towards the end to kill them.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Definitely interesting. Had some flashes of Altanta style absurdity like the whole machete incident. I really liked

The Paul Dano as a normal guy red herring. The SECOND you see Paul Dano in ANYTHING you go "This motherfucker is EVIL!" And he wasn't. He was just some normie real estate nerd trying to get their house. Fucking hilarious.

I think new smiths each season could be interesting depending on the actors they get, but I think a lot of the magic of HiHi and learning the Smith system is kind of gone if they go that route.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I would summarize it as a reverse Archer: "What if we randomly made the next season of Atlanta about a married spy couple?"

Your general attitude towards late-season Atlanta will likely mirror your opinion of M&MS.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Animosity

Really enjoyed the whole season. Great chemistry between the two. Could definitely feel Glover's influence all over it. Hope it gets picked up for a second season.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't really care but here's a clip of two insufferable cunts.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they mentioned "white" twice in the entire series. That one 1 second clip and then the last episode where she says she thought he saw her as a white person. That was it. For the whole show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Atlanta? I saw that and noped out based on the name alone. Are you guys saying it's good? What's it about?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Atlanta? I saw that and noped out based on the name alone. Are you guys saying it's good? What's it about?

It's not good. It's really fucking weird and very disjointed. And as much as I hate feeling like I'm playing into a certain demographic within this forum. It's racist, anti-racist fantasy bullshit.

That show is hot garbage, and Donald Glover is a hack

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man, I don't think I could have asked for 2 better adverse affirmations. And on such short notice.

• 1Worf

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
This show was on the menu over the weekend and we finished it up yesterday. I was initially not terribly interested because I thought it was unnecessary to reboot / spinoff. I enjoyed the series. It is a nice easy watch that has some funny and action.

I don't think it came off as woke. Race swapping to place Donald Glover as a lead seems like a good choice on their part. It's the reason I ended up giving the show a chance. The wife saying 'I'm just white to you' was just plain funny. I didn't pick up on anything else the rest of the series, but I can be a bit dense at noticing these things.

The 90% relationship drama is correct. This is a relationship show with a spy / thriller in the background similar to Monarch being people driven with Kaiju in the background. It worked better here and I enjoyed it. Even an entire episode dedicated to couples therapy was interesting to me.

I liked the spy vs. spy wardrobe in the finale and the finale in general. Brought closure to some areas and kept it open for more. I would be in for a season 2.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database